“Worth a visit”
Review of Gattolardo

Gattolardo
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This restaurant is in the centre of Desenzano, a little hidden because it lays in an alley. Very good Italian food (lot of locals come here), friendly personal and not very expensive. We really loved it and are surprised nobody has written about it before on TripAdvisor.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had dinner here on recommendations from hotel. Nice food and wine and seems to get lots of diners which must be a good sign. Had a prawn salad starter with warm prawns ..... have not had before but very nice.and filet steak to follow could not fault. My wife had lamb chops and also could not fault and was lovely flavor

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (970)

Reviewed August 12, 2019 via mobile

I ate here on my last night in Desenzano based on a recommendation from my hotel. When I walked past five minutes before it opened there was already a queue! I was lucky to get a table outside. The seafood pasta was delicious and a good size. The staff were friendly too.

Reviewed August 6, 2019 via mobile

Three couples are visiting Desenzano for the first time, and we lucked upon Gattolardo for dinner our first night. We had read the TA reviews and were excited to try authentic northern Italian good and local wines. We did not have reservations, but the staff welcomed us warmly on a fairly busy Monday night. Although the wine list contains many Italian wines, we went with carafes of the house wines. Both were quite good, especially for the price. The sea bass and flounder dishes were both perfectly cooked and very flavorful. The ravioli tasting was tender and melted in your mouth, while the lasagna (with no tomato sauce in sight) was incredibly good. Finally, service was timely and friendly. In fact, we mentioned to our waiter our tourist plans for the next day, and he gave us advice that turned out to be excellent. Our day today was wonderful due in large part to his advice. My advice is...go a few extra steps up the alleyway and find the hidden gem that is Gattolardo.

Reviewed July 31, 2019 via mobile

The restaurant is in a narrow alley of the town centre, but it is wide inside and you can also eat outside, if you prefer. Simple but tasty food with a good quality/price ratio. It seems that it would be better to book a table, because it is rather crowded.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 31, 2019 via mobile

We had called in one night but was fully booked. Booked online through Quandoo.
I had a pizza which was very good. Other half had a fillet steak with baked potatoes which was also very good. House wine was nice. Also had a tiramsu. Personally was not my favourite as strong flavour of almonds but was OK.
Price was reasonable. Matteo served us. Friendly and helpful.
Would go back. Toilets also very clean which is very important for me!!

Date of visit: July 2019