Park Hotel
Hotel Nazionale(Desenzano Del Garda)
$173
$147
Hotel Giardinetto(Desenzano Del Garda)
$94
Hotel Berta(Desenzano Del Garda)(Great Value!)
$112
$98
Hotel Europa(Desenzano Del Garda)(Great Value!)
$138
$128
Palace Hotel(Desenzano Del Garda)
$179
$174
Relais Du Lac(Desenzano Del Garda)
$139
$135
  • Pool
Hotel Bonotto(Desenzano Del Garda)(Great Value!)
$115
$112
  • Breakfast included
Villa Rosa Hotel(Desenzano Del Garda)
$319
$310
Estee Hotel(Desenzano Del Garda)
$210
$204
Hotel Aurora(Desenzano Del Garda)
$121
$106
All reviewsrooftop poollake viewhotel dogperfect locationexcellent hotelvery attentive staffthe hotel stafftuesday marketferry portshort strollshower roomfourth floorbottle of proseccowide choiceitalian hotelsbreakfast was excellentpublic areas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 10, 2014

we stayed in the Park Hotel for 7 nights recently,we were on a package with Crystal/Thomson,
the 1st room while nice was a bit small for 2 suitcases,we requested a different room and were given an upgrade to a slightly more spacious room for free,all the staff in the hotel are so helpful,the dining room,the housekeeping and the reception staff,the breakfast was delicious,the views of the lake are stunning,the hotel is in a great location,near the shops,restaurants and the ferry boats,the rooms are modern and tastefully decorated,slippers were provided,there was a turndown service in the evening,the bathroom was lovely with a great shower,we would stay here again if we return to Desenzano.

Room Tip: we had a city view but the rooms at the front with a balcony must be lovely
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank maryhN9380KO
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Nice hotel on the edge of the town, providing great access without the surrounding noise. We found it to be a pleasant change from the usual big brand hotels. Well maintained with friendly service. This is the first time in years that I have had a physical key for a room (to be left behind reception when you leave), quaint! The bedroom itself was a good size and had been recently renovated with a nice modern bathroom (always a concern for us with this type of hotel!).

The hotel pool is on the top floor and the pictures provided are a bit deceptive. This is a very small pool, more for plunging than swimming. It does have a great view over the lake with the mountains in the background.

We enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ken M
Reviewed May 31, 2014

My husband and 7month baby stayed at the Park Hotel at the end of May 2014. We paid extra for the lake view and it was definitely worth it. The room was spacious with plenty of wardrobe space and a great shower (no bath). The bed was firm and amazingly comfortable. The location was amazing you could walk to the small pebbled beaches where the water was freezing (in May) but clean, clear and the fish would come right up to the shore. It is in the centre of Desenzano so all the restaurants, shops, etc are literally outside the hotel or a few minutes stroll. We were never disappointed with the food and the pizzas were absolutely amazing.

There is a small pool area on the roof top with loungers. The pool was freezing cold even in the afternoon but we still went for a dip. The breakfast is delicious but I felt the hot options were basic compared to other 4 star hotels I have stayed at. The options were only scrambled eggs (egg station on Sunday), and bacon. The rest was cold such as cereal, cheese, fruits and cakes. They also served delicious cappacino and there was always a baby seat available.

There is no kettle or iron in the whole hotel. When I needed hot/sterlised water for the baby I had to go to reception who were always happy to fill it with hot water and it did not take long. They only have a chargeable pressing service so if you want ironed clothes bring your own travel iron. All the staff were very helpful and friendly and there was free wi fi if you asked for the codes. We hired a car mainly to travel from Verona airport to Desenzano which was really easy.mYou have to leave the car keys with reception so they can move it if it is blocking other cars or they park it in their underground car park or bring it up when you need it.

My only main negative was when I booked I had requested a cot for the baby. When I arrived they said I had not replied to their e-mail so they did not place a cot in the bedroom. (I had informed them I had not received the e-mail. I can only assume it went in my junk mail. When I left for the trip I thought if they had no cot I would just have baby sleep in the bed). When we said we did want one they were super speedy at getting one in the room within minutes and the mattress was very thick compared to the usual thin types. However it was only at checkout we realised they charged us 20 euros a night for the cot. They knew I had not received their e-mail with the charge detail and did not mention it at check in otherwise I would have opted not to have it. In the end we only had to pay for half the total cot charge even though I felt I should not have because I was not informed of the charges.

Overall I would recommend the hotel because it has a great location, friendly staff and good modern facilities with only a few issues which as long as you are aware of its not a problem. There are no children's activities at the hotel so I can't comment. I accidently pressed the rating 'children's activities' but can't unselect it so please ignore it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Thaps
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Myself and my wife stayed here for 9 nights and have loved every minute of it, a beautiful hotel with a fantastic room. We had a room with a balcony looking directly out to the lake, it had aircon and free wifi, some great little touches with little evening biscuits and a card with the weather forecast for the next day appearing in the room when we got back from dinner. Considering Italians don't really do breakfast, it was great.....loads of choice, great quality and attentive staff. Speaking of the staff they were always friendly and polite and ready and eager to help, they were happy to speak English (it was probably easier for them that having to try and decider my Italian!) Alberto is a fantastic ambassador for the hotel, a lovely guy always willing to help, give advice and information and also just chat about what you have been up to.....whatever he's paid it's not enough. Overall a fantastic hotel, well run, beautifully presented and in a lovely town on a fantastic lake, what's not to like.....enjoy.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night as part of our anniversary trip to Verona, we stayed in an executive sea view room, a lovely spacious room (apart from too firm bed) with a large balcony with views over Garda and beyond to the mountains. We sat out in the balcony with a glass of wine with this fantastic view! We had a bottle of Soave in the downstairs bar/seating area which was very pleasant if a little quiet but we did stay outside of season. We dined at alla Stella not far from the hotel which was fantastic. The hotel is in a great location, and with its own rooftop swimming pool which I am sure is busy in the summer!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple