While we enjoyed our time at Villasimius, the Cruccuris 'resort' was a little disappointing. However, there are a few points that I wish I'd known before booking:
* 'resort' - it's not, really. It's a hotel with two pools.
* 'four-star' - while it may have sufficient amenities to meet some specific definition of 'four-star' (or indeed, they may have simply awarded that rating to themselves, as so many hotels do) it's not a four star experience. The rooms, while clean and large, are bare and unwelcoming (think UK TravelLodge with french windows!) and like the rest of the hotel, could really do with a significant update.
* 'access to private beach' - the same company have another hotel with a private beach, which Cruccuris guests are promised access to. Unfortunately, unlike many other hotel chains, this isn't complimentary - it costs €15 per person, per day, meaning it's not really a perk at all, given there are many other hotels and beaches in the area offering a similar opportunity for the same or less.
* the wifi - costs €3 for 30 minutes.
* the restaurant - is erratic. Some of the dishes are really good, while others are surprisingly poor. A particular low point, however, is the wine list. We had to spend €40 (the most expensive white available) to get something approaching pleasant, which even then was way worse than you'd get for a tenner in the Italian section at Tesco. In addition, the rose prosecco on their list has the unfortunate distinction of being the single worst bottle I've experienced in many years.
* the staff - on the whole pleasant, although sometimes the level of service is poor, especially from the receptionists, who couldn't really be bothered to help a lot of the time.
All in all, as I said, we enjoyed our stay, although this was probably more to do with the weather and the fantastic beaches around the area, than the hotel. I wouldn't consider returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cruccuris Resort is built in typical Mediterranean style with 2 large swimming pools, ample terracing and terracotta colouring which contrasts the blue of the sky and the green of the surrounding beautiful garden. It is situated at the foot of a gently sloping hill overlooking the renowned sandy beach of Campus, only 900mt away from the hotel. Quiet and relaxing, Cruccuris Resort is perfect for those seeking a smaller hotel in tranquil surroundings. Guests can relax peacefully in the gardens or sunbathe by one of the hotel's two swimming pools, where sun-loungers are at their disposal. The hotel offers a private beach at the Hotel Stella Maris (4 km far) where a beach/pool service is available on payment and by reservation according to availability, including sun umbrella, sun bed, beach towel, shuttle at settled times. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Cruccuris Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cruccuris Hotel Villasimius
- Cruccuris Resort Villasimius, Sardinia