Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Akyra Beach Club Phuket(Takua Thung District)
Villa Sundara(Khok Kloi)
  • Pool
1,011 results
All reviewsocean view loftprivate poolaleenta phuketbeach frontpool residenceour honeymoonbeachfront villaliving roomphang ngathai restaurantoutdoor showerbedtime storycooking classandaman searented a carlittle touchespatong beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is a great hotel, but it could be even better. The service is very good, but there were several times I had to ask for things more than once (i.e., for my private sunning area to be set up, for ice to be delivered, etc.). I know, these are not big problems in the larger scheme of things, but when you are at a resort like the Aleenta, everything should be perfect (and it almost is).

Room Tip: The beachfront loft I stayed in was extraordinary.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Patrick W
DOSM_AHMS, Operation Service Manager at Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Dear Patrick W,

Greetings from Aleenta Phuket Phang Nga Resort & Spa!

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologize that the timing for your private sunning area to be set up, and for the ice to be delivered were not prepared as quickly as you were expecting. We have passed along your feedback to the necessary departments to improve the timing, and we thank you for bringing it to our attention.

We are content to hear that the beachfront loft you stayed in was ‘extraordinary,’ and we assume that the rest of your stay was as well. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed at Aleenta for 3 nights at one of their Pool residences. THe moment I entered the facility .. I was way to impressed. But the euphoria was short lived. The room allocated, thought one of the priciest and says "Sea views" had barely any view. That was a pity.

On much negotiations we were shifted to a better location room next day. Apart from this inconvenience ...we loved everything abt this place.

About the Room:
Spacious... I am in real sense. Give an panaroma view with glass walls around. Simple but beautifully decorated.
For a family of 3 a 200sqmt was way too big.

Food was awesome. Could be customized and comes with an aesthetics. Even though we had a car, we preferred to dine at Aleenta's various restaurants.

Beach was reasonable. Beach is around 2km long and almost no one around ... but anything more than 100m from the resort is dirty and smelly.

Room Tip: Try to get the middle rows to get a better view. Beachfront villa are a very good option.. though they share a pool .. but beach is at arms length.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
DOSM_AHMS, Operation Service Manager at Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback NeerajB!

We at Aleenta Phuket Phang Nga Resort & Spa are delighted to hear that you and your party loved everything about the resort.

We do apologize that the initial sea view was not what you were expecting, but we are glad that our staff were able to assist you by allocating a room that met your expectations.

We are content that you enjoyed the accommodation and the ‘awesome’ food. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We've just returned home from five glorious days of basking in the oasis of calm that is Aleenta. My wife and I had intended this return visit as a getaway to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. While this reservation was made directly with them, we experienced some hiccups in communicating with the reservation staff. We were arranging our flights at the same time and it was frustrating that the reservation could not be confirmed as timely as we'd expected from a luxury resort. It took some phone calls,a string of reminder e-mails and a change of reservation staff in attendance before Khun Chitchanai stepped in to assure us that a reservation had indeed been made in accordance to my requirements.

However, all was forgiven, well mostly, when we checked in. Hem from the Front Desk extended us a very warm welcome. He'd remembered us from our stay earlier in August this year and made us feel appreciated as return guests. We had booked a Beachfront suite and it was just what we needed- steps away from the beach, with a pool yet affording enough privacy between the suites to remain exclusive. My wife was tickled pink when the nice lady from the suite next door asked if we were celebrating our honeymoon. We even had scattered rose petals and towel-shaped "swans" on the bed when we first checked-in. We were also offered a complimentary milk bath which we did not use. It was a really nice gesture but it would have been great if the resort had accurately identified the event as an anniversary instead of a honeymoon.

Fortunately, the rest of our stay was just perfect. Our housekeeper, Ha, was impeccable in his duties even with the evening's turndown service. He's a quiet fellow who did not converse much but always with a ready smile and was extremely attentive. I was particularly impressed with his ability to anticipate our needs even when we did not voice them.
He carefully laid out beach towels without being asked, while we dipped in the pool. On another occasion, while he was cleaning the room, my wife casually mentioned to me that there seemed to be a pungent odour around the shower area. We were pleasantly surprised upon our return later, that Ha had used essential oils with the aromatherapy burner to mask the smell that originated from the palm tree at the shower area. He might have gone the extra mile too because the odour was gone for good the following day.

In another life, my wife and I had worked in the hospitality industry so we value good service when we see it. While Aleenta is a beautiful property, the simple reason we intend to return again is because we were bowled over by the great service we received from Hem and Ha.
Also, kudos to Wipada from the restaurant. This charming young lady had also recognised us from our previous stay and was most helpful in providing suggestions on where we could find good food off the premises. In my opinion, these members of staff personify the highest standards of genuine and warm Thai hospitality that we appreciate and certainly look forward to experiencing again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
DOSM_AHMS, Operation Service Manager at Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

To Eng_Jk,

Congratulations on your 10 year wedding anniversary!

Thank you so much for such a great review and for choosing to stay with us again during such a special time.

We do apologize for the lapse in communication during the reservation stage and we are glad to hear that it was resolved. We do offer milk baths, rose petals, and towel-shaped swans upon check-in for guests during their honeymoon and during their anniversary.

Thank you again for the positive detailed review about the ‘attentive and always smiling’ staff, it will be passed on to the team. All the best from Aleenta Phuket Phang Nga Resort & Spa, and we truly look forward to continually providing exceptional hospitality service during your next visit with us.

Please contact me directly should you need assistance prior to your next visit: ops2.aph@aleenta.com

Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Aleenta in November for our honeymoon and we were very sad to leave this amazing place! Yes, there was some construction going on at the hotel (quite a lot actually) but it didn't bother us at all and the hotel seemed to have made sure that guests were put in rooms far away from the noise. As for us, we got an upgrade to the Pool Residence (room 410) which was breathtaking! We have stayed in private villas before but this one was really nice and enormous! Great little terraces and balconies to relax (I think I counted 5 outdoor areas in total), all with great views of the Andaman sea. The room had a jacuzzi as well although we didn't try it. The Residence also comes with a small private pool (although don't expect to do laps in there).
The room has an ipod + docking station with nice and relaxing music that helped elevate us even further into a state of bliss! We did not use either the living room or the kitchen as we spent all our time relaxing outdoors.
As mentioned also in some other reviews, there was construction work happening at the hotel. We could hear some faint noise from the beach but it really was blocked out by the noise of the waves rolling in. Also, there was no view at this time from the breakfast restaurant but that is only temporary I guess and didn't bother us. Breakfast itself was good although not spectacular. I guess if you are into huge breakfast buffets then you would need to stay at a 300+ room hotel. Here, to reinforce the small scale of the resort, there is a menu to choose from. The items I tried (Western and Asian) were generally quite tasty but I mostly enjoyed just the cold cuts and jams served on a tower (the kind you see at most high teas). In particular the jams were really great and went well with the selection of breads available. Juices/smoothies were also great!
The personnel at the resort were also very friendly but not overly visible (always there when needed though), allowing guests to really enjoy a great holiday with exactly the right touch of service.
The hotel is quite remote (hence the amazing private beach and sunset in the Andaman sea without the encroachment of mass tourism...please keep it that way!). This I guess is the price to pay for the great beach and serene vibe...We rented a car at the airport on arrival and this worked very well for us as it allowed us to drive easily to Phuket island whenever we wanted to venture to town for a meal.
In conclusion, we had a great start to our honeymoon at Aleenta and we will definitely come back again!

Room Tip: Room 410 is a gigantic room (actually an entire villa) with amazing views and privacy

Dear Starfield 11,

Greetings, and thank you for your extensive positive feedback!

It is great to hear that you relaxed well during your honeymoon and enjoyed your stay in the upgraded room.

In regards to the breakfast, yes, the breakfast is not a typical buffet breakfast but it is an unlimited a la carte style breakfast. This means you have limitless options from the menu, similar to a buffet, but you do not have to get up to get the food. This ensures that the food is served fresh and at its optimal temperature. This method also allows guest’s to continue to sit, mingle and relax while the food is being served.

We are glad to hear that the staff took great care of you and were present when you needed them. We hope that the rest of your honeymoon continued as great as it started, and we are thrilled that we will have the privilege to be able to provide another remarkable hospitality experience to you in the future.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Aleenta may well be an excellent hotel, but it is impossible to tell at the moment because it is a construction site, with drilling etc from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. Unlike some reviewers, we were not warned in advance of the works and, when I complained to Small Luxury Hotels of the World, they said they were unaware of the works. I learned about the works from reading Tripadvisor reviews the week before we left. Had I known about the extent of the construction and the noise pollution, I would have cancelled our reservation.
In fairness to the staff, they upgraded us to a bigger room, and gave us a bottle of wine. However, that does not compensate in any way for the sense of being taken advantage of. The hotel should have been closed for the works, but the owners obviously felt they could still charge paying guests, which is outrageous, given the intrusive construction. To get to the dining room, or to reception, we had to climb across piles of sand and cement.
The reason I feel mean writing this review is that the staff are universally delightful. The resort has many things going for it - some huge rooms, an excellent spa (where I had the best massage of my life), a stunning beach (which is completely isolated and unspoiled). The food is very good, bordering on excellent. The wine list is a bit patchy and quite expensive.
The only thing missing is an owner who cares about guests, and that is a pretty major omission.

2  Thank Bigal57

Dear Bigal57,

Greetings from Aleenta Phuket Phang Nga Resort & Spa!

Thank you for the positive comments. We are pleased to hear that you had one of the best massages of your life at our resort, that you enjoyed the large rooms, and that our staff is ‘universally delightful.’

We do apologize for the inconvenience caused by the construction. We tried to make the construction as unobtrusive as we could providing rooms for guests as far as possible, even if it meant upgrading them a few levels above what was initially booked.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. We would like to see you again and we hope you give us another chance.

Contact me directly should you plan another visit: ops2.aph@aleenta.com