Lowest prices for your stay
Trip.com
$81
Prestigia.com$151
Hurb
StayForLong
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 12, 2018

If you've ever stayed in 5 star you'll soon find out that this resort is anything but a 5 star resort, it's an ok 3 star. The rooms are ok but old and a bit moisty and I was in a decent room aparently. The food was very good and the service was friendly but most of the staff couldn't speak english at all. I don't recommend it for the price.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank MAKta
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

After nearly a month away from home staying in cheaper accomodation this place in low season was pure bliss! I stayed in the standard room and it was beautiful and comfy bed for Asia.
The pool here is massive and I really enjoyed swimming in the evening and we had whole pool area to ourselves as resort very quite.
Breakfast at this time of year is off a menu and very plentiful and no running out of food like others have said.
Also great to have English channels on tv and the staff were very friendly. I was just sad we were only there one night.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank owlesey
Reviewed April 14, 2018

Paid for it dearly over the peak period and expectations was set too high. That is my way to put it in a few words. I never had to queue for breakfast, but I had to do so here. My hungry kid did not help to the situation at all. It was overcrowded during breakfast and they were understaffed. It was like an army came back from war and wiped the food clean during some moments, no food and waited forever to be refilled, and some was never. So, if you are ever here during a tourist storm, come sit at the table 6 am and be the first to eat and enjoy the full spectrum of food without the ordeal I went through. It was winter I was there, one of the highlights of the hotel is the heated outdoor jacuzzi by the main pool. Well, it was not working. So, somehow, justice not for the peak charges I paid.

That aside, this hotel can really be awesome, come during low season when the price is very right. Sibsan is on the far side of the northern world, in between elephant camps. The road beside the hotel leads into elephant country. And in there, a vast area with many inhabitants that are off the electricity grid. I had a rental car, and ventured in. Rural straw huts selling produce and serving as restaurants, immense elephant camps, villages, a very scenic valley, an attractive café, the road leads to Pai. After dark was really dark.

Those without a car, there will be some activities in and surrounding the resort they can indulge in. In the morning, ox carts, the sound of gentle lashing whips. A torrent of theses passed by the entrance hauling tourist to explore the region. And in between the rumbles now and then, the dust settled revealing postcard scenes of elephants on their slow pace with tourist high up their backs. You don’t get to see things like these very often in Thailand on public roads. Within the resort a good enormous compound itself. You can get the buggy to ferry you around. But walked much I did and explored, found a charming café situated next to a river. Sipped coffee, listened to water. The red bridge adjacent stretches across to the other side. The kid, a playground nearby I let her loose. A short family trip it was, just 2 cold nights. The alluring cool of December made everything pleasant fortunately.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

We chose this hotel because is was near Nature Elephant Reserve. We stayed here for 4 days and used it as a base for other day trips. The grounds are lovely, staff attentive and friendly. The bungalows are very nice though maybe not ultra luxurious. There is a huge beautiful swimming pool. I was concerned that it didn’t seem very clean, but i swam laps everyday and suffered no ill effects. We had several massages in the spa and were pleased. The Thai food in the restaurant was very good - but maybe the western breakfast selection could be nicer (just little things like better jams, yogurts etc). I liked the small eco-friendly gestures: toiletry dispensers in the bungalows and a water cooler in the gym for water bottle refills, plus restaurant would refill our bottles. I was sad about the horrible elephant riding park next door -we saw them use a bull hooks on rides, elephant painting and soccer. So research your elephant experience carefully before you go.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank MaryP137
Reviewed January 12, 2018

Situated in a remote location which is quiet and where air is fresh; good for relaxation. And with the remoteness, it also comes with its downside of not being convenient to food choices.

Room is spacious and clean, but the bathtub takes a long time to fill - close to an hour if you're not using the shower head. They make your bed twice a day - once in the day (when you're out for breakfast), and the other in the evening (where they also lower the curtain blinds for privacy).

Explore past the bridge where the café is and you'll discover that there're back roads to the adjacent elephant camp. There's also a local vegetable patch.

To get there, it's cheaper to get on a cab and travel to the resort than to request for airport pickup which Sibsan quotes 1500 baht for. A cab would generally cost about 800 baht.

Date of stay: January 2018