“Outstanding food and service.... My room ok”

Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Khok Kloi
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I went there for a weekend and meet up with my girlfriend who was doing a yoga course and spa treatment so I can only really comment on half of the facilities there. Apparently the yoga course was excellent and the yoga teacher very experienced (and patient...). Spa treatments were also excellent. My girlfriend went on her own and felt very looked after and safe... Although its not a place to meet others if that's your thing - she personally loved the privacy.

What I did notice that the staff were excellent in their approach and very friendly. They all recognized my girlfriend and greeted her on first name terms. They were exceptionally attentive and always very approachable.

What I can say is that the food was fabulous. Better than some more expensive places I've stayed at and the quality of ingredients were always fresh. My girlfriend has the detox menu and wouldnt shut up about how fabulous it was! I honestly couldn't fault it and the dishes were always very well presented. I was very impressed. Room service was also incredibly quick and service was impeccable. Breakfast was lovely and the menu very accommodating with lots of choice. Good for large groups and families.

I stayed in a ocean loft room and it was more than spacious. From the ground floor you could access a shared pool - very cool. The bed was on a mezzanine above. It was all fine but the decor was beginning to show its age with the 'updating' jobs sometimes obvious. It felt more like a place to hang out than a luxury hotel - which it did very well. I like the place and the location is quiet and unspoilt. I'm surprised there weren't more families there as it was a great location to access the beach which was quiet and also unspoilt. Thumbs up.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
DOSM_AHMS, Operation Service Manager at Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Greetings from Aleenta!

Thank you for all your feedback in this extensive review, it is much appreciated.

I am very glad to see that you enjoyed all of our resort facilities including our cuisine, and I am thrilled to learn that your girlfriend enjoyed our wellness package. I will make sure to pass on your praise to the concerned departments. I am also pleased to see that you found our associates to be friendly and attentive.

I certainly hope that we’ll have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us in the future. For any further assistance, please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This resort is all about doing nothing. If nothing sounds ideal to you, Ii can recommend no better place to do than Aleenta resort.

It's a place is perfect to stay with your loved one and enjoy your time together. Its great for couples and families.

Since, the moment I've arrived to the resort I enjoyed my time and felt like never leaving. Everything's beautiful about the resort, the staff, the food, the rooms...etc

I would absolutely come back one day.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Aleenta!

Thank you for sharing your experience of your stay at Aleenta here on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay, including your room, our food, service and facilities. You are right that Aleenta really is really the place to unwind and spend quality time with your loved ones.
Thank you once again for your kind feedback and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon to Aleenta.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We booked 1 bedroom pool residence before we arrived Aleenta, the staff brought us to our residence and we got shocked by the pool size, it is too small! Like a small square shape pool that doesn't look like the pool photo we saw under 1 bedroom pool residence description in Aleenta official website, the pool of 1 bedroom pool residence in Aleenta website is a huge long shape pool, we know how to recognize square and rectangle shape and so we are very unhappy and made complaint of the photo in their official website is totally misleading to the manager, and so the manager got us a pool villa, since other units are occupied, it is considered as a downgrade but he allowed us to have late check out until the next day 6pm, so we accepted it. I can still see the long size pool photo exist under 1 bedroom pool residence in Aleenta official website, perhaps they should remove it to avoid unnecessary mislead.

Nevertheless, the pool villa is one of the best that I have stayed although price is on the high side, the staff will assist on the housekeeping every evening, make sure you enjoyed it even at the night time. They served quality food, tomyam gong, fry rice and omelette that we ordered are delicious, same to the breakfast, there is no buffet style but they serve right after cook so the food is always in good quality. We really enjoyed our private pool villa with an ok size private pool, we use the ipod dock provided to play music in our villa, not sure if we have disturbed others though but we really enjoyed it like our private pool party...Aug might be a rainy season because throughout our stay the rain never stop, we only able to walk the beach on a morning. However, the pool villa is enough to keep us occupy by just enjoy the pool and Jacuzzi day and night, the complimentary massage was really impressive, the best we had among all that we tried in Thailand. Overall, this place definitely a paradise, I'm interested to the ocean view loft, beach front suite and the pool suite hopefully get to stay next time when travel Phuket again!

Room Tip: Go for pool villa if you are 2 person and look for private space, romantic, bigger private pool
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
DOSM_AHMS, Operation Service Manager at Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Greetings from Aleenta!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here on Tripadvisor, much appreciated.

Regarding the pool of the pool residence, I am very sorry that you felt mislead by the photos on the website. Actually the pools that you see in the photos are the ones belonging to the pool residences so I can assure that we‘re not misleading anyone deliberately. However, your comments have been taken into consideration and we will review the photos.

Despite this, I am pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us so much, also despite the rain.

We certainly hope that we’ll have the pleasure to welcome you back to Aleenta for your next visit to Phuket.

Opertion Service Manager

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Wow. Amazing! Awesome.

To encapsulate in one sentence all I would like to write about my Aleenta Resort experience…La Dolce Vita!

We stayed at 2-Bedroom Residence — Wow! Extraordinary!
“A truly luxurious experience, delightful — it was almost magical.”

Beach: Blue waters with relaxed vibes and the sunsets — Amazing! Fun!

Service: Best I've had in 2013 — Outstanding!
Quality from A-Z, well spotted, with passion and smiles.

Food: Breakfast — Beautiful!
Energize! Powerful and delicious.

When I get marry…YES! Aleenta will be my “The One” venue.

Room Tip: Be ready to have a wonderful time!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Greetings from Aleenta!

Thank you for your excellent review here on Tripadvisor, it is much appreciated.
We are delighted to read that you had a great experience at Aleenta and you enjoyed what our facilities had to offer, as well as the service from our team.

We certainly hope that we can have you back when you decide to tie the knot, or any other occasion. Please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly, should you have any queries or need any assistance for future bookings.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Any hotel that I still find enjoyable despite torrential rain has to be doing something right. Plans for a final day sunning before heading back to Blighty crushed, I saw more of the hotel than expected!
I've stayed at the Aleenta in Pranburi before and loved it, and whilst this version is bigger it retains much of the boutique atmosphere and essence of a far smaller hotel. I stayed in the Ocean View Loft and absolutely loved it. Huge (I mean 20ft high!!) windows, private terrace with steps into the infinity pool, seriously stylish room (contemporary chic & laid-back without being nobby) and great staff. Gym was a little basic but I'm splitting hairs and I know a new one is one the way in just a few months time!
Due to weather I ate at the beachfront restaurant and it was a very worthy final meal in Thailand!

• Stayed: July 2013
DOSM_AHMS, General Manager at Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Greetings from Aleenta!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on tripadvisor, it is much appreciated.

I’m very glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us, despite the rainy weather. I’m also glad to see that you’ve enjoyed dining in our restaurant. Your comments have been shared with the team.

You are right that Aleenta and will soon have a new and modern fitness center for our guests to enjoy.
Should you ever wish to visit us again in the future, please don’t hesitate to contact me personally.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Been to Natai beach and Khao Lak so many times. Even I stayed at the other resort nearby, I would go taking a bicycle ride back to come back here for a drink and a snack in a late afternoon. Love the sunset there, and took so many photos of it.

This resort has been subtly changing to cater for the various needs of the tourists. At the recent stay in late June, I noticed a common use swimming pool is under way outside the main entrance. I'd however hope that ourselves do look at how Aleenta was there. On some of the past visits, I brought my family members and friends to this place. I simply told them not to expect the place as those resorts with all-in facilities and restaurants. Just to get a nice place and a nice beach to spend some relaxing moments with your friends. The original design of this resort has already catered for the various clientele. Ocean View Loft is a hip loft suite that I always enjoy staying, especially for a long lap pool to swim. The 3BR beachfront suite is good for families and friends, but if you travel with one or 2, better take the stand alone pool suite on the left wing of the resort, since you may share the pool of the 3BR suite if you travel in a group of 2 for one room. For more privacy, the pool villa in between the pool suite and ocean view loft is a good choice. If you prefer some cosmo style and space, pool residence is the choice, but better go there in a group of 4 for the 2BR pool residence as it is with a bigger pool.

So no matter how the combination of your travel group, try to stay at the resort by not bothering to go to some commercial busy areas like Patong (noticed the resort provide shuttle service to Patong and I feel that it's probably at some common request of the tourists). If you prefer some busy touristic schedule, this is not the place. In fact, I do try those typical all-in touristic resorts sometimes when I feel like something like that (or contrasting my travel by staying at 2 different styles of resorts). However, there are times I would think of Aleenta when I feel like some tranquil moments. These are also what I tried to explain to my acquainted travel agents when they sell packages for Aleenta, in hoping them to explain to their other clients about how Aleenta is.

Most of all, try to read the Aleenta's book of how this place was from Pranburi. The warm sunlight beamed thru' the hair, the moving shadow of the bicycle, the smile of your face, the balmy sea breeze.... all in a secluded place of your stay. A trip to a rewarding life - a simple nature that we may not simply see it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
DOSM_AHMS, General Manager at Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Greetings from Aleenta!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here on tripadvisor, it is much appreciated.

I am really happy to see that you’re still coming back to us after so many visits. Thank you for the fine comments, which will all be shared with the team.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any queries or your next booking with Aleenta.

General Maager

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Visited Aleenta Resort for a wedding and after spending a few nights in Phuket it was a perfect place to rest. The resort, service and the food was outstanding. The staff at Aleenta were wonderful - nothing was too much trouble at all. We had a Beach Suite with our own pool and situated beachfront. The rooms are designed to encourage indoor/outdoor flow which is just perfect for the location. We thoroughly enjoyed the food in both restaurants. I just loved the private beach feeling. If you want to just relax for a week, then grab a few books and stay here. It was situated about a 30 min walk from the local tow.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
DOSM_AHMS, General Manager at Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Greetings from Aleenta,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us, it is much appreciated.

I’m most delighted to see that you had a great time while staying in Aleenta. Your comments about our employees will be shared throughout the team.

You are right about our rooms, that they are designed to create an indoor/outdoor flow, this is our signature concept which we call “Outside, living in”.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Aleenta for your next trip to Thailand, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly, should you require any further assistance.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Khok Kloi
Natai Beach Resort & Spa, Phang-nga
Angsana Laguna Phuket
Angsana Laguna Phuket
#9 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!