“Annie Adair Delivers a Phenomenal Volterra Tour Experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tuscan Tour - Day Tours

Tuscan Tour - Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 4 Tours in Volterra
More attraction details
Owner description: Tuscan Tour is run by Annie Adair and Francesco Gronchi and is based out of Volterra. We offer private guided tours of Volterra, as well as day-tours to Tuscany wineries, in areas ranging from Montalcino to Chianti to Bolgheri and the coast.
Westford, Massachusetts
“Annie Adair Delivers a Phenomenal Volterra Tour Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I just completed a wonderful trip to Rome and Siena. One of the highlights of the entire trip was a private guided tour of the ancient Tuscan town of Volterra. Our guide was Annie Adair (www.tuscantour.com) and Annie was extraordinarily knowledgeable about the history of the town from its pre- Roman days to modern times. Annie was a wonderful guide – she made certain that she understood our expectations from the outset and then provided us an experience that was well above our expectations. Annie provided not just the history of the town but also the human side of Volterra and its amazing residents from antiquity to today. We highly recommend taking the time to visit Volterra, and if you do go, seek out Annie – you will thoroughly enjoy the experience!
Bob L.

Visited June 2013

Peterborough, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Day Tour of Tuscany through Viatour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Excellent tour with Violet, she was very informative and very pleasant. The tour itself was amazing, the scenery was spectacular. We visited the town of Montepolitiano which was amazing then off the visit an Abbey. That was very touching to me. Then off to a vineyard for lunch which was great, the food was wonderful and having lunch among barrels of exquisite wine was a thrill. We were able to purchase wine and olive oil which they harvest there as well and I recommend you do because their products are more expensive in the store and at the airport. We did get a chance to shop at some little stores but I was too busy taking pictures because the view of the rolling hills of Tuscany was breath taking. It was well worth taking, I highly recommend it.

Visited May 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fabulous Chianti Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband and I and another couple had a fabulous day with Francesco touring the Chianti region. Francesco is charming and very informative and showed us the best that Chianti has to offer, including both historic and contemporary wineries and one of the best meals I've ever eaten. I cannot recommend TuscanTour.com highly enough. Michele M

Visited April 2013
Council Bluffs, Iowa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Annie Adair loves Volterra...and we love Annie Adair!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Annie Adair is the ultimate tour guide!!! She LOVES her city of Volterra and it was such fun to spend a day with someone who is so full of enthusiasm and knowledge!!!! She made the city COME ALIVE for us. She is bright, articulate and just plain FUN! I would love to return to Volterra and I would love to spend a few more days with Annie Adair! She's a gem!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Patti B
Stamford, Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Wonderful wedding planner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Annie and Francesco helped us with the logistics of our wedding in Siena. There are a lot of documents and bureaucracy to get through for Americans to get married in Italy ... but Annie took care of everything for us. She made all the necessary appointments at consulates and town halls and filed all the paperwork. The woman working in the U.S. Consulate in Florence told us that our wedding planner was one of the best - super prepared!

Annie also added little, thoughtful details that made everything so memorable. For example, she bought a postcard of Siena and had our guests all write a message to us - we received it in the mail a couple weeks after the wedding (having known nothing about it) and were delighted with the memento. :)

Tuscan Tours offers two levels of wedding planning services - simple and elaborate. We were planning a very intimate wedding with only 9 guests, so we weren't looking for a full wedding planning package - just someone to help us out with the paperwork and to recommend a photographer and a restaurant for the reception dinner. Tuscan Tours was one of the only wedding planning services I found that offers different pricing for something simple. Overall, their price was extremely reasonable. Annie was very responsive to all questions, and she was very clear about what was / was not included (which I very much appreciated!). Even though we had selected the simplest wedding planning package, I felt that we were valued customers and that Annie & Francesco were very much involved in making sure that we had the wedding of our dreams. Everything went off without a hitch, and we couldn't be happier!

Visited September 2012