“Beautiful place with good ambience and food.”
Review of The Rose Cottage

The Rose Cottage
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Rufford
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stopped here for our evening meal and when you walk in the place is really welcoming, and the staff were there straight away to help you and seat you at your table, the outside area is big and very good but we decided to sit indoors, the surroundings are great to, the décor in the pub is lovely and very homely and comfortable, we went to a similar place for a drink that lunchtime and then got told that the owners own both of them, that was the dog and duck in Clipstone, and that was lovely too, our meal was lovely, and plenty off it and the prices were reasonably too, my daughter is a fussy eater but she had the pasta in a cheese sauce and garlic bread and said it was delicious, I had the pie and for me it was a little dry,(over heated) but my husband says it was lovely because he likes it like that,(not everyone's tastes are the same), the staff are very nice and helpful and friendly which is always good, we had a lovely meal in a great place and we will be coming back again.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went to this pub as a party of 6 and it catered for all. The food was lovely and the staff were very friendly.

1  Thank Samantha T
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is my second favourite place to visit, the first is the Dog and Duck, which is also owned/run/managed to the same people/group.
The formula they have works and the place was booked to capacity. Fabulous service, food, decor and value. A must visit if in the area

1  Thank tilley057
Reviewed July 5, 2013

A lovely restaurant, beautiful decor & lovely outside seating area & garden, plenty of room for parking. I have called here before for lunch & evening meals with friends usually the food is very good. We had Sunday dinner which we had to wait quite some time for. The children's menu is in my opinion poor & expensive given that most children do not eat that much. We opted for the steak & Kidney pie for the 8 year old while the adults had beef & pork. The meals arrived topped with the largest Yorkshire puddings I have ever had on a dinner. Too large for our taste. The meals were nicely served but not hot. The food was tasty but seemed very dry we had to ask for 2 extra jugs of gravy to make it palatable. Even the mash potato was 'dry' although we could not work out why as everything appeared as it should. The child in our party did not like the pie or the mash, even though these are his favorites. The veg was nice & i enjoyed the cauliflower cheese very much but I wish restaurants would serve veg like this separately as some people like cauliflower but not cheese sauce! All in all we will not be having Sunday lunch here again preferring the dinner at another local venue, but I'm sure I will be calling with friends for the ordinary menu at some point. Staff were friendly & seating arrangements are very good with an 'uncluttered' feel, however the service was average. Verdict; Could do better!

1  Thank staceyjeen
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We always stop here at lunchtime every year before arriving at Center Parcs and the food is always fantastic. Staff are very helpful and friendly and it makes a great start to our holiday.

1  Thank Karen M