“Henessy Park Hotel - Mauritius”

Hennessy Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ebene
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Henessy Park Hotel - Mauritius”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Henessy Park Hotel in Ebene, Mauritius is a very good business hotel.
I found the staff to be friendly and the facilities to be very good.
The food in the restaurant was very good and well presented, with a good selection every night.
The one odd thing for me is they had free internet in the lobby area, but you had to pay for it to be able to access it in your room. Nowadays with so much business going on I would have expected free internet in my room as well.
The location is fairly good and easy access to the main road in Mauritius.
However, if you intend on taking a walk down to the beach you will be disappointed. It is at least a 45 minute drive by taxi to be able to see the beach and ocean.

Overall for my 3 day visit the hotel was very good and definitely focuses more on the business traveler.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
JGlannes, Hotel Manager at Hennessy Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear ShaunNic

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us and for choosing Hennessy Park Hotel for your last stay in Mauritius.

I am truly pleased to hear that our Hotel met your expectations and to hear how much you enjoyed our service.
Thank you for your suggestion about the internet options, it is our aim to continuously improve our service and standard thus we will surely take this into consideration.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Best regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed here for almost 2 weeks for a business trip. The service is excellent as the staffs are ever so welcoming and go beyond expectation. It is kind of homely thousand kilometres away from home. This is the first ever hotel abroad that gave me a local souvenir to bring back when I was simply chit chatting and complaining that my work schedule is so hectic that I didnt even managed to get Mauritius souvenir. I have encountered some difficulties (in getting around and getting local simcards) which the front office personnel, Mr Hassan Ibrahim dealt without hesitation.

The room is spacious and the internet connection is fast.The view is spectacular where you can see the famous Rose hill at the background.the place is a little bit isolated but you can always take the shuttle service to port louis. Breakfast is always a heart warming experience, Ms Ansuya.com is always cheerful and boost up your mood in the early morning, always checking if everything is okay for you. Once she asked me if the food is okay, and it was my 8th days of staying and I said whether I can have something else, and she have something special prepared for me. I love her to bits. I will definetely remember this 2 lovely people during my stay in Hennesy Park Mauritius.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Ferbie18
JGlannes, Hotel Manager at Hennessy Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear FarraBorhan1808,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Hennessy Park Hotel. Our goal is to always exceed our guest's expectations and we are glad we reached this within your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Hennessy Park Hotel.

Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here for 7 nights on business. I have removed one star for the fact that I did not feel that my bathroom was clean enough. There had been a leak at some point and this was visible in the woodwork under the sink which was badly stained. The toilet seat needs changing.
As for the rest of my stay - breakfast was good with plenty of fresh options cooked to order, along with a good self service selection. I ate several times in the hotel restaurant after work as you are somewhat isolated, in the middle of a business area with no alternative restaurants nearby apart from a fast food court. Food in the hotel restaurant was hit and miss as I had a great chicken burger and vegetable burger, whilst the chicken and cashew stew had no visible cashews and was full of inedible gristle. The creme brulee is excellent, out of this world tasty!
I also ate several times at lunch through room service. The normal menu is available with a 15% surcharge which for the convenience is so worth it. Service is speedy and faultless.
The rooms are spacious and wonderfully air conditioned. In- room internet is expensive at 2000 MUR for 7 days, but I needed this option as skyping my family in the foyer was not an option for me - besides, the running water in the foyer can be quite loud.
The customer service in this hotel cannot be faulted and is so much better than anything I have ever experienced in Europe. Even when I needed to work in my room during the day, the room was cleaned at my convenience when I left at 4pm. I just rang reception and informed them of my intentions to work in my room.
There is a small shopping area with a supermarket and fast food court within easy walking distance of the hotel although pavements can be difficult to negotiate for those with walking difficulties.
Overall a good place to stay on business and I will be returning to the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JGlannes, Hotel Manager at Hennessy Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Innyperson,

Thank you for choosing Hennessy Park Hotel for your stay in Mauritius and for recommending our hotel. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for your feedback, which is always welcomed in order to make improvements and modifications which would add to guests' comfort and satisfaction. We will of course closely analyse all the points outlined, thank you for taking the time!

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back at Hennessy Park Hotel.

With our very best regards,

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Great place, ideally located in the middle of Ebene business park. Staff is incredibly gentle and helpful. Food proposed in the restaurant is what you'd expect after a long and heavy working day: fresh, light and tasty.
Service is way above average, naturally smily population helps of course but at Hennessy they have something more. They really care. True, the price is not cheap but in line with 4 stars. And not more expensive than an average 2 stars in Paris.
As for staff dedication I can testify: after loosing my wallet on a Sunday in a public taxi of RoseHill nearby village, a 'war room ' action plan got set up. Hotel security head invited me to vision last hour CCTV. After identifying car and plate number, a hotel taxi was made available for me to go and look for the car, cruising the small town. An hour later we located the car in RoseHill and I got my wallet back (had fallen in side pocket if the car).
Clearly without hotel staff exceptional efforts (reception, client service desk, security, taxis) I would not get it back. I am so thankful!
Great place. Great people.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Sasek
Dear Sasek,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post on Tripadvisor this nice feedback about your recent stay at Hennessy Park Hotel.

We were truly delighted to read how much you enjoyed the service of our staff, our cuisine as well as the location of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Nairobi
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Third comfortable transit stop in Mauritius between Perth and Nairobi. Stayed 13 and 14 January 2013 in a double room. Good selection of food for breakfast and dinner. Friendly and helpful staff. Changed US$ to MUR at reception at a reasonable rate. Made use of the pool and gym which are included in the room rate of MUR6,500 (US$213). Ebene Commercial Shopping Centre a few minutes' walk away. Taxi from the centre of Port Louis to the hotel cost MUR500. Still recommended for an enjoyable stay in Mauritius.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JGlannes, Hotel Manager at Hennessy Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Kuzurura,

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the hotel and our staff.

We look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Kind Regards,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 7 nights as was working at the Cybertower across the road. The staff are very helpful and friendly and there are three different restaurants to eat at.

Grain d'Sel: Really good food and very well presented. Would highly recommend the Sea-bream and Risotto dish. However, some nights they do a buffet night and as with all buffets it is not up to the same standard as their usual menu. Much better to try one of the restaurants on these nights. Also this is the where breakfast is served, with freshly made omelets, waffles and pancakes, can't go wrong.

John's Pub: Usual bar food, burgers, fries, etc but with the advantage of having a really nice outdoor area for those warm summer nights.

Sushi Me: I am no expert on Sushi but the Sushi was really tasty and looked amazing. Also for people like me they did a selection menu where they bring you a bit of everything.

The rooms are nice and comfortable, however there are no balconies, this does keep the mosquitoes out of the room though. Decent flat screen TV but if you only speak English you may struggle with the selection of channels, BBC World News was my only option.

Well kitted out gym with plenty of machines and some free weights and there is a small outdoor pool next to the gym with some deck chairs and a small bar area

The only disadvantage is that being in Ebene there is not much around the hotel, so if you have business in Mauritius I would highly recommend this hotel, however, if you are going for a holiday probably best to look on the coast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JGlannes, Hotel Manager at Hennessy Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Steven M,

Quite simply thank you for your review and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you once again at Hennessy Park Hotel.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I recently travelled to Mauritius for business and stayed at the Hennessy as it is just over the road from the office. The hotel is clean and well maintained with excellent restaurants onsite. The location isn't the best as it is based in the business district but there are local buses running all day to get you out to explore. There is also a free shuttle bus that runs up to the Hennessy's sister hotel at Port Louis. The best part of the hotel is the incredibly friendly staff who went out of their way to make you feel welcome, be it helping you with things to do or see or just taking 5 minutes to let me practice my very bad french with them, they are a real credit to the hotel. I'm now looking forward to the next visit out there in 3 months

Room Tip: If you are in the end rooms near the service elevator (101, 201 etc), ensure you hang the do not dis...