Lajitas Golf Resort
All reviewsbig bendthirsty goatrio grandehorseback ridingofficers quartersold westlittle priceyghost townrv parkstarlight theaterfajitaslong drivegeneral storean oasisremote locationzip linebucket list
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Everything was perfect EXCEPT that I had upgraded our room so that we would have a view of the property. Our deluxe room didn't even have a chair! Consequently we spent very little time in our room. (I can't recall ever staying in a room without a chair even in the smallest room ever outside Venice.). Other comment. You know how frustrated you are when a hostess seats the two of you at a corner two-top and the restaurant is maybe 1/4th full and will never be full. Well my upgraded room at Lajitas was right next to a similar corner room that had views from two different windows. I never saw another guest in my building the entire time, so they could have easily put us in that preferred room. I looked in the window; it didn't have a chair either! Food was excellent; General Store had great sandwiches; bakery was perfect for breakfast pastry (loved the little lady running the bakery); restaurant very good with manager by the table several times each visit just checking on us. Golf was superb; course in fabulous shape with incredible vistas although (I assume) the pro who checked us in obviously was bent out of shape at his assignment there--definite attitude. All in all we are glad we made the effort to get there--it isn't close to anything!

Room Tip: I wouldn't spend the extra $$ to upgrade to the Officer's Quarters.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JFBHouston
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Wonderful secluded resort on Rio Grande, especially if you love golfing ! A little out of the way, but well worth the drive. Food was excellent and staff very helpful. We had the wedding at the little chapel, holding a maximum of 70, so keep in mind if your having more guests. The reception was help at the party house overlooking Mexico which lent to some awesome views.
Overall highly recommend this place for a destination wedding inside the US (barely) and very affordable.

Room Tip: Request a room at the Calvary Post, by far the best.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

world calss golf course with views like none other we have seen.. wonderful atmosphere lounge and restaurant as well as food and service..enjoyable rooms, confortable beds, large showers..Wonderful staff... pool area first class... everything you need for a romantic week-end.

Room Tip: calvery post, pool area
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The suite was very nice. Low key and low fuss. The restaurant itself had very good food. The live music in the bar was perfect Texas Country. The service in the bar left something to be desired; they were about half full, but every patron seemed to wait an exorbitantly long time for the bartender to stop people watching and start people serving. It was disappointing not to book a massage. None of their therapists were in town, which seemed odd for a resort and SPA not to have a backup for. The stables, however, were wonderful. I highly recommend a ride. Our guide (not the regular one; he was out for an emrg of some sort) was fantastic. Kind and quiet but very funny when you got him talking. Best of all, the horses we saw all looked contented and well cared for. That is not always the case. The woman in the gift store was wonderful. Helpful and funny.

I would give Lajitas a 5 star review if not for the services issues. And I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This resort is so nice! My teen and I had the best time and did canoeing, horseback riding at sunset, BBQ at the big pool, dinners overlooking the course, and just being lazy. It was perfect! They even have a first rate movie theater! Their grounds are breathtaking. We loved the bakery in the mornings! The waitstaff was awesome. The couple running the RV Park was so cool and they had the neatest pet bird that followed them around-my kid loved that! We stayed in the Boardwalk condos. It was amazing! Can't wait to go back. Very well run!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family