Hotel La Locanda
Park Hotel le Fonti(Volterra)(Great Value!)
$107
  • Pool
Villa Porta all'Arco(Volterra)(Great Value!)
$86
$82
Agrihotel Il Palagetto(Volterra)(Great Value!)
$115
San Lino(Volterra)
$121
$85
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Molino D'Era(Villamagna)(Great Value!)
$89
$68
Villa Loghino(Volterra)
$96
$86
Orbitz.com
Hotel Antica Badia(Volterra)(Great Value!)
$95
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgreat locationyour luggagestreet noiseinside the city wallsa rick steves tournearby parkingpay lotthe free parking lotwould stay here againwithin the wallscomfortable hotelroom was spaciousvisit volterraincluded breakfasthighly recommend this hotelhotel is locatedyogurt
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had a very large room for a hotel in Italy. We spent very little time in our room. I barely recall sleeping. Awesome breakfast. I guess we were just lucky. This is a great hill town and probably my favorite of this trip. People were wonderful and it has nice mix of Middle Ages Italy, a Roman Theater, Great Etruscan Museum and Green space around the outer walls. Really relaxing and I was pleased with my choices.

Room Tip: Beds were a bit hard. My hip ached in the morning.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
LocandaVolterra, Receptionist at Hotel La Locanda, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Dear ABHIL,

Thank you for your review! We are glad to read that our Hotel was one of your "good choice" during your trip! We are glad to welcome you once again on your next holiday!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Nice friendly staff with comfortable upscale rooms. Hotel in a good location for city sights. Our room faced the street which is a main street for people coming and going from Volterra. Be prepared for a little traffic noise. Breakfast nice.

Room Tip: Ask to face away from the main street.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lindazw

Dear lindazw,
Thank you for writing on us! We are so sorry that the street noise disturbed you...
We are looking forward to welcome you once again, to reserve you a room on the courtyard!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were expecting a typical room we arrived at La Laconda during a heavy rain storm but were surprised to get a room with a king sized bed and a separate room with bunk beds for our teens. We didnt realze we were getting what most hotels would consider a two bedroom suite when we booked. The bathroom is large and new. It's a nice small hotel inside the walled city. There is parking about 50 yards away. Volterra is a great walled city to spend the night in - not nearly as crowded as some. The hotel staff is super helpful.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Greg G,

Thank you for your review! We always do our best to satisfy all our guests, so we are really glad to read that you liked everything of your staying here!

We hope to see you and your family again!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on a Rick Steves' tour. I had been prepared for single hotel rooms in Italy to be small, but this one was huge as was the bath. I had no problem with the wifi and loved that there were plugs at the bedside for charging my phone. The room was very clean and I loved the view out of my 3rd floor window. Wow! I see in the reviews that others have complained about the breakfast, but I thought the selections were great and the staff in the breakfast room was quick to refill things that were getting low. The location is wonderful. I was concerned when I realized it was on one of the entrance roads to town, but even with the windows open traffic noise was not noticeable. Staff was attentive and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank D0bby
LocandaVolterra, Receptionist at Hotel La Locanda, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Dobby,

Thank you for your review! It means that our work is appreciated, and that's our goal.

We are looking forward to see you very soon! Do not hesitate to contact us, we are open all year long.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Bicycling through Tuscany, pulled in to Hotel La Locanda after a hard day of hills -- the staff were great, the room was more than we hoped for and the location, (inside the old town) was perfect. After two years living in Italy we have stayed in many Italian hotels -- people make the difference between the good and the great. Hotel La Locanda was great. Book it, you will not be sorry.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank US_living_abroad
LocandaVolterra, Receptionist at Hotel La Locanda, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear US_living_abroad,
Thank you for taking us a little bit of your time! All the staff is glad to read that everything was ok during your staying here, and we really appreciate you recommend us to the other "tripadvisors", by calling us "GREAT".

We really hope to meet you again!

Kind Regards.