“peaceful resort” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ko Kho Khao
norwich
“peaceful resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2010

the hotel had just opened a week previous to us arriving and coupled with low season was serenly peaceful and tranquil.after a very smooth check in was pleasantly surprised by the large room with what looked like a new refitted bathroom and a well stocked mini bar at reasonable prices.the hard wood flooring had such a shine you could literally see your reflection in it.
the grounds of the hotel are large with a multitude of wildlife to keep the camera clicking away at regular intervals.the large swimming pool provides more than enough room to find your own space.the staff at the hotel aim to please and always succeed regardless of what you may require.
so to put it in a nutshell if r&r is what you are after this place will take some beating!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NorwichBlue1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Gjovik, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2010

This is such a beautiful and quiet place. After 10,5 hour flight from Oslo to Phuket we got on the bus which in about two hours took us to Koh Kho Khao ( a short trip with a short longtail boat trip included). Everything went very nice and smooth, and when we arrived to the hotel, we were greated by the staff with a drink and some information.

Our room on the first floor were very nice and spacious. Beautiful bathroom with a bath tub and shower. The balcony was quite small and very hot! So when we are going back in February 2011 we have ordered a sea front villa.

The first night we had our dinner at the U thong restaurant at the hotel, very good food there. Hubby had a pine apple shell filled with pork, rice, peanuts and vegetables. Nice and yummy, The service at the hotel is also very good. We had nothing to complain about!

The pool area is absolutely lovely! And don't forget the Happu Hour between 4 and 5 am... I forgot a few times and ended up with two huge drinks! Very nice though :)

This is not a party island, but try the Funny Bar just outside the hotel entrance. The guy (Manh) who runs it all by himself is so sweet! We spent most evenings there after we had our dinner in the harbour area or in the main street.

We also joined a trip to Surin Island, organized by the hotel. The snorkeling there is amazing and a "must do"! Hubby also went on a fishing trip with some Thai friends we met. They caught some fish too... while I went by myself to Khao Lak for some shopping. I felt very safe there. First long tail boat, then a taxi (who also waited for me) back and forth to Khao Lak. Not expencive at all.

I'll put some photos here as well, and feel free to ask if you have any questions. :)

I am so happy that we are going back in three months!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank VikingDame
Oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2010

We stayed here easter 2010 - and it was perfect. Cozy, quiet, relaxing, fun, active and over all: excellent.

We stayed in what is called a bungalow in Apollos webpages (Norwegian travel agency). This was a huge, clean and very well kept house, with a fantastic jacuzzi in the bathroom. If you go here, I absolutely recommend the bungalow. It cost a little bit extra, but it is worth every penny.

The staff is nice (not all of them are good in english, but still), very helpful and positive. The bungalow was clean and beautiful, great service, and a great location on a quiet beach.

We even went out to party on a local bar, next to the hotel one night. A lot of fun, with Thai karaoke. The Koh Kho Khao-island is not made for partying, but it's possible to have fun there.

My boyfriend even proposed to me here. It's that romantic!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank plosiv
Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2010

Stay for two weeks in mars at the Andaman Princess Resort & Spa.
I was travelling by my self, but my daughter and her friend whos be travelling around in Asia for two months spend a week with me. The staff was very friendly and it was no problem to get a room just beside me för my daughter and her friend.
The hotell was quiet and calm. I have a deluxeroom and the bed was great.
The balcony was small but OK.
The poolarea was great and just a few step down to the beach. I take a walk at the beach every morning and lunchtime and just meet a few persons -you have the beach for you own.
The restaurante was not so good. The breakfastbuffé was OK, but i have eat better in other places. I always at knight go down to the harbour and eat lovely dinners in one of the restaurant. Cheaper and better than at the hotel.
Kor Khao Island is a very calm place, so if you want party and shopping you go somewhere else.
For me it was perfect. It was nice to go back when I `ve been in Kao Lak for some shopping.
I will recommend you to take a snorkeltrip with speedboat to Similian Island.
It was amazing if you like nice bath and snorkeling.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank LottaSweden
Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks. When we first got there, it was evening. I was sceptical at once, because I didnt see any other hotel guests. But the next morning it was people eating breakfast, people at the pool etc, so I didnt feel "alone" after all. I guess the only reason we didnt see any people the first night, was that people were out eating dinner. We only ate dinner at the hotel twice, but figured the food were better other places, and also half the prize. I also like eating other places than the hotel all the time, it's much nicer to go out and see other people! The staff at the hotel are really nice, good service and always smiling. I've never seen such a great pool before! It's huge, and just perfect with all the palms and plants all around. Its really exotic! The beach is also perfect, but we decided to lay at the pool because of the sunbeds, and drinks you could get :) We could still go swimming in the sea, since its only a few steps from the pool to the beach. They also have the best massage!!! One hour with oil massage makes you relax like you have never before, and it's not expensive. If you wanna go shopping, there is no problem going to Kao Lak. Just take a longtailboat, and from there you take a taxi. We went there several times in the evening, no problem at all! I really wanna go back here, cause you really relax, and it isn't overflooded with turists. And it's easy to go shopping in Kao Lak, and also do snorkeling trips to Similan and Surin. Therefor you can combine a relaxing vacation with more "action" if you want to :)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Malinpalin
japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2010

We stayed in this hotel for two weeks,everyone was so friendly,smiling and even some staff cant speak english but still they are trying their best to communicate to everyone...it was a very quite and good place to relax with..next year we will come back and bring the whole family, and the thing that we observe is there are a lot of complimentary in this Hotel like free internet use for 24 hrs.,free dvd,fitness,tennis and the trips prices are really affordable..and also if you go with dinner there are this band playing, they sing nice,and at their age they know a alot of songs from 60's to present, and also there are some nights with a buffet and thai shows,foods are great!We can't wait to come back again..

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2010

I have had friends staying in Koh Kor Khao before (in KKK Beach Resort), whispering to me that Andaman Princess is the ultimate luxury hotel in Koh Kor Khao,

Well. I have stayed in one or two 5* hotels and resorts during my relatively short life, and no, it's not good enough for this price level especially in Thailand.

It might be the best resort on the island, but luxury it is not. Breakfast: Average (kudos to the waffle stand!). Rooms: Enough space, but especially the 1xx rooms need renovation.
Restaurants: Average. Staff hardly speaks any English (if you want to be a 4*-5* establishment, your people need to be able to speak English.).

Also, why did you ever use the lobby area as a restaurant (which happened half of the time of my stay, during Dec 23th to Dec 27th)? And that hideous troubadour really needs to get fired. Sorry, but the other 10 people working at the restaurant are not going to get paid either as long as the guests escape to the harbor restaurants due to some seriously incompetent singing (or screaming).

Somehow, overall, I liked the place in any case. Go for the two beach villas, they are really nice.

Also, since Swedes and Norwegians are occupying most of the hotel with their package deals, it's very peaceful in general.

And the island itself is great. Peace and quiet. No go-go bars, no discos, no jet skis, no wandering salesmen at the beach. One tailor and one ATM at the harbor. If you think this sounds boring, go to Patong or Pattaya. Don't come here.

Skip the hotel pool bar for lunch. Walk for 10 minutes at the beach for a nice restaurant that can serve you real Thai food and not just club sandwiches and bland satay.

Skip the hotel restaurants for dinner. Either walk for 10 minutes at the beach, or walk to the harbor. Sorry guys, but you must have noticed that your guests are escaping and eating somewhere else.. (to be honest, I had some excellent river prawns at the hotel restaurant as well, but the atmosphere just sucks)

And visit the Funny Bar close to the hotel entrance, that guy deserves a break at least just for trying!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Cousin Resort Koh Kho Khao Beach
Koh Kho Khao Resort
Koh Kho Khao Resort
#3 of 6 in Ko Kho Khao

Been to Andaman Princess Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!