With two friends, we booked a week at Hotel Europa. It was fantastic.
We arrived to a very warm welcome (in excellent English). Our rooms were overlooking the Lake. The rooms were well appointed, a very good size, plenty of storage space, and good air conditioning (which with temperatures of 30+ each day was needed).
We stayed on half board basis which turned out to be a good decision. At breakfast there was a good selection of fresh rolls, meats, cheeses, cereal, cakes and fruit. Evening meals were chosen at breakfast time - this doesn't suit everyone but for us was fine as we had a good choice and we realised that it meant the ingredients could be fresh. In fact, all the evening meals were first class and would probably have cost double if we had eaten them in the surrounding restaurants. Drinks were very reasonably priced.
Service was with a smile and we felt that the hotel staff treated us as important guests.
The hotel location is excellent being a very easy stroll along the promenade to the lake ferries and the town centre.
If you have flexibility, I'd recommend being at the Hotel on a Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday is market day when the whole of the centre is full of stalls and then on Wednesday another market which goes on until the late evening complete with half a dozen live music performances at various points around the town, all free to stand and listen. We think the Wednesday event in summer only but the Tuesday market all year round.
In summary, a very well run Hotel, offering excellent value for money in a great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Europa hotel is located on the promenade of the beautiful Lake Garda, in front of the Desenzano beach and just a few minutes walk from the central shopping area of Desenzano. Many of the small, charming towns that surround the lake are easily accessible from the hotel by car or boat. The restaurant and most of the guest rooms offer magnificent views of the lake. The hotel has a TV room, bar and a restaurant with air conditioning serving Italian and international cuisine.The hotel's private parking area is free of charge for guests.Free Internet Point ( broadband ADSL ) Free Wi-fi service for ours guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Europa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Europa Hotel Desenzano Del Garda
- Hotel Europa Desenzano Del Garda, Lake Garda, Italy