“So grand! The Niagara of the Philippines!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Bislig
Muntinlupa, Philippines
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“So grand! The Niagara of the Philippines!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

it was a memorable experience being under this waterfalls because it was my first time riding a raft approaching this huge waterfalls.i love how it feel to be here.finally i have conquered it! coming here,take a lot of bumpy ride and time traveling.but once you get to this place,it feels go damn good! Cheap entrance fee.Along the way are beautiful scenery,You'll forget having a bumpy ride.i feel so proud to have been in this place.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank bethquimpo

34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Breathtakingly Falling...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Never thought this existed in my region in Caraga. We came from Tandag with a private vehicle from my wife's aunt, the travel time was about 2-3 hours. We had a few stops from time to time. When we arrived at the place, a mini falls welcomed us, I thought that was it. Then, when we were paying for the entrance fee, I saw this falls from afar. I thought I was in a different country. There were also a lot of tourist coming from different parts of Mindanao, Visayas and Luzon.

The most exciting part was getting underneath the falls thru a "balsa" or a bamboo raft. there is a minimum fee for taking one for a certain time. and the other exciting part was going up the falls itself. it's like a ladder of water when you're above the falls.

There are huts that can be rented. and also when you want to have an overnight stay, I think they have a lodge from the entrance. I hope they can expand or add some more rooms. because, when we were there, a lot was trying to book or have an overnight stay but the rooms were full already until the next 3-days or so. also, they could maintain the bathroom facilities provided.

I will definitely visit this place again. This is for the whole family, friends, and adventurers.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank wyn_d_traveler
Manila, Philippines
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“skylab to skyhigh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

this was our 2nd destination in Surigao. the bridge on the way was under renovation, it was damaged due to heavy rain so our van cannot go through, we needed to cross the river and get to our destination riding the what-so-called "skylab". at first I was afraid to ride it as it looks unsafe, but we have no choice because there's no other way for us to get there. yeah, it really was scary but super fun to ride. people there were very accommodating including the drivers of the skylab and the mayor of the city was there who also welcomed us and even took a photo with us. the place was pretty neat and the view is superb! we did not find any store or anyone selling food here so you better bring your own. you can go to the top of the falls, 100 steps up i think. they also have a bamboo raft ride so we can get near the falls. the water was so deep but can't help myself from jumping off to the water. there were life vest still for rent for those who can't swim. this is only for a day tour.

Visited September 2012
6 Thank ellajmnz
Caloocan, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the Beautiful Falls of Bislig,Mindanao”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

it just a nice place. I've been there for summer vacation my cousin recommended me to go there. its my first time to go there and were staying for just only hour so I'm not really enjoyed.. but its a beautiful falls ive ever seen in mindanao.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank ruth a
Davao City, Davao City, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Majestic!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I'm not an avid fan of fresh bodies of water (rivers, lakes) I'm really a saltwater girl but the view and the power of Tinuy-an falls was just really breathtaking! Since visiting the place for the 3rd time and this was post-Pablo (the devastating typhoon that hit south-eastern Mindanao), most of the developments of the place had been washed away like the bridge connecting to the other side of the falls and the bridge going up the "second level" of the falls. It was really sad that we weren't able to climb up to wade in the spa-like serenity of the second level of Tinuy-an falls. You can also swim near the the part where the water is cascading, provided that the current isn't too strong and you know how to swim of course! Though they provide life jackets just for safety. Still, despite the recent typhoon, the place is still a natural beauty, with or without the cottages surrounding the place. It's a good break from all the saltwater, I've been having and truly, staying here is a relaxation unlike any other.

Going there is not quite difficult as there are signs from the main highway, although it's around a few kilometers inside and a vehicle is definitely a must. It's all worth the visit though, after all, how many of us get to swim around waterfalls this huge?

Visited February 2013