“Great insite into champagne making”

Champagne Thierry Rodez
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Ambonnay
More attraction details
Owner description: Champagne Thierry Rodez is situated in the Grand Cru village of Ambonnay. Thierry is a fifth generation winemaker. We are a small champagne producer with 3.4 hectares of vines. Our grapes are pressed, vinified and sold on site. We are open year round (except August) and are always delighted to welcome guests for a tour and degustation of our champagne if we're home (please call ahead!). We look forward to sharing our news and stories with all, especially those interested in the lifestyle of a small and traditional vigneron champenois.
Reviewed March 3, 2012

If you are in the area you have to stop here!

Thierry is a small wine maker compared to the giants Moet who grow grapes near by. Thierry make about 10,000 bottles a year and you know that they put a lot of love into every bottle. First we were brought around the tanks and the area where they prepare the wine and then down into the cellars to see the next years wine maturing before your eyes. After that it was upstairs to see a corking machine and label machine.

We then were told you must try some, I couldn't say no of corse! We talked about the local area and Ireland as they just visited, They really made us feel like we were a neighbor down the road, I just wish I wasent driving as I think we could of had a lot more storys and gossip out over there dinning room table. It is a fantastic champagne and I left with 6 bottles for the collection at home even better was the price!

I will be back :)

1  Thank Pacenotes

Reviewed December 30, 2011

My husband and I visited Thierry Rodez the weekend before Thanksgiving. We only had two short days in the region, one being a Sunday. Given the European standard, we knew our options would be limited. However, Jessie was more than accommodating and happy to host us on Sunday. (I sent an email confirming they would be available) In addition to explaining the process of champagne making, she was more than happy to answer any additional questions we had thought of after visiting two of the larger houses in Epernay.

After a tour of their operations and a great explanation of what makes true champagne so special, we were able to taste several of the champagnes produced there. The rose was by far our favorite rose of the trip, and the brut was equally (if not more) impressive to the larger, more well known houses. My only regret about our visit here is that we did not buy more!!

Do not miss this wonderful stop during your visit to Champagne!

2  Thank Katie D
Reviewed December 7, 2011

A must for everyone visiting this beautiful area . Such a welcoming and authentic experience not to mention the excellent Champagne !! One of the highlights of our trip to Champagne . Thank you , Thank you .

1  Thank HABotha
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Thierry Rodez was an awesome experience for us. We enjoyed a tour, great hospitality, and outstanding champagne while visiting this producer. I highly recommend seeking them out when in the Champagne region.

2  Thank Matt J
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Visited with wife and 2 friends. Very hospitable and more interesting/different experience than big producer. Thierry's wife speaks english. Interesting to sample champagne straight from degorgement.

4  Thank chis20