“excellent restaurant”

Hennessy Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ebene
Reviewed January 26, 2014

i was having dinner at the grain de sel restaurant with my wife ,it was the 19 jan 2014 . on my first impression was the staff waiting team who was very professional, attention to detail in each action the wine was available .finally the best was the food i ordered from the a la carte the famous tomato mozzarella and the main course was roasted chicken breast ,well presented good portion very delicious .the restaurant itself i think is original which had ever see before ,the decoration ,ambiance, value for money,quick service .definitely i recommend this hotel to everybody to see the performance that they have and personally i will return again........

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
JGlannes, Hotel Manager at Hennessy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Catherine m,

We thank you for your recent stay at The Hennessy Park Hotel.
One of our most important tasks is to learn directly from our guests how they enjoyed their visit. We appreciate the time you have taken to write a review on trip Advisor and to share your experience.
It is with great pleasure that we accept the warm appreciation you made for our staff, your special mention about the restaurant. The best reward we could get is your nice comments.

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

The first thing I would like mention is the dynamism of the whole group,be it at the reception or in the restaurant, they give attention to the very detail of everything.special mention to janita and vedita because they are always here tp help.Also the restaurant is very cozy and the menu are simply delicious ,great service and the spa experience was really relaxing and soothing.The cherry on the cake is the Backstage the loungebar.The cocktails are marvellous special mention to fernando.and the atmosphere on fridays are simply great. I strongly recommend Hennessy Park for it really worth it.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I was heading to the southern part of the island following a late departure from Port Louis and heading in the direction of Bel Ombre, I wanted to overnight at a mid-point outside of Port Louis.

Recommendation - better to book this property via a hotel aggregator (i.e. hotels.com or bookings.com) where you will save about US$60 per night.

I recently visited this property and checked in for a 1-night stay on December 28.

Upon arrival I was informed by the night manager that I could obtain a room for MRU 5000 per night plus a MRU 400 access fee for in-room wi-fi service. At this point I informed him that I could get the rate at approximately USD60 less by booking the room with Hotels.com which I also showed the offering from my mobile app.

At this point, I was informed that reservation office was closed, however he could complete the check-in directly and once the day staff had arrive they would be able to update my folio with expending the rate. I guess this was a win-win for both as I was able to get the rate and the hotel would save on the distribution cost (i.e. effectively earing more money from the transaction).

The following morning upon check-out the front desk clerk or the person claiming to be the duty manager (Danielle Fidele) was totally unaware of the exchange between myself and the night manager and in fact totally useless in being able resolve the issue and not even appearing to be willing to resolve the issue.

It is regrettable that in today world there are still hotel properties that believe they can price the direct distribution channel higher than the in-direct channel?

I would suggest that the GM at the Hennessey Park Hotel take a look at what the word-wide hotel chains are doing in this regard (i.e. IHG, Starwood, etc.). Until such time just book via the in-direct channels for this property where you will secure a better deal.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
JGlannes, Hotel Manager at Hennessy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Anthony D,

We thank you for your recent stay at Hennessy Park Hotel.

Kindly note that the rate that is given by online tour operators is different and not applicable at the front desk. If guest wish to get those rates, guest need to follow the proper chanel and book via the internet itself.

However we take good note of this issue and please rest assure that I already took necessary actions to avoid these misinterpretation.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Good service and close to the new business district of Ciber City. Sushi restaurant highly recommended. Chef Luxman and manager Bernadette make a very good team indeed. Recommended. All restaurant and bar staff very attentive too. Let it be known that this is a business hotel and NOT a beach resort so if it is sun sea and sand you want then look elsewhere.

Room Tip: any suites are good value for money for a much bigger room
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear ArifZaman,

We thank you for your recent stay at The Hennessy Park Hotel.
It is with great pleasure that we accept the warm appreciation you made for our staff, your special mention about Sushi Chef Laxuman and Bernadette will surely be shared.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a couple of times already. Rooms are modern and they have good food and beverage choices. It's the only hotel in the Ebene business hub and therefore conveniently located for visits to businesses there. The only thing that I recommend the hotel looking at is the noisy waterfall in the lobby bar as we always go there for client meetings which makes it sometimes difficult to talk.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Tfrogk

We thank you for your recent stay at The Hennessy Park Hotel.
It is always a compliment to know that our clients have enjoy the restaurants, the bar and our food. Our team always do our bests to deliver first class services.

Thank you for your very good review about our staff and services.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed November 8, 2013

The staff were friendly and professional. Several of them saw I needed something at different times and offered to solve it before I asked. Great pizzas in lovely outdoor setting. If you need help with anything it arrives within 3 mins. I hope it is the same when we come back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mark K,

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The best thing about the hotel is the IT chap called Kiran - he saved the day.
Helped me out with my I phone and did it so graciously - thank you Kiran.
On arrival I was asked if I would like help taking my cases to the room - usually taken as a given .
No help with luggage on leaving on leaving hotel - just presented with another bill and told the one from last night was incorrect - presented in such a way that it really was my mistake!!! No apologies.

When told no bathroom I Upgraded to a suite - lovely big room but ghastly outlook
The hotel is in a light industrial area - probably great for business but not for holiday and certainly not for kids. I did voice my concerns with Air Mauritius before I left Australia, having read trip advisor comments, but they were most unhelpful in Perth verging on aggressive.
Food very average and looks like they work on a tight budget.
Staff, except Kiran and trainee Warren, not really interested in helping. Another day another job.

Room Tip: The junior suite was very good size and well proportioned.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Gillyflowerbean,

We thank you for your recent stay at The Hennessy Park Hotel.

It was glad to know that you found Kiran and Warren very helpful and a message of thanks had already been extended to them.

However , we regret to learn that you were not satisfied as the reception team didn’t help you with your luggage and that the room didn’t meet your expectation.

Please rest assured that these points had already been raised out with my respective Head of departments and necessary actions had already been taken.

We sincerely apologize for this as we always make sure that our guests are fully satisfied with our service.

Needful will be done so as to ensure you and all our guests a better service in the future.

Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ebene
Le Suffren Hotel & Marina
#1 of 2 in Terre Rouge
Le Meridien Ile Maurice
Le Meridien Ile Maurice
#5 of 8 in Pointe Aux Piments

Been to Hennessy Park Hotel? Share your experiences!