“Fantastic seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Buonamico

Buonamico
Ranked #29 of 458 Restaurants in Viareggio
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Fantastic seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

A wonderful restaurant with fabulous food. We had the most amazing spaghetti with mussels, prawns and parsley followed by sea bass and fritti misto. The waiters were attentive and it was excellent value for money. I would highly recommend this place.

• Korean first
Florence, Italy
“Great food, nice place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2010

Great fish food, very fresh, a nice restaurant, with a good atmosphere.
Very good service, good wine list.
What else? I'll be back there, for sure!

dundee scotland
“a good local resturant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2008

I thought this was a good trattoria. The antipasti misti della casa were faultless and very tasty. We both had a steak as, after a week in Viareggio we had eaten loads of fish. The fillets balsamico were cooked to perfection. I found the staff to be efficient and friendly. They may not be over attentive, because unlike north america and the uk a italian waiters get a living wage and they don't have to grovel for tips to suppliment the minimum wage. The resturant's ambiance was lovely and I would not hesitate to go back.

Calgary
“Stay AWAY from this JOKE of a restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2008

My wife and I were there early May. This was by far our worst culinary experience in Italy, and probably the worst experience of our 10-day trip altogether. We started by ordering two Primis and one Secondi. The owner was not pleased about us sharing a main course and came back saying that the fish is big, do they will only serve it to two. What he really meant is that they will charge 28 Euros instead of 14 for that dish, but will serve the 4 little pieces of fish in a large platter, and space them apart more than the usual. My only regret is that I did not take a picture of that pathetic display of thriftyness. Total rip-off, especially considering the poor quality of all dishes we got served. The house wine ended up being HUNGARIAN. Get it??? You are an hour drive from Chianti country, where 5-6 Euros gets you some decent Italian, and these idiots serve you low-quality Hungarian wine.

The highlight of itt all was being seerved crab pasta insetad of the shrimp pasta my wife ordered. When we ask to be served the right dish instead, the owner came and argued (YES argued) that the crad was actually a shrimp. Well, maybe shrimps have started growing claws while we were in Italy, Not sure...

I realize Viareggio is a resort town, where all their clientelle is tourists who are not going to set foot there ever again, so your first visit is likely to be your last, no matter how you are treated. Well, the owners realize it too.

6 Thank AR2