“definitely not a 3 star” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Marchionni

Hotel Marchionni
Ranked #24 of 53 Hotels in Viareggio
limerick ireland
“definitely not a 3 star”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2009

we stayed in your hotel for two weeks in june,first of all the room we had was at the back of the hotel and ,the shutters were falling off ,the room itself was tiny and in need of painting and decorating.the hotel was quite central,but all in all it was run down.
rose limerick

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
1 Thank katelyn19

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2008

I went to Toscani for a few days and I wanted to stay one night by the sea. Viareggio seemed to be nice on pictures and well connected to Pisa and Lucca, which is where I was coming from.
As it was just for one night I thought I could save myself some money and book something not too expensive- the biggest mistake of my holidays. I booked just one night at this hotel, I really regretted it. I even considered going to a different hotel and losing my money but every hotel which looked nice, was already booked out.
As for this hotel......it is NOT a 3 stars, 2 stars would already be very generous for this "hotel", I think I've stayed in better hostels.
Where do i start. The room was old fashioned and small and had a really stale smell. The water pipes make terrible noises which did not let me sleep. The water itself took about 20minutes to heat up before i could use the shower. This has to be the smallest bathroom I've ever been in. Literally one person fits inside. The ceiling was covered in mould and the shower door did not close.
The breakfast was included but we decided not to have it. It looked so disgusting. We just checked out and ran away from that dirty hole.
Please spend a few more pennies and book at the Esplanade which is in the same street and looks awsome.

• Stayed September 2008
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank skratch-d
FabViareggio, Direttore at Hotel Marchionni, responded to this review, September 15, 2008
Dear Mr.skratch-d,
we read your very interesting comment, but we completely disagree because of these main reasons: the noise of water roar you heard came from the fountain placed in the historical square in front of the Hotel.
Private bathrooms are enough spacious, and we don't know a little bathroom in our structure...
Our breakfast is accurately prepared each morning by our cookers with fresh foods, you should try it!
Hotel Marchionni is a historic building that was built in 1923, and it has been renovated during this year, however it's not reasonable that you compare us with a superior category Hotel that costs twice...
We would be happy if you come back to visit us. Greetings from Viareggio!
The Director, Fabrizio Schulze

Travelers are raving about these Viareggio hotels