We went there to celebrate my wife's birthday.
First the good stuff:
1. Staff is genuinely nice, polite and eager to please. Because the resort is small, they can remember you. One of the manager (Jan) even make his round to talk to guests.
2. The resort is exclusive and even when it is full-house, you would not see more than two couples at any one time in the restaurant s/ beach.
3. No kids.
4. There's only two restaurants in the hotel, and one of which only serves dinner. The latter cost about $2400baths per pax.
5. THE BEACH IS GORGEOUS. White sand, exclusive, nice waves and clean clean water.
6. Spa is good but pricey.
Now, the complaints:
1. Staff lack training. E.g. we requested for toothbrush and they really brought toothbrush without the toothpaste. They brought cake and candle but forgot the matches / lighter. The room service people barged in without knocking while I'm bathing. It doesn't help that the bathroom is right next to the door and DO NOT HAVE ANY DOORS!
2. The hotel is extremely secluded. It's actually not in Phuket island, but on Phang Nga - the southern tip of mainland Thailand. It's 2.5 hours from Patong and 2 hours from Phuket City. There's no other amenities around the hotel - only two restaurants and one souvenir shop.
3. We made our bookings in advance and specifically left instructions to give us a good room (wife's birthday). We were one of the first couple to check in that day, but were given Room 301 (Loft) - right next to a common staircase and beside the lobby. When we asked to change room, they politely told us it was full - but we saw people checking in later and got better rooms. Maybe it's their policy to pre-reserve a room , but it was not a good start to our stay.
Conclusion: The hotel is not worth its price. There's better and cheaper hotels in Phuket. This is definitely not Aleenta Hua Hin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa in Phang Nga is just 20 minutes north of the Phuket International Airport. Located on the sunset side of the Andaman Sea and the pristine Natai Beach,17KM of un spoilt beaches, almost exclusively for the guests of Aleenta are home to important wildlife, not least of all turtles & reef fish. The resort is perfect for families, couples & friends who wish to relax in the tranquil & incredible ocean front location. Linda Meredith, Spa Facialist to the Stars has her first wellness centre outside of the UK, where signature treatments such as VTOX & Facials are a must-try, in the Aruyah Spa complete 10 treatment rooms, and includes paraffin wax pedicures, OPI/ GEL manicures and a range of massage. Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa also has a purpose built & fully licensed Childrens club available all day, and cares for the children of the resort exclusively with a range of exciting & fun activities in their own Club house with paddling pool, away from the main hotel pool to provide extra tranquility for all guests as well as giving a dedicated play &learning place for children. Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa in Phang Nga is passionate about the environment. It was recently awarded the status of Thailand's Best Small Green Resort. Natai Beach has also been awarded 5 Stars for cleanliness of the beach and water quality. Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa offers a beautiful and private setting and is a perfect location for a romantic beach wedding and honeymoon. Aleenta's wedding planner is available to help create your dream celebration. Luxury of space coupled with personalized services and professional staff is the heart of why one chooses Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa in Phang Nga. The concept of "all suites, all private" is delivered in luxury rooms come with plenty of private space. Our luxury resort accommodation range in sizes from 80m for our smallest rooms to 600m for 2 and 3 bedroom beachfront villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aleenta Resort And Spa Phuket Phangnga
- Aleenta Resort & Spa Phuket Phangnga Hotel Phang Nga
- Aleenta Hotel Phuket Phangnga
- Aleenta Resort Phuket Phangnga
- Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa Phang Nga Province, Thailand