Just back from a week's honeymoon at Cala Caterina and we really enjoyed our stay. The room was nice, clean and we had a view of the paino bar, gardens and could see the sea a few hundred metres away. Aircon was quiet and effective and the decor simple but chic. Unfortunately the bed was so hard we both often woke up aching but that's just personal taste. The bathroom wasn't really up to scratch for a superior room with a too small shower that had tiles needed to be replaced and a duff loo seat. But overall we liked it and would recommend this one.
The pool was lovely and clean, sun beds readily available as were unlimited towels and the beach equally good. A young guy puts up your bed and umbrella after 8.30am but sometimes it's hard to get a sunbed on the beach because other guests get down early and 'reserve' beds with their towels but the inexplicably don't come back for hours. We just sat where we wanted anyway and no one ever complained that we'd nicked their bed! We were lucky that the wind last week was pretty much non-existent which we're told is unusual and did mean that the temp got up to 36 degrees, but the benefit is the sea was very calm and clear so that we could swim everyday.
Things we liked: service (v good), staff, breakfast and lunchtime food (excellent), closeness to beach, lovely, pretty gardens, proximity to Villasimius (5km and short taxi ride).
Things for improvement: bathroom, evening meal menu is a taster menu that was a bit fussy and out of 6 nights we ate out 3 because we prefer fresh fish, veg and pasta to the small dishes of all sorts mixed together.
Overall would recommend this for honeymooners, couples and is also child friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOCATION The hotel is situated in one of the most delightful corners of Sardinia's South East coast, a few minutes from the holiday village of Villasimius (5 km) and close to its well equipped tourist marina (1 km). Surrounded by Mediterranean greenery and facing a crystal blue sea, the hotel offers its guests all the charm and magic of the island. Its secluded position makes the hotel an oasis of peace and tranquillity. Distance from Cagliari: 56 km. Distance from Olbia: 270 km. BEACH A pleasant walk (100 m) through the lovely garden with shady pine trees and well kept lawns, leads to the delightful Cala Caterina beach - a small sandy bay edged by smooth granite rocks. The hotel provides free sun-beds and umbrellas at the beach, as well as on the adjacent lawn. Beach towels are also complimentary. THE HOTEL AND ITS FACILITIES Built in a traditional Mediterranean style with long shady colonnades, the hotel blends in perfectly with the surrounding natural environment. It boasts a wide lobby, an elegant restaurant, a bar with a charming terrace overlooking the swimming pool and the surrounding garden, which provides ample space for taking the sun or lying in the shade. Services: reception open 24 hours a day, porter service, lift, unattended car park, during some evenings piano bar entertainment. There is an extra charge for mountain bikes, scooters and cars hire and for taxi service to Villasimius, where shops, restaurants and various services are available. ACCOMMODATION Situated on either the ground (patio) or first floor (balcony), the 48 rooms are all tastefully furnished in elegant pastel shades, with painted wooden furniture and marble topped tables. The rooms all have private facilities with bath or shower, hair-dryer and are equipped with satellite TV, air-conditioning, direct dial telephone, minibar and safe. There are 5 room types: - Classic (2/3 beds, about 25/30 sqm.): Double room with additional 3rd bed if required. - Comfort (2/3 beds, about 25/30 sqm.): Double room with additional 3rd bed if required, total renovated bathroom. - Prestige (2/3 beds, about 25/30 sqm.): Double room with additional 3rd bed if required, sea side. - Junior Suite (4 beds, about 40 sqm.): Double room with sofa bed, sea side, ground floor, totally renovated; - Sea View Suite (4/5 bedso, about 65 sqm.): Double room, living room and sofa bed and single bed, first floor with balcony, 2 bathrooms, private steam room. RESTAURANT The hotel restaurant offers both local and international cuisine with a wide selection of wines to match. Half board basis includes buffet style breakfast and waiter service dinner (drinks not included). Lunch is on request and with an extra cost: guests may enjoy a light lunch or a snack at the bar. Guests booked on half board enjoy a Gourmet Menu which consists of four courses each with two or three different 'taster' dishes and a seasonal fruits and vegetables buffet. SPA Protected with full privacy, laying out under the gazebo, the wellness treatments, massages, aromatic baths and the steam room will give you a complete relaxation, for body and soul. SPORTING ACTIVITIES There are plenty of sporting activities available nearby, in Porto Giunco (1 km), including water sports (windsurfing, waterskiing, canoeing, sailing) and boat rental. Only 3 km away: tennis, golf, diving and horse-riding. EXCURSIONS At the hotel reception it is possible to book nature and archaeological excursions by jeep and boat excursions with refreshments on board to the Islands of Serpentara and Cavoli, both protected marine reserves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Cala Caterina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cala Caterina Hotel
- Cala Caterina Villasimius
- Hotel Cala Caterina Villasimius, Sardinia