Bjertorp Slott
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Ditt Hotell Grepen(Vastra Gotaland County)
Hotell Lacko(Lidkoping)
Great 4.5/5
Hotell Radhuset(Lidkoping)
Good 3.5/5
Hotel Falkoping(Falkoping)
All reviewscourse dinneryogurtswedenlawnlobbyluxuryestategolfers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I had a mini-weekend getaway driving around the lake Vänern. One of our nights was spent here at Bjertorp Slott (Castle). The grounds were nice, and they had a lovely wooded area (full of mosquitos this year, eek!) with a wide variety of trees which I'm sure the original country house builders had imported many years ago. There were no benches or anything among the trees, though, which despite the mosquitos would have been really nice, as the trees were gorgeous.

The room was nice, the modern bathroom small, but very well designed and appointed--overall, quite comfortable.

The staff at the castle were nice, and the dining room's menu was extremely tasty, if not very exciting or inventive. I would very much recommend others to make a stop in this place if they're passing through the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jes6ica
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was my favorite place to stay during our trip to Sweden. What a spectacular place! Our room had a small balcony overlooking the beautiful back lawn. There were so many lovely touches to the decor, from the pretty clocks on each of the bedside tables to the delicate chandelier. The gourmet dinner was outstanding. I’m sure hiking and biking around would have been lovely, but we were content to just relax in any corner of this incredible estate. I don’t think everyone on the staff was fluent in english, but they were all very welcoming and accomodating. If you have an opportunity to spend time at Bjertorp Slott, GO! It really is a very special place. My only suggestion would be to have more information about the history of the Slott in english.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Leslie B
Reviewed May 16, 2012

The drive into Bjertorp Slott along the beautiful tree lined drive is the first indication that this is a special place. The grounds are beautiful and the hospitality is outstanding. Our room was on the top floor and we were pleased to find that there was actually an elevator. Our room was rather small compared to some of the other places we stayed, but it was very nicely decorated. We had a window that looked out over the front circular drive. The night we stayed there the facility hosted a high school prom. It was interesting to watch from our window as the parents lined the circle and the prom goers arrived, many in vintage American cars. We were somewhat concerned that all of the activity associated with the prom would create problems at dinner, but we went to dinner at our scheduled time and the service couldn't have been better. Dnner was very good and it was surprisingly quite in the dining room considering there were 100 or more kids in the lobby and on the other side of the lobby. During the day there are coffee, tea and sweets available in the lobby. Overall it was an enjoyable stay and one we would definitely repeat.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We booked the hotel for one night only as it was a stop from Copenhagen to Oslo, and we wished we booked 2! The prices for the place are amazing so we took the suite, which was really spacious and decorated nicely. The staff we really friendly and helpful and they greeted us with our names the minute we arrived and said they were expecting us! We had a problem with our car and without needing to ask twice, the receptionist helped us and ensure the car was covered (it was unexpectedly snowing even though it was April). We had the 5-course dinner and the food was also pretty good. I would definitely consider going back and would recommend the place to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank la121278
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We were visiting Sweden from the US and making rounds around a few different cities. This stop was one option made available by our travel agent. It was our favorite stop!! The "castle" is beautiful and more than one would even begin to expect! If you don't play golf, there isn't a ton to do, but it doesn't matter, as the grounds are SO peaceful and gorgeous. My husband and I were content just spending the days relaxing and taking in everything. The food was AMAZING, as was the attention to detail and customer service. Everything was preserved remarkably, and I honestly can't remember the last time I was able to soak in a deep, claw-foot tub in a hotel. I would HIGHLY recommend this stop!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple