“Beautiful hotel right on quiet beach”

Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Khok Kloi
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This beautiful hotel sits right on an almost private beach. Beautiful infinity pool right out our living room door. We had a wonderful couples massage in a room with views of the beach. Both restaurants were excellent but hats off to chef of Third Level restaurant. Staff was very friendly and attentive.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Greetings from Aleenta!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to see that you had a wonderful time with us, I will pass your comment about the food to our culinary team and to our Executive Chef.

We certainly look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Best Regards

There are newer reviews for Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa

Reviewed July 7, 2012

The location of Aleenta is beautiful and quiet, and the staff were very friendly and helpful with our requests. It's a small resort, and the guests were all very calm - and no children! Food was decent though I can't say it's superb; perhaps could improve on this front as there is nowhere else close by to dine at besides on the premises. The rooms were nice and clean, as one would expect from a 5 star resort, however perhaps need a bit of painting here and there. Otherwise very nice! (During our stay they were refurbishing the studio suites, would be nice to revisit!)

However, the resort itself being very pleasurable I should also mention that the sea is rough, the waves crash on shore rapidly, and there are undercurrents so be very careful going in. My friend almost drowned - fortunately a couple of the male guests on the beach were keeping watch and jumped in to drag her out. The staff at the Edge also jumped in but he too had to struggle with the waves. There are no life guards on duty, and they do let you know when it is safe to enter the waters with the color of the flags put out. But knowing that it is so dangerous perhaps guests should be warned upon check-in, and maybe have a life guard on watch. it made us wonder if or how many people had drowned there previously. Just be very cautious when you enter the sea!

Besides the drowning incident, it was a very nice vacation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Greetings form Aleenta!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay on TripAdvisor. We are extremely glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Further to your comment on the sea I can confirm that indeed it can be rough during the monsoon season June to Mid of October depending on the weather condition. We have a flag information system for our guests, when the red flag is up it is not recommended to go in the water. We have no serious accident to report to date but as we take the safety of our guest very seriously, our beach boys undergo water rescue training twice a year, they are not however lifeguard certified. Those rough condition are even during the monsoon quiet seldom.

Thank you once again for your review, we do appreciate your comments, we indeed strive to be as much as we can responsive to the needs of our guests.

We certainly look forward welcoming you back at Aleenta, please visit us during the dryer month to enjoy the turquoise Andaman sea :)

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Excellent resort with very good service, staff is nice and helpful. Will stay here again if I visit Phuket in the future. Appreciate ^_^

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Leung911

Greetings form Aleenta!

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write your impression of our resort on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to see that we exceeded your expectation, it is always a great pleasure to succeed in doing so as this is our daily battle :).

We hope that you will visit Aleenta again in the near future, in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any help.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed at Aleenta for 5 nights.( from 3rd of June - 8th ) well, it was a beautiful experience. they are the friendliest peolpe you can meet in this planet. and the resort itself was excellent. we loved every single moment of our stay there although it was raining everyday. i had best sleep in the room. the bed was unbelieveablely comforatable with the extra king size layout. there were wide range of selections on the pillows and blanket. and the food was great. you can order food to your room with no extra charge or you can go to the restaurants. i dont need to go deep into the review on the food. cuz everyone has different taste. anyway, overall it was one of the best resort i have ever been to. love aleenta with my whole heart.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Greetings form Aleenta!

Wouah thank you for such a glowing review it is very much appreciated. We are delighted to hear that you had a fantastic time with us, I totally agree with you the bed are fantastic and our 400 threads Egyptian cotton linen make them even more comfortable. Your comments will be shared with the team....
As you rightly mentioned food is a matter of taste but we need to remain open to the comments of our guests to ensure that our offer suits the majority of our clientele.
Well we certainly look forward welcoming you back at Aleenta in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

The weather was perfect during my too brief stay at the Aleenta Phuket May 3-May 5, 2012 (3d,2n). Not too hot, not too windy and just one brief 15 minute torrential downpour. I sat in the living room spellbound by the impact of the deluge on my private infinity pool.

The service from check-in to check-out, restaurant, housekeeping and gym instructor was impeccable. I could not ask for a more accommodating, friendly and helpful staff. If one wanted to just relax with nothing on the agenda, this IS the place. It's secluded and quiet.

The elegant open air lobby is on the second level and affords an overview of the resort and the multi-level gardens and pools leading to the private beach and ocean. So very romantic in the evenings with the sparkly white lights along the walkways and on the trees!

I was upgraded to a 2 bedroom pool residence in which a bedroom, the living room/dining area and a game room form a U shape enclosing the private deck and pool. The interior was very spacious, contemporary, sleek and elegant. Round polished stones embedded one section of living room wall. This wall was flanked by plants. Glass doors opened onto the deck from the rooms and all the stationary walls were floor to ceiling glass. So it was really a celebration of having the outside world in your private living space.

There was a oceanview from the deck and all the rooms. It was cloudy the several days I was there, so I was never able to see the sunset, but was able to see the reflection of the luminous yellow moon and the black, very black clouds on the ocean. Really otherworldly......

There are lights in the infinity pool itself as well as overhead lights so that one can read in the evenings while outside on the deck chairs. With the pool lights and the overhead lights turned off, its possible to go skinny dipping and watch the night unfold on the ocean's surface.

When I travel, I generally start early in the morning and don't return to the hotel until after dinner. This is one of the few times I have just stayed at a resort and enjoyed all the amenities offered. The beach was very clean, lounge chairs were plentiful. I saw so few people at the resort that I didn't realize that they were almost full. Really, the only time I saw many guests was at breakfast.

The selection at breakfast was wonderful. In addition to all the usual breakfast fare, there was a wide ranging selection of tropical fruits. Mangosteen, rambutan, lychee, longhan, mango, kiwi, pineapple, banana, oranges, tangerines were all in season and absolutely delicious!! Some of this delicious fruit is delivered complimentary with chocolates on a platter to your room each afternoon.

I had sauteed prawns for dinner that was very Oriental in preparation, very generous in quantity, very delicious in taste. The kitchen does a great job. The prices? On par with most resorts and fine restaurants.

The residence has a complete kitchen, but there are very few utensils or pots and pans provided. There are no condiments. Since I was by myself and only there for two nights, I wasn't interested in cooking lunch or dinner. However, if I had wanted to cook, it would have been difficult.

The resort had hired a gym instructor, Noom, a week prior to my visit. He is a professional Thai kick boxer and he obliging told me about the training and showed me some of the preparation before a match. I was his only guest the afternoon he was working on abdominal exercises, so I had a private lesson. The lesson was great.....I only wished I was there for a week instead of only 3 days so I could follow up on the exercises.

MIscellany:

I am a clean freak and the 2 bedroom pool residence I occupied was immaculate.

I didn't visit the spa.

A public computer is available in a multi-purpose room adjacent to the gym. Since the room is not always occupied, the A/C wasn't on the first time. I discovered the thermostat on my second visit.

I spent much of the time in my pool residence. I was planning on arranging some activities, but in the end I just wanted to enjoy my stay at this wonderful resort.

FABULOUS.......my stay at Aleenta Phuket

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Betty M
DOSM_AHMS, General Manager at Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Greetings form Aleenta!

Thank you for posting a detailed review of your stay on TripAdvisor, it is very much appreciated. We were delighted to see that you really enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments have been shared with the team.
Yes K. Noom our is the latest addition to our team. He is a fully trained Muay Thai, yoga and fitness instructor and he is at our guest disposal for private lesson or complimentary daily activities.
We would be pleased to welcome you back at the resort for a longer stay, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best Regards

Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

This resort is right next to the ocean, hence very peaceful. Best way to spend the evening is to sit in the spa, and look out to the ocean.

The food at the resort is just fair. However, when we did the cooking class, chef pramoon was very good, and the meal was the best we tasted in Thailand. The chef also takes you out to the local markets and introduces you local produce.

• Stayed: November 2011
DOSM_AHMS, General Manager at Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2012

Greetings from Aleenta!

Thank you for posting a review of your stay (November 2011) on TripAdvisor, it is very much appreciated.

Kindly note that our beloved Chef Pramoon has now retired after many years of service but Chef Dong has replaced him very successfully and has been getting fantastic review as well.

Thank you one again for your kind review, We certainly hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at Aleenta in the near future.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

A 5 day 4 night stay in unseasonally bad weather with torrential rain every day and strong crashing waves. The resort itself is a fairly nice, small resort with a modern design. Upkeep has been fairly good although small signs of age are here and there if one is to be picky. We stayed with another family in a 3 bedroom villa with the intention of kids staying in one room and the adults in each of the other rooms. Unfortunately one bedroom was upstairs and with the stairs being fairly steep and no real protection of railings at the side to stop children falling off the side of the stairs into the pond below, we had no choice but to leave the bedroom unused and have the kids (4 year olds) sleep in the living room on extra beds which the hotel graciously provided free.

The kitchen was disappointingly sparse with no cooking oil, blunt knives and only several small pans and a frying pan. However the hotel kitchen provided condiments and even a few herbs free of charge along with bigger pots when we asked for them. Perhaps the kitchen would be better if it was fully stocked to begin with though....I would imagine it is fairly normal for a family staying in the villa to cook meals themselves at some point in their stay!

The villa pool was very nice, as was the garden. The beach was fairly litter free and the sand is quite fine and perfect for making sand castles...even in the rain!

TV channels included a few satellite channels although choice was still limited compared to the 'brand name' hotels. Nickelodeon was the only kids channel which is something essential for families with young children - yes even on a holiday.

The hotel restaurant was ok - not stellar, although the breakfast towers are pretty good. Lunch/dinner prices are slightly on the high side for rural Thailand for average quality....not bad, not but a highlight of the trip. One downside of the restaurant was only having two kids high-chairs. We had two young children in our travelling party alone, and during our stay we shared the resort with another family with kids which meant that one of our sub-one year olds had to be held in our laps for the entire meal - this happened several times throughout our stay. Not ideal. (Message to resort staff - either get more high chairs - one of yours was missing it's seatbelt - or get some of these: www.totseat.com )

Another letdown was that during our entire 5 day stay, our tap water was either light straw coloured or thick brown. Engineers came to look at it on the first day and it improved to the light straw colour but throughout our stay it alternated from being light straw coloured to slightly more cloudy at times. It seemed to clear up by the end of our stay and the staff were baffled as to why. When they came on our second to last day, the water was clear when we showed them. They had not written in the hotel log that we had been having this problem and the staff we spoke to was under the impression that we had just encountered the issue. Obviously they do not log things well enough or do verbal briefings from staff to staff at shift changes. Having said all that, the staff were very polite at all times and very apologetic. We also lost electricity for an hour or so one morning which the engineers had to fix.

All in all though, an enjoyable trip. If you are the kind of person to not let the smaller things bother you and simply have a good time then you will love this place. The staff are nice, the setting is nice, the rooms are comfortable and the prices reasonable for what you get. However if you are bothered about the small details (although I wouldn't call bathing in brown apple juice coloured water a small detail!) then perhaps your money would be better spent on a more brand name hotel. The Movenpick offers villas for less and has good reviews.

One word on the accessibility. This resort is remote compared to the rest. It isn't even on Phuket island itself. However with your own rental car (A must for this place), it is only 20-25 mins or so from the airport. There are a few places to eat nearby which you can ask the hotel to recommend and there is a small Tesco Lotus supermarket at the small town 5-10 mins drive upthe road.

This is a hotel very close to being excellent, let down by small issues here and there. Allenta is trying hard to be a 5 star resort and indeed it's sister resort is part of the Leading Small Hotels of the World. To be 5 star though, its attention to details which is important and unfortunately its that which is lacking here. Would i recommend it to a friend? I would be neutral about it to be honest considering the price we paid.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Greetings from Aleenta!

Thank you for posting a detailed review of your stay with us on TripAdivsor, it is very much appreciated.

As you have mentioned the kitchen of the villa are not stocked with cooking supplies but they are easily available on request. The kitchen of the villas are very rarely used by our guests who tend to prefer our restaurants or the expertise and talent of our private chef.

Thank you for your feedback on the channels choice, indeed most of our customers spend most of their day outside but totally understandable during rainy weather. The channel selection has however nothing to do with the fact that Aleenta is not an international branded hotel but rather a selection based on a clientele survey conducted a few months ago.

I have spoken with our restaurant manager and while we have 4 high chairs in the restaurant it is indeed necessary to buy a couple more to accommodate larger families especially if there are more than one in the resort so thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the brown water. Since your departure we have identified the root cause of the problem and it has been addressed and repaired.

We take every feedback extremely seriously as the voice of our customers is the most important of all. Your input is essential to us in our commitment to offer a better product and offer a better and more consistent service. Everyday is a battle as we strive to always get better, the small details makes the difference between good and great.

So once again thank you very much for your detailed review, it helps us making Aleenta a great vacation experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Khok Kloi
COMO Point Yamu
#1 of 1 in Pa Khlok
Natai Beach Resort & Spa, Phang-nga
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!