Domaine de la Tortiniere
  • Restaurant
$211
$197
HotelQuickly
Hotel balladins Tours Sud(Chambray-Les-Tours)
$70
$35
hotelF1 Tours sud(Chambray-Les-Tours)
$34
$32
hotelF1
Mister Bed Chambray les Tours(Chambray-Les-Tours)
$35
$64
$61
$66
$64
Hotel Ibis Tours Sud(Chambray-Les-Tours)
$74
All reviewsloire valleythe rivermain buildingdining roombeautiful chateaubeautiful roomchateau hotelwonderful experiencethree nightscroissantsstayed here for one nightworth every pennysmall roomheated poolrestaurant stafffrench countrysidestayed longer
Reviewed August 6, 2013

There is so much I could write about this hotel, but I do not believe that I would have anything of new interest to add that hasn't already been stated by other reviewers. Stayed here for two nights on our honeymoon tour of France: was absolutely splendid! The pool is well-maintained and the grounds are stunning. The chateau itself is a beautiful building to behold, and the inside decor is pleasant enough. For me, my lasting memory will be of the service we received: Ritzesque in terms of its attention to detail. The staff were some of the most friendly and helpful I've ever encountered, and the desire to offer brilliant service seemed genuine rather than smug!

We ate at the hotel both nights, and when compared to London prices, value seems very reasonable. €150 should cover two people for four courses of superb food, with a lower-end bottle of wine, and a bottle of water. It seems that when the weather permits, all diners sit outside and enjoy their dinner on the terrace over-looking a beautiful valley, sat by candle light. We were lucky enough to do this both nights...for me, the most special part of our honeymoon!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jon B
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The 5 of us stayed at Domaine De La Toutiniere in June. We occupied 2 beautifully decorated, comfortable rooms. One was # 31 with a gorgeous view, a beautiful deck (table and chairs) and a hilly yard with wild flowers. You could see two chateaus nestled in the distant hiils. The room was spacious, really large with many windows and easy access to the grounds. The children loved to run and play. We drank our wine and ate appetizers on the pool deck chairs, while the children happily swam in the heated pool, with a lovely view of the Chateau and dining room. I can't say enough about the dining room! The ambiance was in keeping with the elegance of the Chateau, the food was delicious, the wines were great and oh, the cheese cart! I have two cheese connoisseurs in my family; they were "in heaven" both with the quality and abundance of the local cheeses and with the personality and knowledge of the server. He made it special. In fact, all the staff were outstanding and made our stay one of the highlights of our trip. As far as the location was concerned: it was a perfect setting and with GPS, we had no difficulty finding it.

Room Tip: It was quiet and peaceful with great beds and with a lot of outdoor activities for the children.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

beautifully nestled in the heart of the Loire Valley... comfortable spaces and accommodating staff.. Very serene and quiet .. Breakfast was pleasant and well balanced. The swimming pool was the perfect "warmth" for me who hates cold water... Our room was furnished with a complimentary small carafe of the local Epine wine... an absolutely fabulous wine!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CDAK-47
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a week touring France and were lucky to have found this hotel. We had a very nice stay as the hotel is a beautiful building on a very nice property. It is outsidean industrial town, so dont expect much there. The building itself was quite nice and the staff quite accomodating, particularly the maitre'd, who was great but unfortunatley he had to do everything in the hotel. My complaints were that the property is hard to find and their directions are miserable, they need some detail. The other gripe is that i booked a turret room , thinking it would be unique. I suspect that their other rooms, like the cottages, would be nicer, but would not have the view. The turret room was a problem because the air conditioning could not cool the sleeping chamber, whch was the actual turret, which made it uncomfortable to sleep. Other than this, our stay was very nice and this was a nice property.

Room Tip: avoid the turret room in summer
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank brian f
Reviewed July 26, 2013

When I think about our staying there I take a long and deep breath. Yes, it`s a castle... similar to the movies we like to watch together.
The staff are gentle and attentive, rooms are confort, clean and filled with rich details.
The restaurant is a amazing experience, high quality food... I will never forget my gastronomic odyssey tasting several cheeses. Uou, it was amazing! #fromage
I can tell you that the time goes by slowly and you will feel alive and full of love.
Kind regards from us.