“Delicious Food at Reasonable Prices”

Enolaioteca Da Pina - La taverna della terra di Mezzo
Ranked #15 of 100 Restaurants in Volterra
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2017

Strolling around Volterra, we stopped to look at the menu at this restaurant. It sounded good, but no one was inside or outside at the tables there. We decided to take a chance and were rewarded with one of the best meals of our 2 week trip to Tuscany and Umbria. We started with a beautiful mixed salad which was the right size for 2 people to share, then had a delicious homemade gnocchi with pesto (a specialty in this region). My husband had decided to try the steak Florentine, so I shared his. It was truly the most flavorful and tender steak that we had eaten in a very long time. He had asked for a small size and it was still very large. It came with grilled fresh vegetables, which were also perfectly cooked. The owner and his waitress were very friendly and efficient. We were told that the owners wife is the outstanding chef. By the way, if you sit outside as we did, be sure to go in and take a look at the basement area...very interesting and well done décor with the feel of Etruscan ruins.

Reviewed October 22, 2017

Tried Volterran soup...very tasty and filling. Meat and cheese platter was fresh and the jam was delicious with the cheese. Good for a quick and easy meal; the menu had a lot on it but we were keen to sightsee so chose quick items.

Reviewed September 27, 2017

Not understanding Italian, my husband suggested that we stop here because he wanted a beer with lunch (tavern, get it?).
The tables near the door didn't look very enticing and the server asked if we would like to go downstairs. We were shocked and delighted to find that downstairs was actually a cave.
My husband ordered the pasta with wild boar sauce. Boar is an acquired taste, I think, and he found it very gamey. I was starving for vegetables, so simply ordered to side dishes: roasted potatoes and grilled vegetables. They were perfectly cooked and satisfied my need for something other than pasta.
My husband got his beer and I enjoyed a 1/4 L of house white . Very good!
We were the only people in the dining room. Service was very friendly and food came out quickly.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

lunch for Two we chose the Bruchetta to share and were suprised with delicious cheeses, salami's and a delightfull bruchetta. The table was perfect and a lot of passengers commented the gorgeous looking plate for two. Service was nice and quickly especially the girl from Pisa. Mille Grazie di ollanda.

Reviewed April 26, 2017 via mobile

True authentic pasta dishes filling but without the stuffed feeling, staff was accommodating to non-Italian speaking visitors. Visa is accepted.

2  Thank James M