Anemi Hotel
Coral Apartments(Karavostasis)
Onar Suites(Karavostasis)
Amo Suites(Karavostasis)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssea waterbeautiful hotela la carteluxury hotelswimming poolcycladic islandgreek islandsfood is excellenthotel poolgreat pool areatwo week stayincluded in the room rateday bedlocal feelshort driveview of the bayjunior suite with pool
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My husband and I spent 2 nights here as part of our honeymoon in mid-June. It seemed like we were the only people at the hotel for our first night, but we did see one other couple at breakfast on the second day. Overall, it was amazing to a have a gorgeous resort property essentially to ourselves!

We stayed in a standard premier room, which was more like a suite with a kitchenette, desk and large bedroom area. I was a little disappointed that we weren't upgraded given that there wasn't anyone else at the hotel, but our room was more than adequate and you can't fault a hotel for giving you exactly what you pay for (though it would have been nice to be upgraded!) :)

Breakfast was included in the rate and is made to order. My husband and I were a little greedy and ordered a few different things to try, which they did not bat an eye at. The food was very tasty and the service at breakfast and around the pool all day was impeccable (warm, friendly, bringing you menus, waters and whatever you might need without even asking).

The saltwater pool is gigantic and gorgeous. I think that Folegandros is too beautiful to spend much time at the pool, but if you are so inclined it will not disappoint. We also greatly apprciated that management allowed us to stay in our room until just before our 7:30 pm ferry, allowing us to really enjoy our last day before packing up and showering.

The one downside to this hotel is that it is in the port area, while all restaurants are 2 miles away in Chora. The bus runs from Chora to the port at 9 pm and 11 pm, so it's easy to get stranded in town for a while after dinner. I think the hotel could be greatly improved if they offered an hourly shuttle to/from town - the hubby and I walked home from dinner one night to avoid waiting for the bus, and it was a little longer than I would have liked for a post-dinner stroll. As it stands, I might consider staying in town at the Anemomilos Apartments the next time I visit to avoid the post-dinner walk...but if they resolve the transport situation, I would DEFINITELY choose this hotel again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nycgirl2011
Reviewed June 22, 2011

We stayed here in the middle of June for 3 nights and had a fantastic stay. Right from the pick-up from the port at Karavostasis, the staff were professional, efficient and friendly, with suggestions of what to do during our time there. The breakfast was great - the crepe with yoghurt and honey is highly recommended.

The rooms are well spaced out through well-kept gardens, and we had a decent-sized room with a balcony and a view of the port. The view from the infinity pool is absolutely beautiful for watching ferries pulling into the port. Tennis court however could have been a little better.

What really stood out though for us was the flexibility and commitment to service demonstrated by the staff. Our ferry only left at 7.30 in the evening, and when we asked what time we could check out, were told we could stay until 7 as there was no one using the room after us. I am a frequent traveller, and this was the first time something like this has happened to me. When the time came to return our vehicle in Hora (the main town in Folegandhros), we were told that the rental agency could give us a lift back down. However this was not the case and the bus did not run until it was too late. We called reception to ask how else we may make it down, and were shocked when the driver was called at home and asked to fetch us in his own vehicle 'if we did not mind it'!

We had a fantastic stay and could not thank the staff for their part in making our holiday so memorable.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fael
Reviewed May 7, 2011

The island of Folegandros is the best way to relax midway touristy Santorini and bustling Mykonos (which we did :).

You could easily make your own way to the hotel from the port arriving at ferry (otherwise, you could use a transfer provided by hotel which usually takes 2-3 minutes max :).

The hotel is a new hot property featured in a number of the travelr mazines, and is a very impressive - contemporary rooms, great swimming pool, wonderful food at the patio by the pool with a view to the island.

It's a little bit on expensive side (esp comparing to the "apartments" in the village), but worth every penny! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kostiantyn
Reviewed December 8, 2010

We had a very nice summer vacations at Folegandros. Our children were playing all day at the playground ant at the sea. I recommend to all , especially in families.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Polyvios
Reviewed October 6, 2010

We stayed only 3 nights - wish it was more. Staff very well trained, modern facilities, excellent breakfast, I regret we did not try the restaurant much - we dined outside the hotel mostly -

A top destination in Folegandros and not only. Its not situated in the 'Chora' but who cares, trust me...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple