“Never fails to disappoint”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rufford
Center Parcs Sherwood Forest
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Back after a 5 year hiatus between having children as an excuse to visit. Once in the development it took just a few hours to remember WHY I have such great memories and hankered to return. Granted eating out is (in some cases) outrageously expensive, the pool can get horrendously packed and the activities are (often) extortionate - but boy oh boy WHAT a place - I love it - if (as we did this time) you are content to just use the pool and hire a bicycle to go on rambles round the various tracks then you can do it on a budget but if you were to eat out and go large on the activities you would be facing a hefty bill. The sheer range of activities is amazing though and I love the fact that children are welcomed EVERYWHERE and completely accepted in the restaurants, open spaces and all the amenities - with the supermarket even offering proper minature trollies (a surefire hit with our 3 year old).
We had a 2 bed executive villa by the countryclub which was absolutely briliant and I was very impressed with the decor and facilities - the chalkboard wall is a FANTASTIC addition in my opinion and it was great having two en-suites. The cleanliness and quality of the linens etc was also very impressive and I wish I'd made a note of the staff names to thank them in teh feedback form you receive after staying.I had hankered after staying in a treehouse having seen teh details and description on the webiste - but having stayed in the villa overlooking the lake and having been so very happy there I'm not sure I'd be able to justify the price jump (which is huge!). We also went back on checkout day and had a quick look at villa 901 where we'd stayed before which also has an additiona sauna and a balcony over the river with some other enhanced facilities but the proce difference was agaimn about £150 for the time I next wanted to stay which - given the quiality of the villa we had - I was not prepared to pay.
I have already booked to return - even to the same villa - I have though next time decided to go midweek as it offers (to my mind) better value for money.
Ultimately I would heartily recommend Center Parcs Sherwood Forest especially if you have children as a stress free haven with loads to do - next time I'll be trying the spa though....!

Room Tip: Definitely go executive if you can stretch and have a villa overlooking the lake. personally don'...
4  Thank The_Braves
There are newer reviews for Center Parcs Sherwood Forest

Reviewed June 19, 2012

We have just return from a weekend break and had a fantastic time. You need plenty of money though. Cafe Rouge and The Country Club were excellent places to eat.

Room Tip: We stayed in New executive accomodation and there was 6 adults and it was very good and spacious
1  Thank Karen L
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Thanks for writing your review.

It’s great to hear that you all had a fantastic time and enjoyed eating at both Café Rouge and The Country Club.

It is also good to hear that you found the New Style Executive Lodge spacious.

Thanks again for posting.

Kind regards

Therese Garratt
Guest Services Executive

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Our first visit to Centre Parcs and our party of 34 ranged from 11 months to 70! We were scattered all over the parc and our lodge was as far away from everything as you could get and we had difficulty getting around at first, but a very pleasant security man told us we could use the disabled transport, as we were 'less able' and it worked well. Big problem was communicating with each other as no one could get a signal on their mobiles!! Signs were hopeless, but we were told that is being addressed soon. Looks a bit tired, especially the outdoor areas of the lodges which are just weeds!! The swimming pool was overcrowded, because of the rain and difficult to work out what was where and how to use the changing rooms/lockers. No t many staff to help either. On the plus side was the staff in the Sports Cafe, they were amazing Darren and Ash and Adrian and the lovely barman who got us (oldies) a lift late on Friday night. the staff generally were very helpful from the people on the central phone number to those in Guest Services and the facilities

1  Thank ROBINHOOD691
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Have just returned from Sherwood Forest 1st visit in years but have gone to Elverdon Forest 7 times over the past years. We were a party of 16 in three lodges which was best value for money. We went for Woodland Lodges as the villa in Elvendon Forest we booked was tired and old so we decided to upgrade on this visit. I always loved center parcs and my kids now they are older were really looking forward to going on this family trip. The Forest is lovely, wildlife, ponds etc and had a lovely location. However, the Villas I booked were tired and old, smelt of damp, patios dirty and broken dishwasher, cooker. The tropical swimming pool was dirty, nappies left in the shower, plasters floating and stuck on the side of rocks and overall it was tired and old looking. Very slow and poor service in some of the food outlets long waits and queues. My kids felt the same but loved the cycling and being in the woods you do feel like you are away from everything. I think its time they reviewed the village and brought it back to the high standard it used to be and looked at their pricing structure and who their target audience is to attract the right clientel.

Room Tip: We had Villas 221,222,223 close to Village square and lovely location in the Forest.
3  Thank Dundrell
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This was our second visit to Sherwood Forest Centerparc. Although the weather wasn't great on our last visit we still found plenty of things to do.

The accommodation is fantastic and the sense of security is great. We have an 8 year old boy that loved the freedom centerparc gave him.

We have done various activities during our stay, quad biking, ariel adventure, laser combat, falconry, archery, and the "whos out after dark" walk. All the activities were well planned and enjoyable but the walk was particularly good. Our ranger Kev had such a wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm that he really made our visit second to none!!!

I would really recommend a visit and I've all ready booked our next trip!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Jendot78
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We were complely won over within half an hour of arriving. The atmosphere was calm, the accommodation was clean, everywhere we went the staff were helpful and interested.

We pre booked activities and Meals: Hucks, pancake house, aqua Zumba (totally amazing but more sessions please!), windsurfing lesson, time out club for my 6 year old, bird feeding.

Hucks: not great food, and almost £100 for three adults and one child.
Pancake house : fab location looking out over the lake, cheeky chap as entertainer my kids loved him - value brilliant and food top end of very good. You have to upgrade your pud toa banoffee pancake. OMG!!!!!!

I think communication needs to be improved for prebooked activities: you book and pay online - but your receipt doesnt tell you where on site you are going - so you assume this will be in a personalised welcome pack but it isnt.. we ended up phoneing guest services, who were great and helpful, but we really shouldnt have needed to.

Also - we booked two quite expensive items but took the decision that the cost was reflected in the amount of time, i.e. an hour activity on each. however, two activities finished after 20 minutes which for me, meant I wished I hadnt bothered.... just because it was no longer cost effective.

The childrens team in time out - fantastic! my son is shy and withdraws if overwhelmed they wowed him, he went off on his own in less than a minute so I could go for some me time - totally unexpected.

On the way out we met our 'cleaner' who was very chatty and lovely.... an example of all the staff really - helpful and friendly and always happy to help.

My aqua Zumba teacher Dave was an absolute scream - the hardworking hour passed in a blur of laughter and fun.... what more can yo ask for.

The wildlife just outside our cabin was enthralling - rabbits, ducks (mummy duck brought her babiies to our door for food, just gorgous!) and squirrels - they all loved being fed by us and were so tame - totally unexpected and fab.

The cost of the holiday was high - but the accommodation was really good, so overall represented really good value for money and we want to come back soon.

We are usually a 'butlins' family - but this was an experience on a whole new level..... just a shame the cost of eating is quite high - so bring in food to store in the friddge, use the microwave and cooker - save where you can, and make your holiday perfect.

The Norwood Clan.

1  Thank Wendy N
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We have just returned from a great week at center parcs. A great place to enjoy some quality time with family and friends. Lots of fun cycling, swimming, walking and horse riding. The location is fantastic but we were slightly disappointed with the accommodation (new style exec 4 bed lodge). Although fairly new the lodge was already looking scruffy and in need of a thorough clean. On arrival it clearly had not been hoovered recently and I doubt the floor had ever been mopped. After just an hour my 13 month old daughter's tights were black from crawling on it, as were all our feet. The bathroom floor and tiles also needed a good clean. Most of the towels were marked and one of the duvet covers had rips in it. The cot provided was not really big enough for a baby over one year and the mattress was too thick and spongy (too thick for the cot sheet we took and the plastic cover meant the sheet kept sliding off). I wish I'd taken a travel cot. The highchair was fine however. Clean towels were left midweek, minus clean bath mats which we had to request. Once we had cleaned up the place it was much better. It did not not spoil the week and we did thoroughly enjoy ourselves. Would perhaps try a different location next time. Another thing I should mention is how easy it is to get lost when walking/cycling! If you follow the signs you will never get where you want to be. For the first couple of days on leaving the pool we would carefully follow the signs for Pine Area and kept coming back to the pool again and again. Once we knew our way round a bit more it was fine. Not a big problem and made us laugh more than anything!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank k h
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rufford
Best Western Plus Nottingham Westminster Hotel
Travelodge Retford Markham Moor
Premier Inn London Sidcup
Premier Inn London Sidcup
#333 of 1,072 in London

Been to Center Parcs Sherwood Forest? Share your experiences!