WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Villa Otium

Villa Otium
Ranked #2 of 26 Volterra B&B and Inns
Scotland
“The best B&B I have ever stayed in”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2008

Referring to the comment below the “Worst hotel I've ever stayed in”, contrary to their comments, I think Villa Otium is a wonderful place, quite cheap compared the other B&B in the area. It is situated in an astonishing countryside 5 minutes from Volterra, a city located in the middle of Tuscany. The owners have been really welcoming and friendly with me as with my children. It is true what they say on their website, Villa is “a very friendly relaxing home”. If you stop for dinner you’ll pay an honest price for a delicious and delightful cuisine accompanied by good wine. If you want some company at the bar the owners are always willing to keep you entertained for a few hours, probably offering you something to drink. Everything the B&B offers is what I expect when I got on holiday. Villa Otium is what I call a five stars service.

Have an experience at Villa Otium at all costs!

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Jengis

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2008

Hi!!!
My name is Eleonora and I've been living in Paris for a number of years.
It's a long time since I returned to Italy for a vacation but during the August my boyfriend and I spent some marvelous days at Villa Otium!!!
Villa Otium is situated in a position from which it's possible to see a magnificent sunset while drinking a very nice glass of wine.
Furthermore, the staff are extremely pleasant and the atmosphere of Villa Otium is very friendly.
I also found them very competent with regards to both food and wine and would strongly recommend the restaurant, which is good and reasonably priced!
Additionally I greatly appreciated the sporting possibilities - specifically the opportunity to borrow a bicycle from Villa Otium.
In short, I must say, I spent some splendid days in this mansion and I keenly await my next opportunity to escape from France and return to the quiet tranquility of Villa Otium!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank sticht
England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2008

An unbelievably bad experience. When we complained about the noise from the bar at 2am (the owner had friends round), the owner responded by turning the music up. One of the staff later threw stones at our bedrooom window. At breakfast we were ignored by the staff. Things then went from bad to worse when we went to pay the bill. We said we weren't willing to pay for the night in question, so the staff member walked off. When I asked him what he was doing he said he would deal with us in an "hour or two". Finally the owner came out and accused us of not being polite enough when we complained about the noise the night before.

Avoid at all costs!