“Absolutely tops”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castel del Monte
The Witches Inn - Relais Restaurant
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Absolutely tops”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This small inn is owned by Marco Certa. A 26 yo business man who is absolutely one of the most caring young men I've ever run into. We had no sooner arrived at the inn, than I learned my SO's mother had died. Within moments of Marco learning this news he was on his computer assisting me in making travel arrangements to get Susan back to the States; having assisted enormously in completing travel arrangements, early the next a.m. (for no charge) he drove us to the Rome FCO so she could catch her flight. I simply can't say enough about the caring attention that was devoted to us by Marco. I stayed on for several days after my SO left. A fortiori, the food was great, the room was fantastic, the rates reasonable and we could not have asked for a better stay. I'd give Marco and his small inn a 6 star if they had that rating. It just does not get any better and I've stayed at hotels all over the world. Mike Metcalf

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mike M
MarkXJ220, Direttore generale at The Witches Inn - Relais Restaurant, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear "Mike M"
we are so happy to read your review about our Inn. What we did for your emergency was a big pleasure for us. We hope your trip around Italy was wonderful. Again our condoleces to you and your wife Susan.
Thanks a lot for this review, means a lot for us.

"The Witches Inn" - The Staff

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lyons, Oregon
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I can't say enough about the wonderful experience I had at Locanda delle Streghe. From my initial booking to helping me arrange review of records for the research of my family history Marco went above and beyond being a good host. I particularly enjoyed the conversations we had and the insight he was able to give me about Italian family life and culture that I would not have been able to get staying somewhere that did not have hosts who spoke as fluent English as Marco does. The whole family was very welcoming and Paola even made me lasagna to take as a sharing dish to a family reunion I was attending in Villa Santa Lucia. The hotel itself has a wonderful view of the mountains, is very comfortable, and the rooms are thoughtfully appointed. I ate almost all my meals at the hotel and they were absolutely delicious. I could not get enough of Paola's chickpea soup. If you are spending time in this area of Abruzzo I can't recommend enough La Locanda delle Streghe and its hosts Paola, Marco and Martina Cetra.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mary Ellen S
MarkXJ220, Direttore generale at The Witches Inn - Relais Restaurant, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Mrs. "Mary Ellen S", we are pleased to hear that our support has been of great help. We hope to have you again like our guest in our Inn. Will always welcome.
Again thank you!

The staff of "The Witches Inn"
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I completely echo the sentiments of the other guest comments. This place is AWESOME! I am so grateful I stumbled across this place when researching where to stay for our trip. We have family in the area, and I was wanting to research where to find them. Marco went ABOVE AND BEYOND to help me find my relatives, and our nights at La Locanda were our most treasured of the entire Italy trip. Marco is wonderful; he's professional, helpful, and very kind. He is also VERY knowledgeable about the town's history and the history of the area in general. He was a great guide for us. He was great company during our trip, and I feel like we left with a new friend.
The inn was marvelous. The room was exactly as I'd hoped - charming, comfortable, and warm! Everything was clean, and the bed was very comfortable and cozy. We had an extra single bed in the room for my son, and it was very convenient.
The restaurant - my son's favorite in all of our Italy travels! We loved the lamb, the mozzarella and mushrooms, the wine, the cheese platter, the soups, the croissants, etc. We did not walk away from the table hungry any day.
The village - stunning. It's quiet and mysterious all at once. I enjoyed so much looking at all of the different wooden doorways framed in stone and exploring the different sporti. The views from each side of the village reveal panoramic vistas like you see in postcards. Just a few minutes away is Rocca Calascio. Also nearby are the beautiful ups and downs of the Gran Sasso national park. When we visited in May, it was SNOWING here!
I truly recommend this place to anyone looking for a safe, comfortable, and memorable stay in the Abruzzo area. The beauty of this place is unmeasurable and the town and inn have surely left us with very fond memories. I hope to return as soon as possible!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Red Room, and it was great.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Limes99
Dear "Limes99"
we are very happy to helped you to find your relatives here. We hope you'll enjoy again our village and our Inn.

"The Withces Inn" - The Staff
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, especially the warm, hospitable staff. Loved the view from the Red Room overlooking the mountains. We awoke to the smell of delicious croissants daily and freshly brewed coffee. Castel del Monte is a great central location for exploring Abruzzo and all of its medieval villages. It's centrally located high up in the mountains and close to Campo Imperatore. The hiking is AMAZING !! The breakfast is included but dinner is available which also was delicious. The B&B is rustic and very charming as is this beautiful Village, listed as one of the top 100 most beautiful villages in Italy ! We will definitely be returning to the Locanda and the very gracious Cetra Family. Lastly, English is spoken by Marco who was extremely helpful in making suggestions for our day trips !!

• Stayed September 2011
5 Thank Airborne41
USA
Reviewed October 26, 2011

We had the pleasure of visiting Castel del Monte this year and were lucky enough to find this very charming Bed & Breakfast with its own restaurant operated by the Cetra family. If you want an authentic experience of Village life, this is the place !! Marco, Paola and Martina go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and welcome. The warm smell of fresh baked croissants welcomed us each day and the views from this property are magnificant. Situated high in the mountains, 4,600ft up, Castel del Monte in Abruzzo has a wonderful, rustic beauty all of its own. If you want to escape off the beaten track to really experience la dolce vita, Castel del Monte is it. Moonlit strolls in this medieval charm are amazing ! Within a few miles you have the magnificant Campo Imperatore, the Little Tibet of Italy, Rocco Calascio and many small neighboring Villages. We loved our stay at La Locanda delle Streghe (also known as the Witches Inn). Marco also speaks very good English so you will have no problem making a reservation. We found this delightful B&B charming and it is delightfully decorated in the Witch's theme which is tied to the annual festival The Night of the Witches held August 17th. Highly recommend a stay at this unique, one of a kind B&B.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Red Room, charming !
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
#3 of 10 in Santo Stefano di Sessanio
La Bifora e le Lune
La Bifora e le Lune
#4 of 10 in Santo Stefano di Sessanio

Been to The Witches Inn - Relais Restaurant? Share your experiences!