Our family of 4 spent two nights here in July. I chose this hotel after deciding not to risk driving on the Amalfi coast and wanted someplace easier to drive to, kid-friendly and near Sorrento. My highlights in a nutshell:
1. The staff - Rafaella, Daniella and Marco were wonderful, basically answering every question with an answer of 'yes'.
2. The family room was terrific - although I would not be comfortable if my kids were under age 3 or 4 (ours was a two-level room with stairs), my 10 & 12 year old thought it was the best room ever. One of their beds was very very soft - too soft - but our daughter had no problem with it. Am sure we could have asked for a different mattress and gotten it if we wanted.
3. The dinner on the terrace was amazing. They serve drinks/beverages themselves from the terrace/lobby. The food/menu is a bit limited but price was average - even god for a hotel.
4. The shuttle service to the train station and to Vico Equense was great - Marco was great, on time and so helpful.
5. The location - outside of Sorrento - was easy to drive to and parking is free.
6. The pool was perfect - small (an above ground pool) but no one else was ever in it so the size wasn't an issue
7. The gardens/landscape was gorgeous
8. The hotel itself is kind of a funky building with high ceilings, an interesting lobby and stairwells. Really unique.
The Not So Great
Only one: The traffic outside - while very few hotels seem to be close enough for one to hear water or waves from their rooms (due to the very high cliffs everywhere), this hotel is on the main road and the cars driving by - required us to keep the doors to the terrace closed and the air conditioning on, so we wouldn't hear the cars. Its worth it to have the view of the water but would have liked one night with fresh sea air. If the doors/windows were closed, we barely heard any traffic, fyi.
Overall, a great stay - thx folks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Torre Barbara is 4 stars Hotel, the ideal place for those who wish to spend an unforgettable vacation overlooking the Gulf of Naples, just a few kilometers from the centre of Sorrento and places of major interest in the Campania region: Naples, Pompeii, Herculaneum, Caserta, Positano, Amalfi and the Amalfi Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Torre Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torre Barbara Hotel
- Torre Barbara Vico Equense
- Hotel Torre Barbara Vico Equense, Italy - Province Of Naples