“Decent food and price, convenient location”

Otium Wine Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Montreal, Canada
“Decent food and price, convenient location”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Had dinner there, at a time when a couple of nearby better rated restaurants (my first choices) were already full. Overall was happy with the place. Had the horsemeat tartare as a starter, followed by the beef tagliata. Simple but good. My wife had the cozze start and mixed fried fish. Also good. Service was not as slow as suggested by other reviewers, but the two waiters could have used a little help.

• Visited June 2013

Tean, United Kingdom
“Good food, not great service”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

After being attracted into this restaurant by its diverse menu and good prices we were disappointed to only be given a pasta menu to start with other menus were available on request from which we ordered. The food was good for the price and the local wine also matched. The service throughout was slow as the waitress was the only member of staff on duty, so she spent most of her time taking other people's orders, if they had just one extra staff member it would have made the experience far better.

Visited June 2013
MIDDLESBROUGH
“Some would have brayed the staff if i had waited longer but I liked my donkey.”
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from eating here and a bit surprised by some of the reviews I've just read.
Low points. The service, a bit slow and disorganised, our side of vegetables didn't arrive they brought salad instead. They seemed to confuse more than one order where we were sitting outside.
High points. The important stuff, the food was excellent my partner and I had starters of scallops, welks and mussels and mains of perch and donkey. The latter 2 orders being something new to us both of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals and the excellent bottle of laguna we washed it down with.
A good evening out which was undermined by the service which again was noticeably under staffed.
As I was always informed in my school reports ...... Could do better

“Did not feel welcome.”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Serviss was provided by owner and worst ever experienced. First welcome words was, that no pizzas availiable. After I ordered something else. Wasn't even finished with it, when he brought me already bil, he was rushing somewhere, never mind possibility to order any desert or cofee! Paying by card wasn't possible, because after one unsuccessfull trial pass my card trough machine, he unpolitely ordered to go to distant minibank and take out the cash... overall horrible experience

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Odious”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Tried this place having seen it recommended in a guide, don't make the same mistake. We were seated at the front (no view here). It was busy so we happily waited for a menu, or a drink. And waited. And waited some more, until we eventually asked for menus, which were tossed at us ungraciously. Still no offer of a drink, but they thoughtfully gave us plenty more time to view the menu. Not much decent that you can't find anywhere else. Duck with foie gras maybe, but hadn't the poor bird suffered enough? We were eventually joined by a blonde waitress, but as we were about to speak she suddenly realised she needed to talk urgently, and at some length, to her colleague. When she kindly returned her attention to us I asked if she had an aperitif menu - she shrugged and said "Aperitif is aperitif". So we left. I can't tell you what the food is like here, but the atmosphere and service are horrid. You can get a decent meal anywhere in Desenzano with better staff, better choice, a better view and a drink.

Visited September 2011