I've stayed at this hotel several times.
The view from the rooms down to the lake is great. I have lived in many different rooms and they all are a little bit "old", but it's ok.. Some of the rooms are quite small, but then the price is better...
The staff are polite, and very helpful, and they welcomes me back again, when I've come back after many stays.
One particular story, my credit-card was maxed out and my Visa card was outdated... The staff then knew me, and let me pay what ever i got left, and then I let me pay the rest when i came back.. That's a good service!
The breakfast is good, and got everything I need from a hotel breakfast. If you ask the staff, they'll give you a doggy bag, so you can bring your own lunch!
The swimming pool is great for a relaxing swim, a little to much chlorine for my taste, but ok.
The one downside of this hotel, they don't have the biggest menu in the restaurant.. So if you stay there six - seven times, you've been around the menu.. It's a little boring, but the food is good!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pleasant, modern and comfortable family-run resort hotel with proud hospitality traditions since 1889. Spacious lounges and dining room overlooking Lake Jølster. Wide choice of indoor- and outdoor activities all year round. Excellent base and starting point for half- or full day excursions to some of the most interesting and well-known sights and tourist attractions in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Thon Hotel Jolster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Sogn Og Fjordane
- Sogn Og Fjordane Best Western
- Thon Hotel Jolster Skei, Norway - Western Norway