I never normally write reviews on anything but have returned from our honeymoon stay in mid-September with Pullman Timi Ama and felt i had to comment.
I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone. There is a huge pool with lots of sunloungers and sunbeds to laze about on. I would recommend going at this time of year (September) as it's still boiling but there's a lovely wind which keeps you cool (and keeps the mosquitos away at night) - it also means there's not much fight for the sunbeds. It's a very short walk (or even shorter shuttle ride) away from a Private beach with clear water. Be careful not to poke your eye out on the wicker umbrellas - we never learnt and saw many people doing the same!
The food - it was out of this world. After trying to stay slim for a wedding it was absolutely amazing to be able to pig out of the huge selection of quality food that's on offer. Each night the food varies slightly but there is so much to choose from.
We ate at the beach restaurant for lunch a couple of times which offers some lovely fresh fish. If you want a cheap lunch the 'pasta of the day' at the restaurant by the pool is only 8 euros and always lovely.
The only draw back is the price of the alcohol - the cheapest bottle of wine is 25 euros, the cocktails are around 11 euros, and a large bottle of water 4 euros. It was ok for us as we justified it by being on our honeymoon(!) but i'm glad we didn't stay for 2 weeks just for that reason alone.
I was a little disappointed about the classic room as, for a 5* hotel, it didn't take my breath away, but we weren't in the room much. The maids come twice a day so it always felt clean.
The best thing by far was the service we received from the wait staff - it was like nothing else I've experienced in any resort, & considering they don't work for customer tips they were just so friendly and helpful all the time. The conversations over lunch and dinner were lovely and they couldn't do enough (topping up your wine before you've even put your glass down). They really made our stay for us, and they're very clever knowing many different languages.
Taxi from the aiport is expensive (especially booking through the hotel) but you can probably do a deal with a taxi driver - we found a taxi service called Darios at Cagliari airport who charged us 100 euros on the way there but 80 on the way back because we booked him for our return journey (hotel charges 115 euros).
The evening entertainment isn't our thing generally but it's far enough away that it doesn't affect you if you want to sit and have a drink by the pool. From the bits we did see they were very good.
Every day we said we should venture into the town but we were just too happy at the resort to leave it!
Spa facilities were lovely inside but you have to have a treatment in order to use it - the full body massage for 80 euros so a little pricey but the massage staff were very good.
To sum up - go and stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In an enchanting position, in the extreme southeast of the island, Pullman Timi Ama Sardegna is set 55 km from Cagliari international airport and 2 km from the small town of Villasimius. Set in an idyllic bay dominated by an Aragonese tower, the hotel is shrouded in a Mediterranean vegetation. Inside the Protected Area of Capo Carbonara, among a natural salty lake and a marvelous white sandy beach, discover in Pullman Timi Ama Sardegna a new state of mind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pullman Timi Ama Sardegna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Timi Ama Sardegna Hotel Villasimius
- Sofitel Hotel Villasimius
- Sofitel Villasimius
- Villasimius Sofitel
- Pullman Timi Ama Sardegna Villasimius, Sardinia