I researched a lot of hotels in the area and picked this one. I have to say, that this is probably the best hotel in this city, but there were some disappointments.
1) We arrived by car and their above ground lot was full. We were basically on their driveway waiting for someone to come out. I'm surprised with this being a 4 star hotel that there wasn't any bellboy or anyone in the parking area. My wide decided to get out of the car and went to the lobby where she was able to find the people blocking their car. Once they did, we ended going underground. Not exactly knowing where to park, we just took a spot and lugged our luggage up to the lobby.
2) They were very friendly and smiling in the lobby. They checked us in and gave us our key. That's it. Again, we noticed this in Italy a lot. The front desk isn't really informative. You have to ask them specific questions. We were curious as to what the hotel has to offer. So we asked if there was a gym? NO. A Pool? YES. Great! I'm glad I asked or else I would never have known!
3) I forget the room number we were in. I think it' was 102 or 104? It's the room next to the service closet. STAY AWAY. We got woken up at 5am, because all the housekeeping gets their stuff here and they are LOUD and the walls were pretty thin. On top of that, our bathroom window corner had a spider with a cobweb that seemed to have been living there for quite some time.
4) DO NOT LEAVE WINDOWS OPEN. It's very hot, so we decided to leave our bathroom window open. We went out and came back at night. When we got back, our kitchen was FILLED WITH FLIES. It was a like a horror movie. We closed the door and called the front desk and told them what happened. Being a 4 star hotel, we thought this would be handled.
Me: Hi, we have so many flies in the bathroom.
Front Desk: Why did you leave your window open?
Me: It was hot.
Front Desk: You can't leave your window open.
Me: If this is a problem, shouldn't there be a screen on the windows or a sign?
Front Desk: What's a screen?
Me: It's ok, can you help us?
Front Desk: We have bug spray, Come down and get it and spray it.
Me: You want me to go get the bug spray and do it myself?
Front Desk: Yes, it's here when you are ready.
OK, I guess that's how 4 star hotels do it in Italy. If that's the culture, then so be it. Anyway, I went ahead and I took the spray and ended up spraying all those suckers. It worked, only one problem... our whole room smelled like bug spray and we were inhaling it!
We went down and told them that our room is filled with toxic fumes and we wanted to move. Not just because of this, but also because the room was next to the service room and we could hear EVERYTHING! I don't think they were too happy, but they ended up moving us.
5) The location is great. This can't be beat. You are across from the river and very close to all the shopping. This is what made this hotel worth our stay.
Despite all the bad things that happened here, the staff overall was friendly... and I have a feeling the other hotels probably aren't much better when it comes to service. WE did have a wonderful time in Lago Di Garda!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming 4 star hotel located on Garda Lake, in the historical centre of Desenzano, lake front. Equipped with restaurant with menu a la carte, private parking, suite rooms with all comforts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hotel Desenzano Del Garda, Lake Garda, Italy