“This is gorgeous!”
Review of Bjertorp Slott

Bjertorp Slott
Ranked #1 of 1 Kvanum B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We were visiting Sweden from the US and making rounds around a few different cities. This stop was one option made available by our travel agent. It was our favorite stop!! The "castle" is beautiful and more than one would even begin to expect! If you don't play golf, there isn't a ton to do, but it doesn't matter, as the grounds are SO peaceful and gorgeous. My husband and I were content just spending the days relaxing and taking in everything. The food was AMAZING, as was the attention to detail and customer service. Everything was preserved remarkably, and I honestly can't remember the last time I was able to soak in a deep, claw-foot tub in a hotel. I would HIGHLY recommend this stop!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bonnie L
There are newer reviews for Bjertorp Slott

Reviewed September 5, 2011

This castle, which is set in a park and with a surrounding 18-hole golf course was built in the 1920-ies by one of Swedens big industrialists. Large parts of the interior have been preserved and presents the mansion as it was originally when built. Each room is beautifully furnished albeit modernized with all conveniences and carries a story of its own.
The gourmet restaurant presents dinners either in the large dining room or in separate rooms for big and small groups.
Vara Bjertorp Golf Course nearby offers 18 well kept holes and is a nice complement to a perfect weekend stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank bgunnarb
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I visited Bjertorp slott for a single night in August with two small children.
From the first approach to the main house the grounds and tree lined drive were impressive. Parking was not a problem as they have ample space available.

Our reservation had been quite informal by email with no credit card precharge, and the staff had the room ready for me and the kids even including sweets on the childrens beds a nice small touch. Our room had a lovely view over the grounds and fountain, the high ceiling and quality fittings made a very positive impression on us all.

In the early evening it was nice to sit at the tables outside, the hotel provides some free coffee and fruit for guests to serve themselves from. We explored the lovely grounds and visited the resident horses, my children thought Bjertorp slott a wonderful place.

The highlight of the visit was the wonderful dinner. The staff made a special meal for my 6 year old who was not adventurous enough to try the full gourmet dinner. My older child and myself enjoyed a memorable dinner and desert.

I dont have any negatives to mention, you will find cheaper places to stay but regarding value for money this was hard to beat.

I hope to visit again, and I hope to find not too much changed please.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank riha1488
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Me and my husband spent a night at this hotel on our way to some friends " just to cut our journey in half and spoil ourselfs a little".
It is a lovely hotel and the staff is wonderful, helpful and friendly.
The rooms are all styled in different ways and colours and nicely decorated with tasteful details.
I am however, a little dissappointed that there were no bathrobes in the room. I mean, everything else had that little extra, so why not this?
I read on the website afterwards that you can get them in one of their packages....
I can also compliment them on the food.
We had dinner in the restaurant and ate three out of the five course dinner with the recommended wine and it was lovely a dessert to die for.
Another thing that was nice were that many of the ingredients were locally produced.

We are definitely planning to visit Bjertorp again and has recommended it to our friends.
My husband and I are not golfers but if you are, the course is just around the corner and if you book in advance, you can have a massage and it´s possible to go riding.

My only varning is, if you come from the north, don´t leave the highway until you see the sign of the hotel. If you leave the road for the village Kvänum, you will get there but have some trouble finding your way.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Maria1054
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I've been back to the Bjertorp Slott, and it was even better. The rooms have been upgraded with new decorations and large flat panel televisions. The breakfast and dinner was again fantastic. This my favorite hotel and restaurant in all of southwest Sweden. They now have bikes that you can borrow to bike through the farmlands. There is no better choice than the Bjertorp Slott.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank eriktera
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Loved the Bjertorp. I've stayed there twice while doing business in Emtunga. The restaurant is simply superb. The ambiance of the place is great. Most of the employees speak excellent english, so it is easy to get around. There is a sauna downstairs that it a little hidden, but its a great little place. You can ask them to set it up for you. The grounds are great to walk around in. There is path behind the golf course that runs through the woods, that is a fine walk.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank eriktera
Reviewed June 6, 2007

If your ever in Sweden, put the Bjertorp Slott on the top of your list. We booked it throught an agent, and were treated with a wonderful five course meal the night before, and then stayed overnight. The room was spotless, the view from the room was
fabulous. The next morning, we had breakfast there which had
everthing you could want. The staff was very helpful, and the Castle itself is something to see. The surrounding countyside
on the way from Gothenburg was breathtaking. Make sure this is one of your stops. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank azdad27
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kvanum
Lumber & Karle
#1 of 6 in Falkoping
Kurorten Mosseberg
Kurorten Mosseberg
#2 of 6 in Falkoping

Been to Bjertorp Slott? Share your experiences!