“Absolutely fantastic in all aspects!!”
Review of The Mudcastle

The Mudcastle
Gothenburg
“Absolutely fantastic in all aspects!!”
Reviewed April 3, 2010

We had our wedding at the mudcastle. It is an amazing wedding venue! Beautiful setting amongst the hills! Glenys and Kevin were so friendly and accommodating and made our weekend very special. We are, with no doubt, coming back to the mudcastle! It is a real treat, we all loved it! I would strongly recommend a visit!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Luicella

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Guatemala
Reviewed February 17, 2010

I have never stayed in such an awe inspiring place! Kevin and Glenys have done such a marvelous job and all their years of hard work and no holidays have resulted in a place that livens the senses and makes you feel a million bucks! The themeing is brilliant, the surroundings spectacular, the food ravishing and the hosts friendly and warm. We'll definitely be back!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Shmisa
Melbourne
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Seriously you couldn't ask for any better when you stay here. The accomodation is beautiful (we had our own private pool), the rooms are spotless and any service you want you get at the drop of a hat. The breakfast you get is so good it's almost ridiculous and the location is so peaceful whilst it's only a short drive to Motueka or Nelson.

The price is very reasonable (cheaper than many other wineries etc in the area, we did research) and ten times better.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sharkmad7
australia
Reviewed January 31, 2010

My now husband and I stayed here the night before and the night of our wedding. I actaully got ready in one of the suites and we would both highly recommend everything about this place. Glenys and Kevin are amazing hosts and the breakfasts are out of this world! The surroundings were stunning and the attention to detail and small touches really made our stay. A truly romantic place, we will be back.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bunnyaus
Stratford, New Zealand
Reviewed June 16, 2009

I know that I am going to run out of space before I even start to write this review !!

I was fortunate enough to visit the Mudcastle in April 2009 - I'm a travel agent and I visited with a group of 20 clients. I deliberately hadn't told my clients much about where we were going, as I wanted them to be truely "wowed". I certainly wasn't disappointed.

What an amazing place. Glennys & Kevin were the most amazing hosts, they made us feel so welcome - and very special. This place is a true testimony to the hard work and enthusiasm shared by this amazing couple. Everyone was just so overwhelmed by what Glenys & Kevin have achieved, and all the obvious hard work they have put in to achieve their dream. We felt extremely privileged to be guests in their home, and they treated us all like Kings and Queens. Unfortunately we were too big a group to consider staying a night at the Mudcastle, but EVERYONE WANTED to stay the night - the place was just so magical, and the accommodation was absolutely first class.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a night (or more) at the Mudcastle - I'm sure you would wake up each morning feeling like a Prince or Princess in your castle on the hill ! They honeymoon suite was just "to die for" - what a way to start your marriage !! The attention to detail was amazing.

Anyone interested in architecture / renovating etc would be truely inspired after a visit. In fact, I felt quite depressed when I arrived back at my home - and wanted to turn around and go back to the Mudcastle.

Glenys was an absolute delight to deal with - I had been emailing and phoning her for several weeks before we visited - and she never ceased to amaze me, with ideas and suggestions for us to visit other attractions near them. I eagerly anticipated meeting her, as she had been so lovely to deal with. I certainly wasn't disappointed, and upon meeting Glenys, I felt that I had gained a truely special friend. That is just the way she makes you feel - she is to be truely commended for her fabulous people skills. In my job I meet many many different people in the hospitality industry - but I've never meet anyone as special as Glenys. Kevin was just as delightful - they are a special couple.

When you hear the story of how this "castle" came about - you will realise what a truely unique couple Glenys and Kevin are.

On a scale of 1 - 10, I would give them an 11!

The Mudcastle is it's own dreamworld - and a wonderful detour from the reality of everyday life. A visit to the Mudcastle will change your life forever .....

I'm planning to go back.....I can't wait.

NICOLA LAMBKIN