“~ Almost Heaven ~”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Finca Lucia

The Villa is set within orange groves Large drive & ample parking area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
The Villa by night
The Villa is set within orange groves
Large drive & ample parking area
Main entrance
Dining hall
Large kitchen, double oven, huge cooker & second oven, 2 x American fridge freezers
Stunning 14 x 6 metre pool
Roman end view towards BBQ and outside kitchen
Spa end view towards grapevines and relaxation area
Huge lounge with satellite tv.
Pool and BBQ area from Master bedroom balcony
Private tennis court from Master balcony
Master side balcony view
View from upper bedroom balcony
View of the private tennis court from Master bedroom
The Minstrel Gallery surrounding the dining hall!!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

wilmasere
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“~ Almost Heaven ~”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 for a stay in September 2011

The welcoming aroma from the fruit vines
Oranges, grapes, pomegranates & lime.
Hardly prepare you for the wonder inside
A place you must savour, to believe the description
Only if there in Person, you will see it's not fiction
A wonderful mansion amid mountains so vast
Picture perfect as if set in a cast
You, from the beginning will want the holiday to last
The swimming pool built in a perfect design .
Tennis, swings, table tennis too !
giving a variety of things to do
You find it so easy to lay back and enjoy
The peace and tranquillity you don't want to destroy
But, your on holiday!!! you MUST go site see!
Visit the old town, that's a must, believe me!
Then to the fiesta in the neighbouring town
Have a few drinks in the Tucan, it's sound ;)
All the while wishing, you were homeward bound
Not to the real world, filled with stress that life brings
but back to the "dream" you have found yourself in
Whether it's a party,a get to gether,
whatever the reason may be
The perfect location without a doubt it must be
A place called Finca Lucia just by the Mediterranean sea...

With thanks to Wayne for opening his home to allow others to "pretend" even if only for a short time, on how life really should be for us all.... But not forgetting to mention Jane and Tony who were very attentive to our needs...Although our Jane needs to sort out that euro percentage thing lol (nudge, nudge Jannnnnnnnnnne) From Wilma & family (Scotland)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The ease of the booking, nothing was left to chance, everything and more were in place for our arrival.
Liked least: coming home to uk
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Aug 13, 2013
What a fabulous appraisal of your trip! I am thrilled the setting and tranquility urged you to write your poem, and I only hope that you will visit again, to enjoy the facilities the house offers, and it's beautiful surroundings.
Thank you for taking time to put your memories into words!

1Linds
Denbigh, United Kingdom
“Highly reccomended, A holiday we will remember & treasure”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 for a stay in April 2012

Where to start, Wayne & the team were super helpful & friendly, Easy to drive to from Airport, we didn't explore much but super markets etc were very good . We stocked up and stayed at the fanatic villa really well equipped, Fresh oranges everyday from the grounds, We all thoroughly enjoined our stay, playing Tennis , Spacious is understatement, there was 18 of us and it never felt crowded the crowning glory has to be the pool & out door area,so many perfect places to sit & relax. BBQ area etc All the bedrooms were so spacious & well decorated, very Comfortable Beds in rooms 'husband wanted to take it home with us !' , lovely fresh modern Bathrooms , the main entrance Dining area has a very grand feel to it, the Kitchen was a dream to use plenty of work space for BBQ preparations Cocktail making & lunch making all at the same time. We were 3 families aged 2-19 years & my Father , we had lots of rain (unusual for time of year) but its didn't deter us at all the kids swam in the heated pool all day the indoor space was great so really didn't matter to us on the sunny days we made good use of outdoor space was truly a fantastic get away for all the Family, there were places to eat out but we liked being at the villa its so homely, plus no one had to drive stocked up on local fresh produce ample selection of Wines & fresh meats in nearby supermarkets. would need a car hire ideally. thinking about it now makes me want to book again, its set off the main road, our daughter enjoyed a walk up the lane to see the animals hens etc its not overlooked & feels very private which was perfect for us. suited to families or couples holidays who want a little luxury , sun & relaxation , ample seating, sun beds etc. Highly Recommend, we flew with Monarch to Almera, Nice little airport easy to navigate to & from , Car hire was similar to the price of return transfers. Looking forward to returning Many thanks

Liked best: Out door areas & space offered
Traveling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Aug 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. It is great to know our efforts for our clients are appreciated. I am delighted to know that you felt the villa was the place to be on your vacation. I do know that with the facilities and space it offers, it is difficult to even think of going elsewhere!! Also, very pleased the children enjoyed the trip and your father, who had quality time to spend with his family. If any of you ever wish to return, we would be only too pleased to welcome you back and sincerely hope that we keep in touch and can offer you our services once again. Kindest regards to all Wayne
loumike12
wirral
“My magnificent wedding venue”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Firstly I must say a big thank you to the owner of Finca Lucia for helping to make my dream a reality. The villa made a fantastic wedding venue. Nothing was too much trouble. He arranged staff to look after us and our guests for the wedding. He put us in touch with a wedding planner who planned/co-ordinated everything to the last detail. Our wedding day was absolutely amazing, the attention to detail was second to none. As a surprise for me it was arranged for the local goat herder to stand with his herd so there bells could tinkle whilst we ate paella. Overall I don't think you could find a more magical venue to host a wedding. Hopefully the attached photos will do it justice.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
Oct 28, 2013
I am honoured you chose my home for your wedding setting, and thrilled that you enjoyed your day so much. The goats aren't normally part of a wedding package - but it certainly made for some great photos!!
Stino0804
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great Villa”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Wayne, On behalf of my group I would like to thank you for the time we had at your wonderful villa, you have a superb home. The villa was spotless, huge and very homely. I would have no problem in recommending your villa to friends and clients and I know that we will be returning, once again thank you very much. Bill Stinson

Traveling group: Friends
Aug 13, 2013
I am delighted you found time to review my property, and thank you so much for your kind words. I would be only too pleased to welcome you all back for another mixed golfing week, and look forward to hearing from you again.

Charles T
Pontefract
“A par excellent villa”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 for a stay in May 2011

To say this villa and holiday was excellent is an understatement. If there is such a thing as a perfect holiday then we had it at Finca Lucia. We wanted to do something special for my wife's 80 birthday so decided to take all our family (10 adults and five children) to Finca Lucia for one week. It was everything you could wish for: plenty of room for all of us and plenty of space outside so we did not get under each others feet. We made good use of the excellent facilities the pool, the tennis court, table tennis, BBQ - we had the pool heated just in case and this proved to be worth-while - we had difficulty getting the grandchildren out of the pool! The villa was immaculately clean and the grounds well tended. The owner, Wayne, was extremely helpful and is prepared to go to any lengths to ensure that you really enjoy your holiday. The management team were excellent. They were attentive without being intrusive and their local knowledge was invaluable to us with advice on restaurants, bars, super markets, shows, etc. They even arranged and took us to hire a car in the area. I don't think the photos of the villa really do it justice - it is just wonderful. An added bonus is that it is situated in a wonderful unspoilt area - as I have read somewhere it is an undiscovered gem.

Liked best: Everything was excellent
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Large groups
People with pets
Aug 13, 2013
I am thrilled we were able to offer you the right place for you to celebrate. I have to agree, having had many celebrations there myself, it does lend itself to parties and large groups, and at the same time being homely enough for when there is just the two of us.
I am pleased you made use of all the facilities, and fully understand you not wanting to leave. It is also comforting to know that when I am not there, the property and its guests are in good hands. Thank you for your very kind comments, I sincerely hope you will be able to return one day.

Lisa M
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
“Total relaxation in luxurious villa near golf courses”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

I have attended this villa three times now. The first couple of times was with a group of friends and family who hire this for the week. There is something for everyone including massive kitchen for great dinner parties. Large bbq area - sky tv - tennis court- wifi and not to mention magnificient size swimming pool.

The last time we went in May was for a wedding. The venue was laid out magnificiently and made an ideal setting to host a wedding.

The owner of this villa will try and accommodate your every needs and is an expert on golf courses which are very local.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Aug 13, 2013
It is always a pleasure to welcome you back to my home. I have many fond memories of joining in with you for some wonderful evenings, long may they continue. Thank you very much for your comments.

Dawn O
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great villa..magnificent outside area.....would definitely return!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

We loved our stay at villa Finca Lucia, the outside space made it amazing............barbecues a plenty with tennis, table tennis and swimming in the gorgeous pool mixed in! The villa is spotlessly clean which is really important to us. The Management company and Wayne, the owner, were extremely helpful providing lots of useful local information.
There were 12 of us ranging from 14 to 73 and we all had a fab time, the villa is so spacious, we would love to return. Thank you so much for a fantastic week.
The Owens Family (Northumberland and Hertfordshire) May 2013.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: So spacious ..... Pool....tennis....BBQ....views...etc!!
Liked least: A little remote
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Aug 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your very kind review. It was a pleasure to meet you all, and I know you enjoyed the barbeque area in particular next to the pool, such a lovely way to relax and enjoy your holiday.

I sincerely hope we meet again, next time I will have my clubs out for a round of golf as well!

Wayne
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing