Villa Rioddi(Volterra)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
San Lino(Volterra)
$87
  • Breakfast included
Chiostro delle Monache(Volterra)(Great Value!)
$57
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $66/night.

Villa Porta all'Arco(Volterra)(Great Value!)
$96
Hotel Antica Badia(Volterra)(Great Value!)
$60
Hotel La Locanda(Volterra)(Great Value!)
$85
Hotel Etruria(Volterra)(Great Value!)
$109
$86
$123
$87
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfree parkingclose to towncommon roomperfect locationcomfortable roomreasonable ratessparkling cleanyogurtsitting roomold cityplace to staycakessilviahostesswifibreakfasttuscany
Reviewed June 24, 2011

La Primavera is a beautiful property located 100 m from the gates of the medieval city of Volterra, one of the most perfectly preserved of the Tuscan hill towns. The young couple who own it are friendly and can offer excellent suggestions for dining. The room was clean, comfortable, and furnished in an appealing county-house style; it looked onto a small garden area. Private parking is included, as as I came during the week they let me keep my car there for the day, after I'd checked out, while I toured Volterra. Internet is available on request. The road and house are quiet and I slept very well. The price was excellent, as was the breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We happended on the La Primavera B&B when planning our trip to Italy and using Trip Advisor. This was another gem. Silvia was a wonderful host and her homemade baking in the mornings started each day with a smile. The location just outside one of the city gates was perfect especially when driving (we didn't have to drive into the town, that was a good thing) and it comes with free parking. Silvia is very helpful with directions, places to see, places to eat, things to do, etc. Our room was very clean and spacious. The garden was well kept and provided a relaxing area for a glass of wine before dinner. We wouldn't think of staying anywhere else in Volterra.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2011

As last reviewer is my daughter I must agree with her. This is a really nice place to stay . Ok ,the breakfast is continental but I am not too fussed about it . For location ,cleanliness and big rooms with nice garden , this is the place to stay to get all of that at a reasonable price.
Top marks.

Room Tip: room overlooking garden ( there are two )
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I stayed at this guesthouse for 4 nights in June as I was attending a wedding nearby with my parents and partner. We had two rooms out of the 4 in the guesthouse and from the moment we arrived we fell in love with the place. The rooms are very sweet, lovely little touches and really quite large which we were surprised by, usually B & B rooms are quite small. The room and adjoining bathroom were spotlessly clean. The garden is lovely and well kept, we sat out there after breakfast each morning and found it very relaxing. The location of the guesthouse couldn't be beaten, it's about a 4 minute walk to the entrance to Volterra old town. My Mum was on crutches so this was ideal.
Silvia the owner is just lovely. She went out of her way to secure me a hair appointment for the wedding when I couldn't get one myself.

The only thing I can fault is the breakfast, you have to be in the kitchen area by 9.15am which is quite early and I thought the breakfast lacked fresh foods, I would have loved to see fresh bread or croissants.

All in all, we loved our stay here and would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Very clean, nicely decorated, spacious room, just a few hundred feet from the walls of Volterra. A couple of areas outside where you can sit and enjoy the sun. Nice breakfast with a variety of items. WiFi is available, but as mentioned by someone else I was unable to get it to work with my computer. Sylvia provided some great restaurant suggestions.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple