“Exсlusive”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Khok Kloi
Khabarovsk, Russia
“Exсlusive”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I'm really impressed. Probably because I'd expected to see crowded and messy beaches overloaded with hotels. But what I found surprised and pleased me. A small cozy hotel with a modern design that makes it all look simple and chic at the same time. Both rooms I've stayed in were splendid - one was a loft facing the see and the sunset (sooo romantic!) , the other one, a strand suite, had the same view but a different but also very chic lay out.
The beach. The beach is stunning. The best beach I've ever visited. Very long (about 20 km), very deserted, very clean, ideal for long walks, during which you'll find just two more tiny hotels, some private villas and trees. Needless to say that with nobody to pollute the see is perfect and the water's crystal clear; by the way there are no waves (or small ones).
The staff. Very friendly, very efficient, very tactful - for a hotel run by a French CEO it's natural, isn't it?
The food. One beach bar, two restaurants - one is Thai food with a touch of fusion - very nice, the other one is of high cuisine with a small but exquisite menu. It's German chef, Alexander, experiments with molecular cooking and presents new flavors and tastes which are very appreciated. There's also a French chef who supervises all three; thus you can be sure the service and the food are flawless.
I really wanted to keep this hotel for myself, I mean I didn't want to say anything too nice to my travel agent or you. But this would be too selfish, wouldn't it? I I've traveled all over the South Asia, and believe me, "Aleenta" is the best getaway I managed to discover.

2 Thank SmallUniverse
DOSM_AHMS, Resident Manager at Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear SmallUniverse,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at Aleenta.

It was our pleasure to have welcome you and we are very happy that you had a great stay. Your compliments towards our staff are very much appreciated and will be shared with everyone.

We all wish you a wonderful time back home and hope to welcome you once again to Aleenta.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Our family of 5 stayed at aleenta for a week over spring break. We rented the 3 bedroom beachside villa which had plenty of space for us. From the moment we were picked up at the airport in the hotel van to the minute we left, we were catered to. Every single person we encountered was friendly and helpful. The location is beautiful and secluded. The beach is sugar sand and no rocks or even shells to mess with. The surf was gentle while we were there. However, if you plan to visit anyplace in Phuket proper, be prepared for a drive. It's about 45 min to Patong beach, for example. The rooms were beautiful. Our villa was in need of some touching up outside. For instance, the outside doors needed painting, the pool deck was a bit warped, and the pool furniture was a bit tired. There were contractors around one day taking measurements so it looks like a facelift is in the works. But I wouldn't let these minor cosmetic flaws keep me from staying again. The staff and location were paradise.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear M2Jacks,

Thank you very much for this great review!

We are pleased to read that we met your expectations by having an enjoyable and pleasant time with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Aleenta in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We recently returned to Aleenta for a long weekend and stayed in a 1-bedroom residence. Highly recommended. Last time we stayed in the pool villa which was really nice, but we preferred the room this time around. We chose a nice room at the end of the row -- the adjacent property isn't that nice, but it didn't bother us. We liked being in possibly the quietest spot on the property. The beach is lovely and not very crowded. Breakfast, which is included, is an impressive spread, which we enjoyed in our room daily. We preferred our room service meals, but it is nice to have the option of the eating at the hotels two restaurants if you want to get out. Really easy to get to from Phuket airport. We'll definitely be back.

Two things I'd note to management -- the windows in the room were not very clean. Maybe they are difficult to maintain, but I think the room would be much nicer if it would be possible to keep clean. Also, as some other guests have suggested would be nice to have dvds to borrow.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom residence
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
DOSM_AHMS, Resident Manager at Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear rajionthereddot,

Thank you very much for your magnificent review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us again. We well noted your comments which we passed to our team.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to Aleenta Phuket in a near future.

almeria
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Although most sites recommend the lofts, we opted for a beachside villa and were delighted with it.
Right on the sand , fantastic views of an unspoilt paradise.
Surely there are few places left like this , hope it continues.
Food in General was good , breakfast a real treat, although if you stay more than 5 days , you might run out of options as there is little action nearby.
We cycled each day( free ) and saw the friendly local community at work and play.
Housekeeping was not as good as it might be, grubby finger marks, smeared windows etc.
Nothing could take away an amazing experience , made better by lovely staff.

Room Tip: Spoil yourself with a beachside villa
1 Thank pemzadit
DOSM_AHMS, Resident Manager at Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear pemzadit,

Thank you very much for taking some of your valuable time for writing this special review.

We are really happy to read that you fully enjoyed your time here at Aleenta Phuket and your comments regarding housekeeping were communicated to the team for immediate action.

We are all hoping to welcome you back to Aleenta Phuket in the near future for another amazing stay!

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband and I had the most relaxing and comfortable stay. We loved the exclusivity of the resort, our beachfront suite which was spacious, and the bathroom which was so awesome!!! Staff were friendly and courteous. Food was great. Perfect vacation, such a bliss! We will definitely coming back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Leelou627,

Thank you very much for sharing your amazing and relaxing experience here at Aleenta Phuket.

Indeed it was a pleasure to have you staying with us and I can assure you that we passed your comments to our team.

It was a privilege to serve you and we are looking forward to your next stay with us at Aleenta Phuket.

The Hague
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Definitely the greatest hotel accommodation I have ever stayed in. We got upgraded to a 200 sqm apartment with huge private pool and every thing double or triple, just for the two of us. Everything beautifully furnished, classy and sparse. the way I like. We stayed a week.

The beach is a lonely dream, the whole complex is small scale, intimate, beautiful.
We arranged a day trip through the hotel and hired a car for a couple of days. Totally worry free, no hassle, just perfect. We may have paid a bit more by not searching for the best deal in town, but I did not come on holiday to investigate and save a few pennies. I appreciate the service.
The hotel is very remote, after a few days, you may need a car to go around although there s not too much in Phuket if you want to avoid the big crowds.

Staff and management were very friendly and accommodating.

The food is special, a European chef creates surprising dishes. It s definitely haute cuisine. The trouble is that most staff are unable to explain in any way what the dish is actually going to be. The menu lists a few ingredients but stays cryptic about what you just ordered. After a few days, we just wanted something more basic.
The breakfast, however, is perfect.

Previously mentioned (in tripadvisor reviews) construction works seems to go on at very small scale. We did not hear or notice anything at all.

Special mention (as not common in Europe): Internet wifi is fast, available everywhere, free, quite easy to access and accepts any number of devices. For me this is one of the most important issues.

If I come back to Phuket, I ll definitely go to Aleenta again!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
DOSM_AHMS, Resident Manager at Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear AndraxTheHague,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful feedback for fellow travelers!

We are already excited to hear that you are thinking of Aleenta Phuket-Phang Nga for your next visit in Thailand. Your gracious comments about our service and the team motivates us to consistently exceed guest's expectations.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Aleenta soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed at the Aleenta with my boyfriend for a weekend getaway in late February. We were both extremely impressed by the hotel's design and location. The hotel is located in a secluded area away from the crowded, "touristy" part of Phuket- so if you're looking for nightlife/shopping/restaurants, this is not the place to stay. The Aleenta is a very relaxing, zen and romantic type of place great for couples.

Rooms:

We stayed in Pool Villa, which was absolutely gorgeous. These villas do not have views of ocean, but do have absolute privacy. The size of the pool is perfect and the room also has an outdoor bathtub and shower. The amenities in the room are excellent. The bed is comfortable, and the turn down service is nicely done (relaxing music is played along with aroma therapy candles). It's a very cute touch that they leave both robes/slippers as well as cotton pajamas for the guests to use during their stay. There is also a very handy beach bag with towels tucked in perfect for any day trips or use by the pool/beach.

Pool/Beach

The hotel pool is BEAUTIFUL. Ultra modern infinite pool facing the ocean with cabanas in the water that are extremely comfortable to lounge on. At night the pool is lit up in the coolest way, which makes it look like a starry night. We never had an issue getting a cabana at the pool- they were usually all vacant.

The beach is also amazing! It's hard to decide whether you want to lay by the pool or the beach because both are so beautiful. There are really nice beach chairs set up along the pure white sand of Aleenta's private beach. They have a combination of "bean bag" type loungers that are low on the ground and also really comfortable, cushioned lounge chairs with umbrellas. My favorite feature was the call button attached on each table that allowed you to get service from the beach bar/restaurant without having to leave your chair. The water was absolutely perfect. Clear blue, calm. and perfect sand. We had the best time hanging out in the water.

There are two main restaurants in the resort. One is the beach cafe called the Edge, which turns into a fine dining european style restaurant at night. The other is a thai restaurant which is where breakfast is served in the morning. I must say that the food throughout the entire resort is EXCELLENT. There is serious thought put into the selection of the ingredients and the presentation of the food. Even a hamburger at the beach cafe was presented in a very impressive way. The breakfast is beautiful! Each table is first served an appetizer tray which is enough food by itself. Then you can pick two items off the a la carte menu. Everything is great. For dinner, we tried both the Edge restaurant, as well as the thai. Both were very delicious!!! The menu at the Edge is a bit difficult to understand because the ingredients are very interesting and you read combinations of things you wouldn't think would taste good...but trust me, it'll surprise you in a good way!

This is the only thing I cant give 5 stars for. Although the service was good, I have to say that there is definitely room for improvement. First and foremost, it was very difficult for us to understand several of the restaurant servers when they spoke English. The staff is great, but english skills can definitely be improved. Furthermore, we went to the concierge to plan a day trip out to Phang gna Bay, and didn't really find the concierge to be too knowledgeable of the different tour packages. Although they had a book full of different tours, they didn't provide us detailed information on which ones were the best and the differences between each. This was a bit annoying because my boyfriend and I had no idea which one to go with, and we wanted to get our money's worth. Nonetheless, they ended up arranging a private tour for us, which was nice just to see the views, but we had no guide to give us information about anything we were seeing. Although this is only a minor complaint, I think Aleenta could improve on this front.

Overall, OUTSTANDING hotel, facilities, amenities, and beach. Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Pool Villas are ultra modern, clean, quiet, and private. The pool size is perfect and the outdoor ba...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Negeenp
Dear Negeenp,

Thank you very much for posting this very positive review about your recent vacation with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our luxury pool villa as well as the beach and restaurants.

We do provide every week some English classes to our team members to improve and facilitate the communication with our very valuable guests. I also apologies that our service provides in our restaurants did not exceed your expectations. Your comment are well noted and were passed to our Food & Beverage Director. We will organize more training to ensure that we are always delivery excellent and consistent service to our customer.

Lastly, I would like to thank you for recommending our resort to other travelers. We are already looking forward to welcoming you back to Aleenta during your next trip in Thailand.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Khok Kloi
Natai Beach Resort & Spa, Phang-nga
The Slate
The Slate
#3 of 9 in Nai Yang

Been to Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!