If you expect full service 5 star experience, well, then don't book cruccuris. It's 4 Italian stars, that's what it advertises, that's what you get. So we weren't disappointed.
1. Room&Service: A bit dark and a bit outdated and for those who care we had the smallest TV I've seen in my whole life. Room was surprisingly spacious with a nice see view and a terrasse and cool despite nearly 35 degrees even without the A/C running (if it's running it's pretty loud). We experienced the service as always helpful and accomodating. Nothing to complain on that front (especially considering the rating). Internet is expensive, but then this is Europe and not the U.S. so you expect that...
2. Pools: Clean, nothing special, well maintained, however I personally prefer salt-water pools if any pools at all (too many nice beaches in less than 30min drive)
3. Dinner: Well that's a point indeed: I've only had one fantastic dining experience in Sardinia over the years and that wasn't in cruccuris. It's average to good, but I wouldn't stretch it to a very good. For the 4 star rating it's definitely good. Sometimes however the food was a bit lukewarm, wine was mediocre (other places offer a better selection of local wines and just a touch better food although in the Villasimius area Cruccuris can certainly hold its own).
4. Setting: Looks a bit strange when you drive up the dirt road, but the complex, despite a bit dated is very well maintained (for Italian standards anyhow), nice setting towards the bay and a nice mountain panorama.
5. Getting there: Quite a drive! I would plan with 45 min to 60min at least if there is no traffic, if there is, easily more!
6. Beaches: Villasimius beaches are mediocre at best (crowded, often windy, thus no clear water). However the beaches in the immediate vicinity are far more appealing. Just drive along the coastal street towards costa rei, you don't have to go all the way up to costa rei, quite some good beaches in between.
Overall: Relaxing stay. Hotel is definitely up to the 4 star Italian standard, thus the "very good"-rating, if you expect anything more, you will be thouroughly disappointed. We stayed for 3 nights on a quick weekend trip and for that time it was very good and very refreshing. Try Cafe van Gogh if you want to have some down-to-earth sardinian food after the beach.
However we probably won't be back in the south as the beaches in the east and north are much nicer and mostly quieter and less touristy than the Cagliary area... but that's just a personal opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cruccuris Resort is built in typical Mediterranean style with 2 large swimming pools, ample terracing and terracotta colouring which contrasts the blue of the sky and the green of the surrounding beautiful garden. It is situated at the foot of a gently sloping hill overlooking the renowned sandy beach of Campus, only 900mt away from the hotel. Quiet and relaxing, Cruccuris Resort is perfect for those seeking a smaller hotel in tranquil surroundings. Guests can relax peacefully in the gardens or sunbathe by one of the hotel's two swimming pools, where sun-loungers are at their disposal. The hotel offers a private beach at the Hotel Stella Maris (4 km far) where a beach/pool service is available on payment and by reservation according to availability, including sun umbrella, sun bed, beach towel, shuttle at settled times. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cruccuris Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cruccuris Hotel Villasimius
- Cruccuris Resort Villasimius, Sardinia