Review Highlights
Must visit

This is a must visit D-Day museum, the original bridge is in the grounds along with some lovely... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
SarahE663
via mobile
The 1st area liberated on D-Day

Wow what a overwhelming experience to visit and learn of everything that took place here in 1944... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
RoryAtkins
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Ranville
from $84.33
from $111.31
from $123.68
from $221.65
More Info
All reviews horsa glider excellent museum bailey bridge early hours bullet holes original bridge prince charles after midnight museum grounds airborne division brave men personal items cafe gondree well laid out great tribute great place to visit on display
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2019

Hundreds of artifics, very well kept, a great place to visit. Well maintained, my only issue was a little expensive at €8 each, visit lasted around 1 hour plenty to see and plenty to read!!

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed August 31, 2019

This museum in my opinion is the best in Normandy. Loaded with personal items and equipment from 6th Airborne, it does a great job of telling the story of the British and Canadian soldiers who dropped from the sky to liberate France.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed August 28, 2019

I wasn't actually going to visit this museum as I was starting to get a bit bored of museums on my trip but I am so glad that I did. I think I found this museum the most interesting of all the museums I went to.

Personally, I found the letters to and from soldiers fascinating and extremely moving. This for me was the museum which actually allowed me to picture what life was like for soldiers. Some of the information was almost too much to handle and really upsetting, like the tragic letters from the army, but this was counter-balanced with intricate information about things like the pigeons who helped with the war, which other museums didn't have.

I would definitely recommend going to this museum and would definitely visit again.

Reviewed August 27, 2019

The whole story of the taking of Pegasus Bridge requires a memorial to recognise the efforts - and lives given

Reviewed August 27, 2019 via mobile

Great place to see. Maybe there should be more information about the facts about where British army who landed by Pegasus Bridge got the money for this operation, as a reference to the history...

1  Thank krissj2019