“The Most Beautiful Waterfalls in the Philippines”
Review of Tinuy-an Falls

Tinuy-an Falls
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Bislig
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Taking "Habal-Habal" on the way to Tinuy-an from Mangagoy is an adventure in itself :)

Firstly, I must say that the waterfalls is very different in person from the photos. Tinuy-an is just amazing and beautiful. The loud sounds of the waterfalls is astonishingly relaxing. Tinuy-an falls is enormous and exploring this attraction takes a long time. It's best to visit Tinuy-an very early in the morning, especially if one wants to take good photos. The upper part of the falls should not also be missed so make sure to explore most of the areas if not all...

Thank YOU Lord Jesus for this wonderful creation :)

4  Thank RayGohetiaJatico
There are newer reviews for Tinuy-an Falls

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I first heard about this waterfalls 15 years ago from a friend. My first visit to Bislig, Surigao del Sur was way back in year 2000. Tinuy-an falls was magnificently beautiful. I never thought such a place existed here in the Philippines. I went back over and over even though the cost of plane fare from Manila was very expensive.

I really love this place, but I find the development made by the Local Tourism truly unpleasing. They added potted plants, they erected a bridge, some huts on the island across the river, they also erected flags and big billboard type tarpaulins with photos of celebrities who visited.

I just wish they take all that out to let Tinuy-an's beauty be appreciated without the ugliness of too much bad decorations. I have spoken with the Tourism Officers of Surigao del Sur and I hope they take my advice on that matter.

5  Thank Rolly M
Reviewed September 25, 2013

it was a memorable experience being under this waterfalls because it was my first time riding a raft approaching this huge waterfalls.i love how it feel to be here.finally i have conquered it! coming here,take a lot of bumpy ride and time traveling.but once you get to this place,it feels go damn good! Cheap entrance fee.Along the way are beautiful scenery,You'll forget having a bumpy ride.i feel so proud to have been in this place.

2  Thank bethquimpo
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Never thought this existed in my region in Caraga. We came from Tandag with a private vehicle from my wife's aunt, the travel time was about 2-3 hours. We had a few stops from time to time. When we arrived at the place, a mini falls welcomed us, I thought that was it. Then, when we were paying for the entrance fee, I saw this falls from afar. I thought I was in a different country. There were also a lot of tourist coming from different parts of Mindanao, Visayas and Luzon.

The most exciting part was getting underneath the falls thru a "balsa" or a bamboo raft. there is a minimum fee for taking one for a certain time. and the other exciting part was going up the falls itself. it's like a ladder of water when you're above the falls.

There are huts that can be rented. and also when you want to have an overnight stay, I think they have a lodge from the entrance. I hope they can expand or add some more rooms. because, when we were there, a lot was trying to book or have an overnight stay but the rooms were full already until the next 3-days or so. also, they could maintain the bathroom facilities provided.

I will definitely visit this place again. This is for the whole family, friends, and adventurers.

2  Thank wyn_d_traveler
Reviewed August 5, 2013

this was our 2nd destination in Surigao. the bridge on the way was under renovation, it was damaged due to heavy rain so our van cannot go through, we needed to cross the river and get to our destination riding the what-so-called "skylab". at first I was afraid to ride it as it looks unsafe, but we have no choice because there's no other way for us to get there. yeah, it really was scary but super fun to ride. people there were very accommodating including the drivers of the skylab and the mayor of the city was there who also welcomed us and even took a photo with us. the place was pretty neat and the view is superb! we did not find any store or anyone selling food here so you better bring your own. you can go to the top of the falls, 100 steps up i think. they also have a bamboo raft ride so we can get near the falls. the water was so deep but can't help myself from jumping off to the water. there were life vest still for rent for those who can't swim. this is only for a day tour.

6  Thank ellajmnz