Following a 3hr delay and mammoth ques at the airport to collect our car we half expected a closed up hotel on our arrival in volterra at 12.30am. The hotel staff new we where arriving a kept the doors open and welcomed us, even though usually they closed up at midnite. The hotels location was 2mins from a secure underground carpark priced at 11euros per 24hrs. The room we had was very spacious and cleaned everyday, new towels etc. a lovely balcony view out over Tuscany, we really couldn't ask for more . Breakfast was a Buffett self service continental style, perfectly adequate but nothing over the top. We only ate in the hotel on the last night but a three course dinner for around 15 euros was good value. Staff helped us with wine coolers in the room, tea and coffee cups in the room also. The limited English speaking staff didn't hinder us it just made us work harder to speak Italian, we loved it. Would I stay hear again ...a big Yes! Would I recommend it? Yes again. Trip advisor helped us choose so I hope my review helped you make the right decision.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Nazionale is situated in an antique palace since 1890. Thanks to our great central position, you can visit wonderful Volterra easily on foot. We offer 38 rooms all of them with private bathroom with all necessary amenities, a telephone and a TV. . Spend an original and pleasant stay in one of our rooms. All the rooms are provided with the free Wi-Fi internet access.A lovely Restaurant can be found inside. Here, you can enjoy great Tuscan cuisine prepared with nothing but the freshest and most genuine ingredients , combined with an excellent wine selection. The restaurant is made up of an ample dining room that can host up to 110 people, making it particularly adaptable for weddings, ceremonies, official work or group dinners.If You're travelling by bike, You can store it inside the Hotel. If You're travelling by bus,We stand 50 meters in front of the main bus stop. If You arrive by motorcycle, You can park in public places outside the building.To reach easly the Hotel by car, follow Viale dei Ponti untill You reach Piazza Martiri della Liberta and enter this adress in Your sat nav system. You can park Your car in the close secure public garage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Booking.com so you can book your Albergo Nazionale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Nazionale Volterra
- Albergo Nazionale Hotel Volterra