“Thanks!”

Lajitas Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lajitas
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The staff at this hotel saved us on Thanksgiving night...we found ourselves stuck with no hotel and exhausted from hiking at big bend- stuck due to horrible conditions at a another local hotel, I might add. Melissa found us an amazing suite (last room availabe) and saved our holiday. She went above and beyond to help us out ....

The room was really beautiful, the views were beyond believable...thanks! We'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Unbelievable! Maverick Ranch RV Park is the cleaniest park for miles. The Community Center is large and has plenty of area for groups. The Bath area is mind blowing, it is just like your restroom at home but with locking doors, there's 4 in the Ladies room and 4 in the Mens Room and kept immaculate. The grounds are kept up and looks like the grounds keepers are very proud of there work and they should be. The Manager is the friendliest, everyone we met at Maverick Ranch RV Park was great. It is in walking distance to Shopping on the Board Walk and there is a Restaurant as well. I have and would recommend Maverick to anyone.

Room Tip: Be sure to do all your grocery shopping before leaving Alpine, there is only one place to pick up su...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed in this hotel during Thanksgiving 2012. Excellent location with beautiful views of the nearby mountains and exciting close to the Mexican border.
Hotel is very charming with the different buildings and the pathways between. The different rooms have different themes. We enjoyed our room that was nicely decorated and with relevant amenities. Cozy place. All employees in the hotel were eager to provide quality service.
The national park Big Bend is not far away with excellent outdoor opportunities.
For our family this was a pleasant stay with one exception. That is the Candelilla Café in the hotel. We hope and believe that our experiences with this café will not be the same for others later.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
John F, General Manager at Lajitas Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for choosing to spend Thanksgiving with us. We are sorry that we fell short in the restaurant but appreciate your input and your positive comments. Our new Food and Beverage Director is already working on staff training and recruiting to ensure that your next culinary experience at Lajitas will exceed expectation. If you will email me details from your visit that would be helpfull. Thank you again. jfinley@lajitasgolfresort.com

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We decide to visit Big Bend National Park on our way back from Colorado to Houston. We stayed at Lajitas three nights in the Officers Quarters. The room was spacious & well equipped. The on property restaurant which is almost the only "game in town" was great & we ended up eating a second night there since we liked it so much. They also have a little place to pick up coffee & muffins in the morning. Their store across the highway is very well outfitted & they made us nice sandwiches for our hikes at the park. The golf course is in excellent shape & lots of fun. A dip in the beautiful pool to cool off was the perfect finish. Great place to stay whether going to the park or not!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Had great experience staying at Lajitas Resort in the Maverick RV Park. Perfect for lots of Big Bend excursions throughout both Big Bend National Park and Big Bend State Park. Activities director very helpful in helping us prioritize activities in time we had and making helpful recommendations. Other staff members exceedingly helpful! RV park super! Clean, nice, spacious, quiet and in a gorgeous setting of desert mountains.

Would never stay anywhere else except Lajitas Resort when visiting Big Bend!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I drove out to West Texas on a research trip for my next book. I had intended only to swing through Lajitas but it was dark by the time I got there and I needed to see the area in the daytime. I'm glad I was delayed elsewhere. I had no reservations but I was treated as though I was a returning, frequent customer. Everyone was very friendly. Food at the Candelilla Restaurant was excellent and reasonably priced, especially for being in the middle of nowhere. My room was clean and comfortable. I slept the night through - a rarity for me on the road. I have already recommended Lajitas to my friends and definitely plan to return..

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Brad A
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We just returned from Lajitas Resort and had a great time!! We rented a two bedroom condo (#509) and it was very nice. Well furnished, clean and close to everything. The restaurant there far exceeded our expectations. The food at all meals was very, very good. The golf course is not to be missed! The views from the course across the Rio Grand into Mexico are breathtaking. We highly recommend going to the Big Bend National park and making the easy hike to Santa Elena Canyon and watching the sunset at Chisos Mountain lodge. And don't miss the Starlight Theater in Terlingua for great food and live music. I've lived in Texas almost all my life and had no idea there was such beauty in southwest Texas!!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank NancyV1

Been to Lajitas Golf Resort? Share your experiences!