“A fantastic hotel, on a fantastic island”

Andaman Princess Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ko Kho Khao
Reviewed April 15, 2010

We stayed here easter 2010 - and it was perfect. Cozy, quiet, relaxing, fun, active and over all: excellent.

We stayed in what is called a bungalow in Apollos webpages (Norwegian travel agency). This was a huge, clean and very well kept house, with a fantastic jacuzzi in the bathroom. If you go here, I absolutely recommend the bungalow. It cost a little bit extra, but it is worth every penny.

The staff is nice (not all of them are good in english, but still), very helpful and positive. The bungalow was clean and beautiful, great service, and a great location on a quiet beach.

We even went out to party on a local bar, next to the hotel one night. A lot of fun, with Thai karaoke. The Koh Kho Khao-island is not made for partying, but it's possible to have fun there.

My boyfriend even proposed to me here. It's that romantic!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank plosiv
There are newer reviews for Andaman Princess Resort & Spa

Reviewed April 9, 2010

Stay for two weeks in mars at the Andaman Princess Resort & Spa.
I was travelling by my self, but my daughter and her friend whos be travelling around in Asia for two months spend a week with me. The staff was very friendly and it was no problem to get a room just beside me för my daughter and her friend.
The hotell was quiet and calm. I have a deluxeroom and the bed was great.
The balcony was small but OK.
The poolarea was great and just a few step down to the beach. I take a walk at the beach every morning and lunchtime and just meet a few persons -you have the beach for you own.
The restaurante was not so good. The breakfastbuffé was OK, but i have eat better in other places. I always at knight go down to the harbour and eat lovely dinners in one of the restaurant. Cheaper and better than at the hotel.
Kor Khao Island is a very calm place, so if you want party and shopping you go somewhere else.
For me it was perfect. It was nice to go back when I `ve been in Kao Lak for some shopping.
I will recommend you to take a snorkeltrip with speedboat to Similian Island.
It was amazing if you like nice bath and snorkeling.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank LottaSweden
Reviewed March 28, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks. When we first got there, it was evening. I was sceptical at once, because I didnt see any other hotel guests. But the next morning it was people eating breakfast, people at the pool etc, so I didnt feel "alone" after all. I guess the only reason we didnt see any people the first night, was that people were out eating dinner. We only ate dinner at the hotel twice, but figured the food were better other places, and also half the prize. I also like eating other places than the hotel all the time, it's much nicer to go out and see other people! The staff at the hotel are really nice, good service and always smiling. I've never seen such a great pool before! It's huge, and just perfect with all the palms and plants all around. Its really exotic! The beach is also perfect, but we decided to lay at the pool because of the sunbeds, and drinks you could get :) We could still go swimming in the sea, since its only a few steps from the pool to the beach. They also have the best massage!!! One hour with oil massage makes you relax like you have never before, and it's not expensive. If you wanna go shopping, there is no problem going to Kao Lak. Just take a longtailboat, and from there you take a taxi. We went there several times in the evening, no problem at all! I really wanna go back here, cause you really relax, and it isn't overflooded with turists. And it's easy to go shopping in Kao Lak, and also do snorkeling trips to Similan and Surin. Therefor you can combine a relaxing vacation with more "action" if you want to :)

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Malinpalin
Reviewed February 19, 2010

We stayed in this hotel for two weeks,everyone was so friendly,smiling and even some staff cant speak english but still they are trying their best to communicate to everyone...it was a very quite and good place to relax with..next year we will come back and bring the whole family, and the thing that we observe is there are a lot of complimentary in this Hotel like free internet use for 24 hrs.,free dvd,fitness,tennis and the trips prices are really affordable..and also if you go with dinner there are this band playing, they sing nice,and at their age they know a alot of songs from 60's to present, and also there are some nights with a buffet and thai shows,foods are great!We can't wait to come back again..

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2010

I have had friends staying in Koh Kor Khao before (in KKK Beach Resort), whispering to me that Andaman Princess is the ultimate luxury hotel in Koh Kor Khao,

Well. I have stayed in one or two 5* hotels and resorts during my relatively short life, and no, it's not good enough for this price level especially in Thailand.

It might be the best resort on the island, but luxury it is not. Breakfast: Average (kudos to the waffle stand!). Rooms: Enough space, but especially the 1xx rooms need renovation.
Restaurants: Average. Staff hardly speaks any English (if you want to be a 4*-5* establishment, your people need to be able to speak English.).

Also, why did you ever use the lobby area as a restaurant (which happened half of the time of my stay, during Dec 23th to Dec 27th)? And that hideous troubadour really needs to get fired. Sorry, but the other 10 people working at the restaurant are not going to get paid either as long as the guests escape to the harbor restaurants due to some seriously incompetent singing (or screaming).

Somehow, overall, I liked the place in any case. Go for the two beach villas, they are really nice.

Also, since Swedes and Norwegians are occupying most of the hotel with their package deals, it's very peaceful in general.

And the island itself is great. Peace and quiet. No go-go bars, no discos, no jet skis, no wandering salesmen at the beach. One tailor and one ATM at the harbor. If you think this sounds boring, go to Patong or Pattaya. Don't come here.

Skip the hotel pool bar for lunch. Walk for 10 minutes at the beach for a nice restaurant that can serve you real Thai food and not just club sandwiches and bland satay.

Skip the hotel restaurants for dinner. Either walk for 10 minutes at the beach, or walk to the harbor. Sorry guys, but you must have noticed that your guests are escaping and eating somewhere else.. (to be honest, I had some excellent river prawns at the hotel restaurant as well, but the atmosphere just sucks)

And visit the Funny Bar close to the hotel entrance, that guy deserves a break at least just for trying!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank villeww
Reviewed January 19, 2010

I have been to many resorts in Thailand such as in Krabi, Phuket and Hua Hin. I must say that this is the best place I have ever stayed in! In addtion to the Andaman Princess resort, Koh kho Khao island is truely amazing with unspoilt nature.

I stayed at Andaman Princess for 3 weeks, with my husband, from 20 December 2009 onwards in the Deluxe Sea View Room. The room is very spacious at 45-55 s.q.m I think. What I loved about the room is that there is a resting area with a huge window where I can lay down and see the gardens and the landscape from my room. I would recommend to spend some time lying there in the night. The stars are beautiful.

Another thing that I loved about this place is they do offer free DVD movie rentals with more than 200 titles. Those movies offered were new movies that were release recently and I did spent lot of time watching those that I have missed at night before I go to bed. In the evening after dinner, my husband and I would spend time playing pool (free of charge) at their lounge. The only thing missing there would be a nice set of LCD TV hanging on the wall.

The breakfast was very good with a lot of options available and the staff were very helpful. Although a few of them had some difficulty communicating with us in english, they tried very hard and I must give credit to them for their service mind. The swimming pool is huge with jacuzzi corners. The food were good especially the Sea View Seafood restaurant next to the swimming pool. We did have our lunches there every day. The price is reasonable with a large portion and the most important thing is the food tastes delicious. As for dinner, we would take some time out walking along to roads near the Koh Kho Khao island pier and did have dinner at several local restaurants. I would recommend any one to try out the restautant name Ko Kai. the owners were very nice and polite and their little daughter would help out with the serving. Very friendly indeed.

As our stay is 21 days, we did try out trips to both Surin and Similan island. We went there by speed boat for snorkelling trips. Those trips were very memorable and fun. As we did 2 trips, they tour operator offered us a further 10% discount. Many days, we would also spend afternoons sun bathing at the swimming pool and at the beach (a little more quiet and private). I did make some trips to Khao lak town as well and we took a taxi from the nam Khem Pier to go there for some shopping.

As for the 2 gala dinners that we attended (4,000 baht/person), it was worth it! There were great performances and there were so many variety of food. We were surprised that the resort do offer BBQ fresh river lobsters (Vey expensive dish indeed and we have never been to any property offering this kind of seafood).

We did see other guests holding private family parties at the Chom talay restaurant with elephant dance and it looked just great.

Overall our stay at Andaman Princess Resort was excellent. Credit to the management team! We will be back again next christmas and will plan to stay at their huge villas. I did make friends with other guests and most of them were really enjoying their stay and cant wait to tell their family and friends about it. A few even extended their stay by 2 - 3 days! Unfortunately, there were young couples who were not very happy as they would have preferred to stay at Phuket.

Word of advice:
For older couples and families with kids, this place is the perfect place: The resort offers great environment for familes and older couples who prefers to have a more relaxing and quiet stay vacation.
As for young couples or people who love Phuket styled holidays (mass tourism), please do not come as this place is never meant for you. You would end up having negative thoughts about the hotel (which are never meant to be) and also ruining your holiday.

Thank you Andaman Princess, we did enjoy our stay and would recommend more people to stay at your fantastic resort!!! Cheers!!! :)

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Victoria125
Reviewed January 18, 2010

Visited in January 2010 after a wedding in India on the way back to the USA. Although a bit of a trek (2 hours) from the airport at Phuket on an air-conditioned spacious hotel van (we arranged for transport in advance), the extra time was worth it. A very authentic (as in basic) ferry (#6 was the number on the boat) for a 10 minutes ride from mainland to the island where the hotel is. Golf cart took us from the boat to the hotel (3 minutes) Beautiful property, well maintained and thoughtfully constructed. A welcome drink (well received) and a friendly welcome from the Manager. The front desk was always helpful throughout our stay. Rooms were very spacious, comfortable and immaculate. Small balcony on our 3rd floor room with quick elevator nearby if we did not want to use the stairs. There are other types of rooms including small villas throughout the property. Staff was very friendly, but low key in the Thai manner. Friendly and talkative if you want, but will let you just enjoy the sun, read a book or go to the spa ($12 (US) massages-at that price we had them every day) if that is your preference. When we were there, the hotel was populated primarily with Swedish tourists and families, but a couple of Germans, Brits and misc others. I believe we were the only Americans at the time. The relaxing vibe was just what we needed after a hectic trip from Connecticut in the US to Mumbai and then to Goa to this hotel via Bangkok and Phuket. Although we were there only 5 nights, we could have stayed another week and enjoyed ourselves. In fact, the Swedish couple next door to us decided to do just that (I guess the 6 week vacation is something I can only wish for). Clean and very large meandering pool through the property, waterfalls, and a great architectural emphasis on local Thai design. Think peaceful. When I was walking from our wing to the main lobby (great design with huge wood beams and tasteful columns) I passed a small utility area. A water truck was unloading, and an elephant was watering up for the day. All in all a really nice change from the typical tourist hotel. Food was good (both Thai and Continental). Breakfast Buffet had lots of options including Thai, fruit, green salad, cereal, and egg/omelette/waffle station. One day we arranged for a car and driver to take us to a local town to walk around and check out some other restaurants. You can walk, or the hotel staff will take you in a golf cart to some other restaurants on the island, or you can rent motorbikes for a day and go exploring for the day for about 300 baht ($10 (US)). Overall the hotel management did a great job and staffed the facility with employees that want you to be happy. We were.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Apsara Beachfront Resort and Villa
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
#2 of 70 in Khao Lak

Been to Andaman Princess Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!