Review Highlights

Reviewed August 5, 2019
jamesweidmann
Brisbane, Australia
via mobile
Peaceful camping next to a splendid river

Reviewed June 2, 2019
SwannS12

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2019 via mobile

Stayed for one night, staff were friendly and very accomodating. Gray is a hero, picked us out a fantastic stretch of river for an incredible day, both fun and relaxing. Saw three platypuses! Water was cold, but don’t let that deter you. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed June 2, 2019

I stay there less than a week. I spent my mornings walking along the beautiful river. If you're lucky you will meet a couple of turtles. This is a calm and well maintain place to rest. The Café is a good place to relax and enjoy the free wifi.
Than you again Nymboida !

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed May 1, 2019

We spent our Easter long weekend at Nymboida Canoe & Camping Centre.
We drove from Brisbane with our Canoe.
The spot we secured which was right next to the creek was great, we took our Golden Retriever and our bikes. Frank (the Golden) could go for a swim whenever he felt like it. The amenities were clean and close by. There's no reception so that was a bonus.
The only downside was that we were expecting more canoe spots on the creek, the map shows several areas for kayaking and canoeing, one was right next to our camp but the water was barely hip depth and mostly ankle deep in most places. We drove to the Nymboida River to take the canoe.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed December 31, 2017

This is the perfect place for a relaxing family holiday or to do some serious white water canoeing. My son and husband did the white water canoe guide course with Gray, who is an experienced guide and passionate teacher. I went on a one day white water canoe trip with guides and a great bunch of people and had so much fun. The cabins and camping facilities are wonderful and they are pet friendly as well. The camp grounds are in a beautiful setting, plus you can also do day trips into Grafton or up into the beautiful Dorrigo National Park and visit the historic township.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed January 5, 2017 via mobile

3 of us complete rookies went out for 3 hours with Gray and had a fantastic time. It rained but still so much fun! Gray's passion and knowledge is so obvious and his tuition was fantastic. We'll be back in the winter to see a platypus! Thank you!

Date of experience: January 2017