“Beautiful hotel”

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Vico Equense
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Beautiful hotel”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed in January, so not at all crowded. Recently renovated, ultra-modern suites. A ton of space per unit. Quiet, perfectly clean. Awesome view of Naples Bay and Vesuvius from the terrace.
Extremely friendly staff and management. They did everything possible to make our stay great. Nice location right in town, so very easy to walk to dining and shopping. We cannot imagine a hotel being any better.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Me and my partner stayed for 3 nights early Feb. We stayed in the 'Europa' junior suite and it was great. Very friendly family who run the place, very helpful. We ate from the restaurant 'Signum' a few times, either in our room, or downstairs, every meal we had was delicious. I would love to come back and stay again :)

Room Tip: - there is actually no fitness centre, woops accidentally clicked that! The 'Europa' room at...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed in October 2012. The Cubo apartments at Vico Equense were an amazing find, the apartment owners Alfonso, Anna and Stefania are the friendliest people. The apartments are beautiful, with amazing views of the Bay of Naples. The complex gives you the best of both worlds with the space of an apartment but the convenience of a hotel, with room service to your door or breakfast made for you in the morning. Also, the family go out of their way for you, I asked Anna to recommend a hairdresser, she then got the hairdresser to come in early to fit me in or Alfonso gave us a lift to the port in Sorrento another day. The apartments have a state of the art security system, electronic switches for curtains, lights and blinds.

This was my first holiday with my four month old baby, they could not have been any more helpful, providing me with a microwave to sterilise bottles, helping us lift his pram, the blinds in the apartment were black out which meant he slept well and he loved the attention he got from all of the staff.

Vico Equense is an authentic Italian town, it was perfect for us as it was much less touristy than Sorrento but had easy access to the train and airport. The Amalfi coast is also very close by.
I would highly recommend this place, we had a wonderful time staying here and did not want to leave.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank una1982
Bensheim, Germany
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Rosanna & Mario
We have spent a week over Christmas 2012 at the Cubo apartment "Europa". My husband is German and I live in Germany since 2002. When I go to my "Italian home" I visit my parents, the rest of the family, enjoy the weather, the good food... This time we have left the children with the grandparents, who live not far from Vico, and decided to enjoy the place as tourists. We will for sure repeat the experience: we felt just so nicely taken care of!!! Anna and Alfonso are very very nice and always there for tips or any help...The Cubo location is central and convenient for a walk around, shopping, excellent food, pizza and ice cream!!!
I have discovered that one can even go hiking and have a top perspective of the beautiful landscape. I had forgotten that the sea is December is just unbelievable!!! Vico is quiet and safe! The Circumvesuviana train station is not far and it is easy to reach Pompei, Ercolano, Naples, Sorrento...The location is PERFECT!!!
The only bad thing is that now I miss having everyday a different cake for breakfast, I don´t see the fantastic view from my kitchen and all the hidden wonderful sides of this country...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rosanna P
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed here for one night as a young couple visiting Pompeii and it was the nicest place we stayed in Italy. The apartments were impeccable, very clean and safe and the service provided was unbelievable. We highly recommend dining at the restaurant attached to the apartments as well (we tried the lobster linguini which was fantastic!). We were even offered a delicious complimentary pizza on departure simply so we could try more of the owner's cooking and a tour of the kitchen.

The apartments were very comfortable, and had all the little touches that make a place feel like home such as a Christmas tree as we were travelling during the christmas period, and the view was amazing. The apartments are in a great location, literally 2 minutes walk from the train station where Pompeii is only 15-20 minutes train ride away on a direct route, and only 5 minutes walk from the main square. We would definitely recommend staying here rather than Naples to visit Pompeii.

Overall, we could not have asked for more from this property. Thank you so much Alfonso, Stefania, Micele and Anna for making our stay so enjoyable- we look forward to staying here again in future trips to Italy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sophie C
Rome, Italy
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here for just one night. The apartments was gorgeous, very comfortable, with all the latest technology and all the comforts of home. The freezer even had ice in it (a plus for an American). Read all the other positive reviews for the many pluses of staying here.

I'll just mention the one negative thing (though it would not stop me from going there again):
- In the morning we went down for breakfast; the gentleman working at the bar at that time was not really friendly or welcoming (as the owners were when we arrived the day before). Breakfast consisted of a choice of (delicous) homemade cakes -- all of which were quite sweet. There was nothing salty or savory to speak of. This is typical in Italy, but given how excellent and beyond-expectations the service had been in every other respect, I figured they would have a bit more of a selection for breakfast. Also, in the bar area (where breakfast was served) this gentleman had the sports broadcast coming through the overhead speakers fairly loudly; not what I want to listen to at 7:30am on a Sunday. It would have been better just to have quiet, or perhaps some light music (with the volume turned down fairly low).

So my recommendation is: stay here, but be sure to go to the grocery store when you arrive and stock up on the kind of breakfast things you might want, and just skip their hotel breakfast -- unless you want a fancy coffee or what-not, then run down for a coffee at their bar, but otherwise eat in your room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends