Ibis Budget Bayeux
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Relais Des 3 Pommes(Saint-Vigor-le-Grand)
Le Lion d'Or(Bayeux)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsrestaurant next doord day beachesdouble beddrive into townyogurtnormandy beachesbreadcourtepaille restaurantbasic roomcontinental breakfastshower and toileteasy accessseparate roomvisiting normandyfree parkingovernight stopboiled eggs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights, while traveling solo to see the D-Day sites in Normandy. I gave this "all 5's" based on what I was looking for. I needed something economical because I was on a budget, and the Ibis Budget Bayeux was just that. It isn't fancy, but it is very affordable, clean, peaceful, and the staff is helpful.

The only thing I would note as maybe being less than good is the location. I gave the location a 5 star rating because it is a very good base if you want to see the D-Day sites in Normandy. To me, this was the most important component of location. However, it is probably worth noting that there isn't much within walking distance of the hotel. There is a restaurant right next door, but past that, no food options within walking distance.

Again, however, for me, the most important factor was how the hotel enabled me to see the D-Day sites. On this point, the Ibis Budget Bayeux is deserving of high marks.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank MONeill87
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Situated just off the N13 at junction 36, the Ibis Budget is an ideal base for exploring the Normandy beaches - but take care not to follow the Hotel Ibis signs at junction 38 which led us on a wild goose chase down to Port En Bessin!
The rooms are very small but at £43 a night for a double they represent tremendous value. The hotel is spotlessly clean and the staff are helpful and friendly. Free wifi, plenty of (reasonably secure) free parking and a pleasant enough bar and grill (open until 11pm) 30 yards across the car park which is very handy because out of season Bayeux tends to shut very early!
I recommend a visit to the British War Cemetery down in the town which helps to put things into perspective. And don't miss the Normandy Museum across the road.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Steve993
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in April. Used it as a base for exploring the Normandy Beaches. Simple but clean rooms. Out of town but with good access to N13 route. Breakfast was very basic continental affair and you could be better off buying elsewhere. Staff were polite and friendly with limited English. Ample parking. Chsin restaurant next door with very average food and lttke First non-meat eaters to choose from. However overall good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My two friends and I loved the simple efficiency and effectiveness of this handy little hotel on the perimeter of Bayeux. We would all have liked to import the super efficient showers to our own homes: all plastic, no corners, grouting or glass to clean! If you were sharing you would have to be very good friends, as the shower is visible from the bedroom, but as a single room for one person my double bed with bunk bed over the top was wonderfully comfortable. I didn't find the clothes hanging space until the morning - it's just out of sight on the side of the double bed where the ladder ascends to the bunk bed. We are francophone but the receptionist spoke excellent English. Breakfast was standard French and fine. Would go back in the blink of an eye. We ate in the Courtepaille which is about 20 yards away. We enjoyed our meal there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is a very new hotel about 2 miles out from Bayeux town centre so car essential. Great location and easy to find if doing the D Day tours nearby or Bayeux itself. Very clean and modern though it is a 2 star , staff friendly and helpful - ask for 15 % discount voucher at the steak house next door. We had the all you can eat continental breakfast which was very good and plentiful. Trickys - the tv volume is set at a low level so if you are hard of hearing you won't here the tv, also the shower exits straight into the room so make sure you know your room mate well !!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family