“Good quality food in lovely village”
Review of The Foresters Arms

The Foresters Arms
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Graffham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Foresters Arms is an old 16C country Freehouse inn with beamed ceiling and large inglenook fireplace set in the small village of Graffham, in the South Downs National park. We serve quality Italian food prepared and cooked to order by our chef Francesco. We also have three cosy letting rooms.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Out for lunch with my mother and chose this place because of the good reviews on Trip advisor - and did not disappoint. The quality of the food was excellent. My mother had a warm crab starter that she had greatly enjoyed and a warm chocolate brownie with fudge sauce that she likewise enjoyed. I had mackerel fillets with a vey creative salsa that included celery and raisins and was both tangy and sweet at the same time. It came with anya potatoes that I had not come across before but were very tasty. The rhubarb crumble was superb. It can be a bit draughty - so choosing right table would be helpful. All round though very positive experience and would echo the previous comments.

1  Thank AndrewDublin

Reviewed December 8, 2012

we visted in november when all the roadworks were affecting graffham the food was excellent but the pub was empty and we dont understand why the people of graffham must get behind this pub before they loose it!

1  Thank majudaem
Reviewed November 23, 2012

The Foresters Arms were offering a dinner, bed and breakfast deal for two people for one night for £100. It sounded a good deal so I booked it for my birthday. It was a Thursday. The price does go up to £125 for a Friday or Saturday incidentally.

The pub is tucked away in the village of Graffham. I use the word "village" loosely as all it contains is the pub, a local grocery store, a village hall and a few houses. It's more of a hamlet perhaps.

We arrived at lunchtime. The pub was very cosy and welcoming. A log fire was crackling away in a fabulous inglenook. We enjoyed a superb lunch consisting of a baguette. It may have been a ciabatta. Quality simple food. They serve a good selection of beers and wine. The Harvey's bitter and the Australian merlot were both excellent.

After lunch, we were shown to our room in the adjoining former stable block. There are three rooms there. Our room was tastefully furnished with TV, tea & coffee (including ground coffee and cafetiere), big double bed and a lovely ensuite.

Our evening meal in the pub was a choice from the a la carte menu. Three courses. The food was superbly presented and cooked. Service was faultless. Again, the crackling fire added to the atmosphere. I didn't want the day to end.

Although the road outside passes by the bedroom window, there was so little traffic along the country lane that a good night's sleep was had.

The breakfast in the morning was far superior to the normal bog standard fry up served in most hotels in the UK. The Foresters seemed to source good local ingredients.

All in all, I found this place to be spot on in all aspects and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone wanting a peaceful break off the beaten track.

The local area is also excellent for walkers.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Found this by accident for Sunday lunch after a walk on the downs. We were delighted with everything -the friendly and professional service, the cosy ambience and most of all the food. There was a set 2-course lunch for £15.00 (3 courses for £19.95) and also a really good choice on the a la carte menu. I had crab on blinis to start with and then delicous roast pork with a great choice of accompaniments and veg.There was a very good wine list at reasonable prices. I would love to stay overnight here some time after a good walk.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had visited this pub several times this year whilst walking on the Downs and enjoyed the atmosphere and good beer. We decided to book a table for lunch with some friends a few weeks ago and were fortunate that the weather was warm enough to be able to sit in the garden. We were made to feel very welcome on arrival and the staff were attentive and helpful. The food came surprisingly quickly and was just as good as I had hoped. We have recommended this pub to our friends and will certainly be back again.

The village is a delight and there are good walks in the area.