Stayed here for 4 nights in early October with my hubby and 13 year old niece. We had a standard room with an extra bed - the room wasn't enormous but more than sufficient and very comfortable for a standard room. You don't feel as if you're in a hotel at all - it definitely has a more resort-type feel about it, with individual apartments rather than hotel rooms, which are spread around the grounds and fantastic gardens. Although next to other apartments, privacy is great with separate patio or balcony. The staff were absolutely brilliant - friendly, helpful, smiling, very efficient and discreet - you rarely noticed them until you needed somebody and then there they were! The grounds and gardens are really lovely - pomegranate trees, lemon, lime and orange trees, olives and beautiful flowers surround you. The hills in which the resort nestles are picturesque and peaceful. You definitely need a car to get around - unless you are happy to stay in the resort for the whole of your stay - the town centre of Villasimius is about 5-10 mins away by car where you'll find all you need in terms of shops, restaurants, bars etc. Numerous fabulous beaches abound - all within a few miles - so great to explore. The breakfasts were stupendous - we LOVED them! Fresh fruit, cheeses, cereals, hams, pastries, breads, jams, honey, scrambled or boiled eggs, toast and bacon. We'd have a four course breakfast every day and didnt need to eat again until the evening! We ate once in the hotel restaurant and it was well presented, good-sized portions and tasty. It wasn't haute-cuisine and I have had better, but it was certainly acceptable for the price and we enjoyed it very much. To give an idea - I had a lovely spicey baby octopus dish to start, followed by leek and potato soup, followed by scampi and then tiramisu. My niece had a lovely aubergine parmegiana, followed by a pasta and vegetable dish and then grilled lamb chops with a BEAUTIFUL fresh veg ratatouille. Lots of yummy bread and olives served too so we were definitely full afterwards! The pools are great - a larger one in the shape of a figure 8 near the restaurant and bar, and a smaller oval shaped one a little further down in a much quieter area with hammocks and shady areas to sit and relax. All in all, we had a magical 4 days and would have loved to stay longer - it was my niece's first time abroad and she was enchanted! Bravo to the management and all the staff - a little gem - we shall definitely come again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cruccuris Resort is built in typical Mediterranean style with 2 large swimming pools, ample terracing and terracotta colouring which contrasts the blue of the sky and the green of the surrounding beautiful garden. It is situated at the foot of a gently sloping hill overlooking the renowned sandy beach of Campus, only 900mt away from the hotel. Quiet and relaxing, Cruccuris Resort is perfect for those seeking a smaller hotel in tranquil surroundings. Guests can relax peacefully in the gardens or sunbathe by one of the hotel's two swimming pools, where sun-loungers are at their disposal. The hotel offers a private beach at the Hotel Stella Maris (4 km far) where a beach/pool service is available on payment and by reservation according to availability, including sun umbrella, sun bed, beach towel, shuttle at settled times. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Cruccuris Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cruccuris Hotel Villasimius
- Cruccuris Resort Villasimius, Sardinia