“Great for Business”

Hennessy Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ebene
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 7 nights as was working at the Cybertower across the road. The staff are very helpful and friendly and there are three different restaurants to eat at.

Grain d'Sel: Really good food and very well presented. Would highly recommend the Sea-bream and Risotto dish. However, some nights they do a buffet night and as with all buffets it is not up to the same standard as their usual menu. Much better to try one of the restaurants on these nights. Also this is the where breakfast is served, with freshly made omelets, waffles and pancakes, can't go wrong.

John's Pub: Usual bar food, burgers, fries, etc but with the advantage of having a really nice outdoor area for those warm summer nights.

Sushi Me: I am no expert on Sushi but the Sushi was really tasty and looked amazing. Also for people like me they did a selection menu where they bring you a bit of everything.

The rooms are nice and comfortable, however there are no balconies, this does keep the mosquitoes out of the room though. Decent flat screen TV but if you only speak English you may struggle with the selection of channels, BBC World News was my only option.

Well kitted out gym with plenty of machines and some free weights and there is a small outdoor pool next to the gym with some deck chairs and a small bar area

The only disadvantage is that being in Ebene there is not much around the hotel, so if you have business in Mauritius I would highly recommend this hotel, however, if you are going for a holiday probably best to look on the coast.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
JGlannes, Hotel Manager at Hennessy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Steven M,

Quite simply thank you for your review and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you once again at Hennessy Park Hotel.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I recently travelled to Mauritius for business and stayed at the Hennessy as it is just over the road from the office. The hotel is clean and well maintained with excellent restaurants onsite. The location isn't the best as it is based in the business district but there are local buses running all day to get you out to explore. There is also a free shuttle bus that runs up to the Hennessy's sister hotel at Port Louis. The best part of the hotel is the incredibly friendly staff who went out of their way to make you feel welcome, be it helping you with things to do or see or just taking 5 minutes to let me practice my very bad french with them, they are a real credit to the hotel. I'm now looking forward to the next visit out there in 3 months

Room Tip: If you are in the end rooms near the service elevator (101, 201 etc), ensure you hang the do not dis...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear WanderingJ77,

Thank you for your very kind and generous comments - particularly concerning our staff! Your description of their service attitude is simply extraordinary and for which we are deeply proud. Thank you!

With my kindest regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2013

What a great surprise to experience such fabulous food at all 3 of this hotels restaurants. The food at the main restaurant was so good that we asked to meet and congratulate the chef - the Mushroom Tart was honestly so good I had it 3 times!!
Nice big, clean rooms with windows that opened - plus very big comfortable beds, fast wireless internet in room (2000MUR for a week), excellent spa and gym facilities, nice pool - small but adequate.
Lovely staff very helpful - good taxi services provided - ask for Saheb he was very helpful. Free shuttle to Pt Louis I think twice a day.
All in all a great business hotel.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room away from the lifts and that is what we were given.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
JGlannes, Hotel Manager at Hennessy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Mytimenow,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Hennessy Park Hotel.

Our goal is to always exceed our guest's expectations and we are glad we reached this within your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Hennessy Park Hotel.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

The hotel is my first choice when on business in Mauritius. Our office is 'almost' walking distance from the hotel and I must say it is a pleasure being so close. The staff are extremely friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Best part is that they all speak english, together with the local french dialects. The breakfast service manager was especially friendly and always made me feel welcome. By day two, she greeted me by name and knew how I liked my eggs.

I tried each one of the restaurants within the hotel, ranging from sushi, sports bar and a la carte. I had the best ever tandoor burger with popadum chips at the sports bar and particularly like the snacks they bring you when you order drinks. The dessert in the hotel restaurant is decadent to say the least. They also have an impressive wine selection - which includes quite a few South African wines.

The rooms were comfortable and clean. The free public wifi a necessity, especially considering the mobile roaming charges, which is exorbitant if you're traveling from South Africa.

Next time I will definitely explore the hotel and surrounds even more.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
JGlannes, Hotel Manager at Hennessy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear AquilaOnline,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post on Tripadvisor this nice feedback about your recent stay at Hennessy Park Hotel.

We were truly delighted to read how much you enjoyed the services of our staff, our cuisine as well as the location of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Very nice hotel with a good location just five minutes away from the offices. value for money, room very clean and break fast very nice. Sushi restaurant the best one with fresh products. good staff. Very nice hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
JGlannes, Hotel Manager at Hennessy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Smith J,

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the hotel and our staff.

We look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Very good hotel and well organised management. I stayed at hennessy for the very first time and I had a good experience I will definetly return back to this hotel for my next stay in Mauritius. Good restaurant with an excellent level of service, staff well groomed and have a great knowledge of their product, smile was there every corner you are. Am sad that I can't stay till Xmas and new year as they have a great menu at the best price for the guest. I love the ambiance of the spa. Hennessy am bck next month! Cheers

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank soobadar
JGlannes, Hotel Manager at Hennessy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear soobadar,

Thank you so much for choosing Hennessy Park Hotel and for sharing such a rewarding comment on TripAdvisor.

I was truly delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and please know that I shared your kind words with my teams.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed here for business trip and really like this place as it was close to our meetings. There are two nice restaurants with excellent food, especially the Japanese restaurant. The room was nice and clean. Our package included breakfast with a good variety of food and restaurant staff was so nice and take care. We will be there again for next trip.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank freew
JGlannes, Hotel Manager at Hennessy Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear freew,

Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ebene
Le Suffren Hotel & Marina
Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel
Le Meridien Ile Maurice
Le Meridien Ile Maurice
#5 of 8 in Pointe Aux Piments

Been to Hennessy Park Hotel? Share your experiences!